Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 09:12
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 255/255/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Lazy

yes, that's what i am.I get up at 5:00 , I drink coffee, take a shower, get my 18 month old and my DH ready, Leave the house by 6:15, drop the baby off, and are at work by 7:00 (parents home office), eat breakfast, start work 7:30, Take lunch 11:30 for 15 min., leave work 4:30-5:00, pick the baby up and home by 6:00, fix dinner, bath the baby, watch a lil T.V. and asleep by 8:30-9:00 (depends on Law & Order). Can someone please give me advice on some good physical activity that dosn't take long and is effective.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 09:50

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

What are you hoping to accomplish with the "physical activity"?

Marlaine
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 09:52

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2

I go to Curves 3x per week - the circuit only takes 1/2 an hour. Even if you extend your lunch hour and start walking, you'll see a difference and feel a difference in a short time.

Good luck - Vikki
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 10:21

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Why a 15 minute lunch? You deserve to take a good break, whether it's a brisk walk around the neighborhood, or getting outside for some fresh air.
Be good to yourself, Swtdrae!

Enjoy this day!
Annie-Pie
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 10:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

Yes, I agree with Annie. Take a walk at lunch for 15 min and eat for 15 min. You will feel so much better
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 10:22

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2

swtdrae

Just thinking too, what do you do, that's an awefully long day with only 15 minute break.

Vikki
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 10:44
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 255/255/140 Female 5'3"
BF:

I work in an office all day sitting on my BUTT.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 12:44

Plan: CALP (switched from Atkins)
Stats: 189/169/145 Female 63 inches
BF:Way/too/high
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtdrae
yes, that's what i am.I get up at 5:00 , I drink coffee, take a shower, get my 18 month old and my DH ready, Leave the house by 6:15, drop the baby off, and are at work by 7:00 (parents home office), eat breakfast, start work 7:30, Take lunch 11:30 for 15 min., leave work 4:30-5:00, pick the baby up and home by 6:00, fix dinner, bath the baby, watch a lil T.V. and asleep by 8:30-9:00 (depends on Law & Order). Can someone please give me advice on some good physical activity that dosn't take long and is effective.

you are not lazy, you're just very busy! I too work at home, and have a two year old and husband to take care of. So, here's advice from one busy working-in-a-home-office Mom to another: go buy yourself some exercise videos and commit to a minimum of 4 days a week. The Firm are great, but very difficult and not easy to do with the baby running around, because she'll try to grab your weights, jump on your stomach during ab work, and otherwise get in the way. On the other hand, Leslie Sansone walking videos are good too, and your toddler is just about at the age where she can join in. My two year LOVES to prance around while I walk saying 'Mommy Exercise!!! Baby Exercise!!!'

Is there anyway you can get your husband to cook dinner while you exercise? If not, there are plenty of meals you can make in the crockpot, rotisserie, or other time saving cooking device, and you can exercise while they cook.

If you don't like the idea of videos, put your daugher in the stroller and take a brisk walk before or after dinner, or take a longer lunch and walk before you eat.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 12:53
~version 2.0~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

I would say Walking is the best way to get some exercise in... you need to take some time for yourself...
I am sure your DH will understand helping out maybe 2-3 nights a week... and give you about 45 minutes to yourself...

You sound like WonderWoman... with all the walking you are gonna start doing... you are gonna give her a run for her money on looks as well..