Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-13, 23:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 208/200/185 Male 6'
BF:
Progress:
Wink Opinion Please

I LITERALLY DESSTORYED MY BODY for the past 4 days and I worked so friggin hard to lose weight...When I say I binged (not all at once over the course of 4 days), I'm talking 1 whole container of cookies, 2 medium pizzzas (1 pepporonni and bacon/xtra cheese, 1 lasagna pizza), 2 bottles of regular coke, 1 whole package of pilsbury raw cookie dough, a few atkins bars, 1/2 container of cream cheese, 1/2 loaf bread with butter..YOU GET THE IDEA...

Its so upsetting....Officially I counted being back on INDUCTION for the past 2 days w/1 workout (back and tris)...I'm just curious when my body will adjust back 5-7 pounds...and I KNOW THIS ISNT all water cuz i ate so much food....if im strict how long will it take me to bounce back...how about i start a poll??

If you think it takes the same amount of days you binged, as you get back to eating normal key in "1" (example: 4 days of binging and 4 days of dieting or regular eating or in this case for us, atkins lifestyle or induction)

If you think it takes DOUBLE the amount of time you binged (i.e. binge 4 days, it takes 8 to come back)

Last edited by babaganoo : Fri, Jul-19-13 at 23:01. Reason: Didnt write out the whole entry
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-13, 04:47
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

There's no way of knowing. All you can do is get back on the wagon and keep on going.

It's generally a few days, if your glycogen stores were full. Again, it depends on what you ate, what you're eating now, and your activity level.

But really, IMO, it's a mistake to get caught up in what happens over a period of days. You have to look at the long term. See where you are a month from now.

Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-13, 14:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/170/154 Female 157cm
BF:
Progress: 27%

Look! stop beating yourself up about this, it's not a race, it's a lifestyle. I know that wasn't the question but just calm down. I'm assuming due to the date this was written you have lost some of this gained weight? Just try to learn from your mistakes and re-focus, set your goals and like Kristine said "get back on the wagon", I did and keep doing and i'll keep doing it until I get the results I want. If you don't make mistakes, how will you learn anything especially about yourself. Be kind to yourself and speak words of love and peace, in the meantime shake it off and carry on.x