Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-18, 15:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Happy Saturday Afternoon, everybody!

Wow so many new people! Hello and welcome!

Congrats to all of you in the "scale" department and sticking to your WOE!

Wishing you continued success on your journeys to better HEALTH!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Berni, I only pay 66 cents for a 4 oz can for Wal-mart brand tuna. I don't find much difference btwn that one and the fancy more expensive brands esp since I "doctor" it up with Duke's mayo, dill pickle relish and jalapeño relish!

As for jalapeño relish: I take my sliced jalapeño and process 'em in the food processor so it resembles pickle relish. OMG is it tasty in tuna salad! I won't eat tuna salad without jalapeño NOW thanks to YOU! I keep it in an old relish jar in the friggie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Imma currently checking things off my w/e "to-do" list: lesson plans written, laundry DONE!

All that really needs completed is cleaning house. I'll make quick work of that since it's just basically sweeping/mopping floors, dusting and vacuuming my bedrooms... takes me no time at all. But I tend to procrastinate about that! I got that love/hate relationship with cleaning house. Love a clean house, but hate to clean so of course, clean house wins hands down every time!

Dinner last night: tuna salad (Duke's mayo, dill relish & jalapeño relish) with my usual leafy green salad!

Imma on a tuna kick, so it will be the same today! That's usually why I don't post what I eat, SOSAD everyday! Not a complaint b/c I LOVE 💚 what I eat or I would change it up!

Anyhoo...
My life and soul changin' journey continues as I live the DREAM...

Last Day of School Countdown = 30 days!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sat, Apr-14-18 at 15:54. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-18, 10:08

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Sunday Morning!

OMG Paulette! That snow! More on its way! Guess you are hibernating for awhile!

Jo, I eat a lot of the same thing over & over. I do end up making some variety for the DH though.

Had fun with DGS yesterday, so much easier taking one at a time!

Today is a pretty chill out day...some household chores and will read my library book.

Enjoy your Sunday all
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-18, 11:57

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello Everyone!

No change in weight for me. I am a patient person, though.

The storm is still raging and we have a couple feet of snow already with about 14" more expected before this is all over.

Here is the latest view from outside my bathroom window:

The snow drifts are almost to the tops of the garages. Whiteout blizzard. The worst snow I have seen all winter. Never saw such a thing in the middle of April! Oh well. Mother Nature loves us all.

Food for today is chicken soup and yogurt. I loves me chicken soup. I would LOVE some tuna salad, but it is too expensive here. I envy all of you who can get it for less than 70¢ a can!!!!

You all have a great day!

P.S. I feel like I am living inside a deflated balloon. I have a lot of loose skin! It is a funny thing!
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-18, 12:01

BF:

Paulette, can tell me step by step for me on how you post your photos here? Thanks!

By the way, amazing photo today, wow what a blizzard!!
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-18, 13:08

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello 👋 all,

Paulette your snow ❄️ is here in Northern Illinois!
We started with freezing rain ice pellets sleet pellets and now snow all the way till Monday Evening!

Yepper I am on a Tuna kick got a bunch over lent when it was cheap. Really easy LC fast food don’t have to cook or anything and portioned out too! Doctor it up to my liking and yummy meal!

Okay out to shovel and salt driveway and walkways!
Have a spectacular Sunday and take care of yourself!
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-18, 15:47

Plan: Meat based
Stats: 136/120.2/114 Female 5 feet. 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hi Paulette!
Amazing photo! Looks like February....

I too would love to know how to upload photos on the forum!

My crockpot is filled with roast beef! Been slow cooking all day! Serving it with garden salad ! DH will have cooked carrots.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-18, 07:57

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Cool good morning everyone!

thank you all for the warm welcome!!
i am down 1.2 this morning
it is 36°, windy, and pouring this morning, but i can't complain because PAULETTE........OMG about your weather!!!!!!
DELANEY.......i am catching up on past posts; my dog does the same thing when he's hungry.....and if i am on the computer he does a tap dance behind me on the plastic mat until i turn around
FOREVER LC.......don't ya' just LOVE the crockpot?? i made spareribs yesterday and they were/are so tender & delicious
i hope y'all have a great day, and may the scale be kind to you
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-18, 08:38

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1

Food for today is chicken soup and yogurt. I loves me chicken soup. I would LOVE some tuna salad, but it is too expensive here. I envy all of you who can get it for less than 70¢ a can!!!!

Just following along. Paulette, I would like to know how you make your chicken soup.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-18, 08:56
Registered Member

Plan: LC, IF
Stats: 256/240/190 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

I couldn't be without tuna; I eat a lot of it. I don't worry about that mercury nonsense either. The danger of that doesn't even come close to the dangers of the SAD (standard American diet).

I eat a lot of tuna and not much beef or pork. We buy the Kirkland albacore at Costco. It is a little pricey but a tuna salad with grated cheese and mayo can be my main meal for 2 or even 3 days.

That makes for some delicious and not too expensive meals.
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-18, 09:55

BF:

Hello Everyone!
Once again, no flipping change in the weight dept. Maybe tomorrow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaCarolSue
Just following along. Paulette, I would like to know how you make your chicken soup.

I use 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed up into chunks, slice up about 3 stalks of celery, chop 1/2 an onion, and grab a few of my herbs (sage, rosemary, thyme - I eyeball the amounts). I also add a few shakes of dried parsely. Plop it all in a pot and fill with about 4 cups of chicken broth from the cans. I add a bit of salt to taste, and a touch of pepper, too. I heat it up and let it bubble for about 1/2 hr, then add a couple cups of broccoli florets. It can then simmer for another 15 min.
And that is all, Grasshopper. Mighty tasty soup.

And here is the trick to posting photos:

Go to TinyPic! After uploading your photo there, choose the "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and paste it into your message! Here is the tinyPic link: http://tinypic.com/

------------

CHRISSIE - congrats on your loss!!

Well, I have soup on the menu for today. Thinking of roasting some chicken for dinner tonight, too.

You all have a great day!
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-18, 12:33

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello all,

Stopped snowing here. We certainly didn’t get as much as Paulette but it was miserable!

Great chicken soup recipe Paulette!

Chrissie congrats on the loss.

Today is Doctor Appts and catch up from weekend!
Tuna salad and my leafy greens on the menu,
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-18, 14:01

BF:

Happy Monday,

Just got back from the gym, didn’t really feel like going, but I went & had a good workout yippee

Ok Paulette, where do I find IMG code? What size are your pictures? soup sounds delicious. Weather not so good where you are! We are complaining about the wind here.

Thinking of chicken and broccoli later today.

Nice to see more people posting today

Last edited by DelaneyLC : Mon, Apr-16-18 at 14:28.
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-18, 14:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan70
I couldn't be without tuna; I eat a lot of it. I don't worry about that mercury nonsense either. The danger of that doesn't even come close to the dangers of the SAD (standard American diet).

I eat a lot of tuna and not much beef or pork. We buy the Kirkland albacore at Costco. It is a little pricey but a tuna salad with grated cheese and mayo can be my main meal for 2 or even 3 days.

That makes for some delicious and not too expensive meals.

Hi

I agree about the tuna, much, much better than SAD. I like the Costco albacore too. I don’t think tuna is a big expense and it’s good. It’s not a heavy meal, but filling. I like mayo, celery, onion, olives and jalapeños mixed into my tuna.
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-18, 14:10

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieL
thank you all for the warm welcome!!
i am down 1.2 this morning
it is 36°, windy, and pouring this morning, but i can't complain because PAULETTE........OMG about your weather!!!!!!
DELANEY.......i am catching up on past posts; my dog does the same thing when he's hungry.....and if i am on the computer he does a tap dance behind me on the plastic mat until i turn around
FOREVER LC.......don't ya' just LOVE the crockpot?? i made spareribs yesterday and they were/are so tender & delicious
i hope y'all have a great day, and may the scale be kind to you

Hi Chrissie, congrats on your loss

My dogs are crazy and keep us laughing, both are love bugs 💚💛 they always get attention when we take them for walks.
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-18, 19:15

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Ok Paulette, where do I find IMG code? What size are your pictures?

After you upload your photo to TinyPic, it shows the text options to copy and paste. My photos are saved as original size.