Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2026   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 15:52

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

REV I agree with the others. It is time for you to stand up solely for you and what you want to accomplish.

I have said many times that I can't have it. At mom and dads when my brother and his family fly down for a visit, I just eat my foods or doctor up what they got....like pizza. scrape off the tops and I bring a big old plate of chicken wings which everone attacks.

Every time you accept something you really know you shouldn't be having right now then you are just 'pretending' you are working the plan.

You are a warrior and warriors literally don't give to anyone or any situation

but I sure understand you have one and then it is what the heck and it snowballs. it is hard, wow, we all know it but key is you stick to what works for you.

if that was the worst and you didn't jump on a ton of carb food then ya did ok for that rough situation.
Sponsored Links
  #2027   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 16:00

BF:

Whoa PB, that is frightening. wow. I am so glad you are ok.
I don't like when I hear no rhythm or reason--like what? what happened to me and why?

you ate also which is a great sign you aren't under the weather.

since you know the name of it, I bet you are off googling all info you can find on it.

stay healthy !!
  #2028   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 16:22

Plan: 72
Stats: 220/168/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
Sigh. So yes I drank it and drank another 3 which annoys me even more because I paid for those myself!!! See what I mean about either being on plan 100% or off 100%?!

Rev - lemme tell ya, I am a beer drinker. It's been incredibly hard for me to give it up but I had to. I had to do it for me. I gave it up 100% for about 6 months. I had a few over the holidays and then one other time I went out with a friend. It seems I can tolerate it more now because I think I've become keto-adapted, meaning its quicker for me to get back into ketosis because of how long I've been following the WOE. It does stall me for weeks however. SO I am staying away from it for another few months. You've got to make a choice...chose your health!
  #2029   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 16:24

Plan: 72
Stats: 220/168/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Paulette! Super scary! I am glad you are OK. They told my dad low potassium or magnesium can trigger and episode like that.
  #2030   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 16:36

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I got ya Neener. I am a former beer drinker/ pizza eater. Had to give them up!
  #2031   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 16:50

BF:

Raising my hand. nothing like a cold beer on a hot summer day.
I gave it up also. beer I read was liquid bread.

keto-adapted. I didn't realize about this. How long does it take to be really adapted? can someone fill me in a bit about this. I know I am in ketosis cause I am eating 100% on induction plan for 2 weeks now and I feel it, but the longer on ketosis you can sway a bit and get into deep ketosis again faster? I didn't know of this benefit.
  #2032   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 17:30
Registered Member

Plan: atkins 72
Stats: 257/213/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hey Guys need to catch up with the reading, and see what you all have been up to. Im still plugging away. I was up a few ounces yesterday but back to 236 today. I dont quite understand the bouncy thing but as long as it downward Im ok
Hope your all having a good Saturday. I ate a bacon cheeseburger for lunch not sure what dinner will be, maybe some shrimp sauted in butter?? Hmmmm what to have? What you all having?
  #2033   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 18:19

Plan: Atkins/Paleo mix
Stats: 219/209.4/170 Female 5 feet, 8 inches
BF:Yep
Progress: 20%

Whirrly, I've noticed this effect when I have been eating on plan for at least six months. I don't have sciencey words off the top of my head to back this, but I tend to think of it as "training" for my body. I don't know if you have ever read any of the blogs on the Protein Power website, but there is a post in particular that describes the process of your body shifting from using carbs to fat as fuel. If your body has been using fat as fuel for a while, it wouldn't have the enzymes readily available to process the carbs you surprise it with. The doctor on the site definitely describes it better. http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/...-low-carb-pt-i/
  #2034   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 18:23

Plan: Atkins/Paleo mix
Stats: 219/209.4/170 Female 5 feet, 8 inches
BF:Yep
Progress: 20%

Debbie, hi! I think I'm the newest Warrior here! Tonight I had fajita beef sautéed in butter...yum!!! I'm proud because there was queso and tortillas on the table just waiting to be eaten...but I refused to listen and am looking forward to that "skinny" feeling tomorrow morning when I first wake up. That is one of my favorite feelings.
  #2035   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 19:13
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Go Buffalo Jo Go!!!

#2036   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 19:17

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi..I went to Sprouts and got a big package of chicken to grill and some lettuce for a salad. I also got DH a sweet potato. That was our dinner. For breakfast/ lunch I had steak and eggs. Was a good and yummy Low carb day. For some reason it doesn't really bother me much when others around me eat stuff that I don't, as long as I'm well fed with my low carb food and plenty of coffee.
  #2037   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 19:41

BF:

Rev thanks for the info and will check out the link.
'surprise' your body with carbs but it can process them?'
very interesting.

Delaney I wish I was there. one day I am fine, then another day I feel cheated. I am not on induction plan long enough to really have the big control yet. but I am trying and hoping to get where you are.
  #2038   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 19:51

Plan: Atkins 1972 Induction
Stats: 228/137/138 Female 5' 4"
BF:What body fat??
Progress: 101%

OMG Paulette! I'm so happy you're okay now but what the heck was that?? Did anybody tell you what is was or why it happened or what you need to do so it doesn't happen again???? Yikes, that is bloody scary. I'm sorry that happened to you. Worries me to think what might have happened with this 100 lbs ago!! All your hard work may have saved your life. I surely don't mean that in a morbid way... I'm just grateful that extra weight is off of you and won't cause you any weight related issues. Please let us know what you find out, well if anybody has an answer that is.
Take care my dear!
  #2039   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-15, 20:20
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi guys, now that you have more than 2000 posts again (which slows the forum down too much), it's time for one of you to start another thread.
I'll leave a link here to the new one.
  #2040   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 06:51
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Closed Thread