Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 12:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, modified
Stats: 195/175.5/140
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Bad week. Does anybody get sick when they cheat?

It has been a bad week. I stated TOM last weekend and craved a starbuck mocha and I caved in on Monday. Then on Tues. I had a mocha and a chai tea latte( which was sickening sweet) then I had toast. Wed. i went back to LCing and promptly got the flu!!!! I wonder if LCing was keeping me healthy and when I blew it I got sick. Then last night I had 3 cookies and toast, after vodka and diet coke. Sooo no more alcohol for me!!! I am scared to weigh myself and hope that this week will be better for me. I plan to go back to induction and start having salads.... I have not had one since I started!!! I also need to cut back on nuts. Stil sick but improving. Does anybody have good tips for LCing with the flu?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 15:14

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 145/120/125
BF:
Progress: 125%

Oh emma - time to get back on the wagon! As for LC while on the flu - I find when I have the flu I just don't eat except for chicken soup (which can be very low carb).

As for getting sick when i cheat - I usually get bloated and feel sick to my stomach. but i've never gotten the flu from cheating! But remember, each time you change the way you eat - your body has to adjust - so that could be it!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 12:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/181/160
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Bad week.does anybody get sick when they

I got sick with the stomach flu and had to stop LCing. I was vomiting and had severe diahrrea. I could not even get out of the bed. The only time I got out of the bed was to use the bathroom. I ate saltine crackers and orange juice when I could and have been eating crackers and soup with toast and juices. I tried to get back on it Sunday but it seemed that the fat (butter, eggs, cheese etc..) made my stomach hurt again. It is now Tuesday and my stomach is still hurting. Could it be the adjustment my body had to make, Sailfish? Anyway, I am going to try and stay off until I feel better and start up again. I don't want to start back because of the fatty foods and grease. Hopefully, in the next couple of days I can start all over again with the 2 week induction.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 13:31
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Post Binging

I find that if I binge on carbs the next day I hold tons of water and I get massive headaches. I start to feel better after a day LCing correctly.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 12:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I feel really sick to my stomach and get cramps when I go off low carbing. I know that I feel so much better when I don't eat sugary or starchy food. TOM is a bad time for me too, it seems to be the only time that I go off the WOL and that's just when the extra water wieght seems to multiple because I'm eating the way I use too. I'm going to make a real effort to avoid those foods for my next TOM.
Jo-Ann
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 13:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/181/160
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Bad week. Does anybody get sick when they

Hello,
I am finally feeling alot better so I started my induction period again today. It seems to make me a little moody. Maybe it's the adjustment but like I said before I never really felt good like Dr Atkins explains in the book or have lots of energy. My kids are sick now and I heard on the news about a stomach virus hitting across the country, must be really bad. Makes me think of chemicals airborne, you never know now a days.
Maria

B-2 eggs fried, 7 thin slices of bacon, water
L-pot roast (medium size), ceasar salad (no croutons), water