Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-26-11, 05:03

Plan: My own
Stats: 367/255/200 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Been a while on this.. Boredom had me wanting to eat

So, last night I had absolutely nothing to do. My plans fell through and I was left here with nothing to do. I had heartburn and didn't even want to run to the store to get any prilosec. I was just stuck in lazy mode!!

My mind was racing and I was telling myself: "Just eat something already, that will give you something to do!" I eventually succumbed to it, as this was an old habit of mine. I would get bored, hunker down in front of the TV and grab a tasty carb-filled fat-filled snack.

Thank god I don't have anything like that in my house. I postponed it as long as I could before I caved, and ended up eating some pork rinds and cheese.

I have to say I was a little disappointed in myself for getting to that point. I really need to find something that I can do to break away from feeling this way, it seems like a trigger for bad habits.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-28-11, 09:32

Plan: Low Carb and IF
Stats: 201/156/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

That is a hard habit to break. When you cave in, just dust off and move on. The fact that you had a lower carb snack makes it all that much easier to get back on track. Part of doing this is preparing for those moments when willpower is flagging or old habits come calling. Pork rinds and cheese are a good fallback.

Don't be hard on yourself. You're doing great!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-28-11, 10:49

Plan: dukan
Stats: 235/216/154 Female 5ft 6inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

I agree, sometimes old habits are really hard to break but low-carb snacking instead of caving in and going high carb is great will power! Be proud of yourself, what you have already achieved and how you are still trying. I'm feeling bored today and think I'll go to bed early with a good book tonight so I don't slip!!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-28-11, 12:56

Plan: LC and PH now and then.
Stats: 176.5/153/140 Female 60 ins
BF:
Progress: 64%

I don't think you did that bad. I didn't hear the words " I ate a whole pizza" or " and then the chocolate box was empty".. come on, you did not do that much damage. They say listen to your body. Well you did, you were hungry!... Boredom is a terrible thing for a diet. Find something to do even if its sitting on the computer all evening. FOR NOW! Go to dance lessons, book club,swimming, anything that you can do as a hobby to fill your time when you have no other plans. I spend hours on my own and I-m rarely bored, but that's me. We are not all made the same. I-m used to being at home and it suits me. Your being too hard on yourself.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-28-11, 16:25

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Maybe you could go for a walk? That would help your diet for sure.
I get on here and read all kinds of interesting information when I'm bored.
You did just great eating on plan!! don't be so hard on yourself
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-11, 10:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/184/130 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 36%

I don't think that was caving in at all..you made a choice - a good one when you wanted a snack. I struggle with having a "go-to" plan when these urges hit me. I especially like to have Atkins bars on hand for just such occasions.

My biggest sturggles are when I'm stressed. I want to medicate myself with carbs, and it's hard for me not to just sabotage myself at times like that....