Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 10:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/126/119
BF:
Progress: 75%
Smile Pick me! Pick me!

Ooh! Ooh! This is a cool idea!!!

I'd really like a buddy! I'm having a rubbish day & it would cheer me up! However, I am aware that a buddy is for life & not just for bad hair days!

I'm 31 (Just. It really hurt!), as you can see, not too far from my target, though that might move (It's moved a few times already!), and live in the depths of freezing cold England. But as all of my 'real life' buddies are totally different from me (& each other), I don't mind if you're similar or a whole heck of different! (I'm in such a (brackety) mood today! )

Go on- press that reply button!

Daisy

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 10:47

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

You nut!

Sorry to hear you are having a bad day. It's freezing cold here in Texas this morning. (18 degrees) At least the sun is shining, but it isn't warming the day up by much.

I hate winters. I am not much of a snow bunny. Prefer it warm to hot.

You can shoot me an email at Agonycat~yahoo.com if you like.

#3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 14:29

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Atleast you don't have snow! I'm in North Carolina covered in snow! Don't even own a snow shovel! I could handle 18* but the snow is just not my thing.

Daisy, I have a bad hair days all the time, so I'm avail. Well if it's not a bad hair day it's a bad body day!
I'll be 29 in march and that will be my last birthday. I too have difficulty with numbers!

Till Later,
Heather

liddlehedda~triad.rr.com
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 02:34

BF:

Hi you guys! Wow- you replied! I was all set to have another bad day today & here I am grinning my head off! Just exactly like that, in fact! Except with bad hair.

We have snow! It snowed days ago & hasn't thawed, so it's really icy here. I'm wearing so many clothes! I was thinking in my new hat & big coat I would look like the blond one from Abba (no, not the one with the beard!) but I caught sight of myself in a shop window & I look more like... well, the one with the beard, really!

Heather, I hate to tell you this, but I swore that my 25th birthday would be my last. I had some sort of vision of me at 70 telling people (little old lady voice) "I was 25 last birthday!" (deranged cackle). Unfortunately, I swore it to too many people & they now make a point of having a huge celebration on my birthday! Grrr...

Agonycat, I really like your name! I prefer the warm too, but I think I was born in the wrong country for that!

For various complicated reasons, and possibly because I was really evil in a former life, I don't have proper email at work anymore. I'll try to contact you guys on my home internet tv though, or by PM at some point. Thanks for replying!!!

Take care, Daisy

#5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 09:53

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

hehehe

I am still counting. Although most people don't believe me when I tell them I hit 42 last year. Hopefully I will continue to age gracefully. As they say...age is a state of mind. My mind got stuck around 6 or 7. I chase our cats and dogs around the house playing with them, sometimes if hubby gets in the way I chase him too!

I can't wait for summer to get here. I swear I am going to hit my goal before summer even if I have to take a blow torch and melt the last few pounds off!

We are still freezing cold here in Dallas. Wish we would get one of those indian summers...you know..where it warms up in the 80s in the middle of winter.

Drop me a line if ya get bored. I am sure I can come up with some sort of mischief.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 10:22
Registered Member

Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Daisy, Daisy

Love your name, and your post.

I'm new here. My second time on LC WOE. First round (two years ago) I started at 145 and lost 30 lbs. Sadly, I have slipped down the slippery hi carb slope again. I too have changed my goals many times. First round I thought I'd be happy if I got back to 130, but I did so well I made my goal 120 and exceeded it. Felt great, bought all new clothes - now there tight

I live near Cleveland Ohio. We're the cloudiest city in the country in the winter, got 30" snow last Sat. I hate winter, my dream is to live in the sunny SW US if I ever get to retire. But I'm fascinated by England and hope to visit some day.

I know what you mean about all the winter clothes, us petite women look like short little hulks in sweaters and coats!

Would love to be you buddy - we've fairly close, except I'm 49 (hate that number). The goods news is everyone thinks I'm younger, thanks to hair coloring and low carbing

Good luck to you, and me. We can control our weight!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 03:15

BF:
Default Hi guys!

Dinky- talk about great minds thinking alike! I saw your 'petite ladies' post over the weekend & thought the same! I'd private message you but I think you need to post more or something.
Is that a typo or did you really have 30 inches of snow??? Because I've been moaning about the 3 inches we had last week! Like the new journal too!

Agonycat, I love the though of you chasing everyone around the house! Sounds like you're aging very dis-gracefully! I'd love a dog but I'm out at work all day & don't really have the room for the big, floppy type of dog I'd really like.

I bought myself a new hat to keep me warm/ cheer myself up/ divert attention away from my bottom! I've given up all pretentions of sophistication, though- this one is a floppy, stripy pink thing with red tassels! Definately not like the blond one from Abba this time! More like one of the elves from Harry Potter!

Lots of love, Daisy

#8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 20:57
Registered Member

Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Hi Daisy

How'd it go this week? Waiting to hear another hat story over here in snowy Cleveland

Got up to 45 today and melted most of our snow. But don't worry we'll get more soon.

We're headed downtown tomorrow to walk around the 'indoor RV show' just so we'll have some place to walk a lot out of the weather. But of course we'll have to follow all that walking with dinner.

I do have a recommendation for you. Get a yorkie! We have a little 5 pounder and he runs the house. He is paper trained so never goes outside unless I'm carrying him. This is especially good this time of year - when the snow is frequently over his head I never really wanted a small dog before, but dh talked me into it, and he's quite the little buddy. I must tell you though - he considers himself a 'big dog' You could even buy hats for him.