Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jun-20-15, 19:25

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

"Our metabolisms are always going - otherwise we'd be dead." LOL!!!

I don't eat breakfast. Blurgh.

Everybody's different.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jun-20-15, 19:36

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I've changed everything about the way I used to eat.
When I weighed the most, I Never ate breakfast.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jun-20-15, 20:25

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

I've found if I skip a meal, especially breakfast, it opens me up to making poor food choices or over eating at lunch. That was one of my favorite things about Atkins - first rule listed under rules of induction was to not skip meals or go more than six waking hours without eating. I thought any "diet" that told me to eat and never be hungry sounded too good to be true, but if it worked I could be a happy woman for life! Luckily, for me it works.

I realize that fasting for 1 or more meals a day or going with a bullet proof coffee version with fat calories but not food, works well for others. I've read different studies showing benefits both ways. I think it is definitely a whatever works for each person is great and to go with what your body responds to the best.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-15, 20:14

Plan: Low carb/High Fat
Stats: 80/80/80 Male 1.85 cm
BF:
Progress:

I think a high protein breakfast is a good idea. Usually eat 30 to 50 grams upon waking. Does the trick.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jul-28-15, 12:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

There is logic behind the three meals and two snacks idea--if you are eating a "balanced" diet. When you are eating a higher ratio of carbs to everything else, you get hungry every two to three hours, and, if you don't eat, your metabolism slows down in response to the perceived lack of adequate food.

But when you have retrained your body to use what it evolved to use for energy--the fats and glucose stored in the fat cells--so long as you are getting adequate nutrition, it won't yell FEED ME all day long.

And, based on the many, many people who've eaten LCHF over the past century and a half, as well as indigenous people who do the same, avoiding carbs lowers significantly the need for dietary sources of many essential nutrients.

One of my favorite parts of GCBC was the years' long study of Inuit in northern Canada and Alaska. Researchers who adopted their "plants are not food for humans" diet thrived, alongside the Inuit. When they returned to their academic worlds, they were thought to be liars, because it was felt that it was impossible to avoid scurvy without eating vegetable sources of Vitamin C.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Oct-21-15, 10:37

Plan: All of them
Stats: 215/215/215 Male 6 foot
BF:
Progress:

I don't think you should eat immediately before going to sleep, as I think you should digest your meal before lying down. Skipping breakfast can be nice too if you were lazy and didn't clean everything the night before. Have some coffee and make sure your kitchen is spotless! Otherwise I'm not sure how much it really matters.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Oct-21-15, 10:46

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
Two meals a day would probably be enough for me, but I'm still eating in the evening. I need to break that habit.

Why, if it's not broke, don't fix it