Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-15, 10:42

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%
Default Great video on CFS/fibro treatment

The presenter is Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum, who has developed an effective protocol to treat this baffling illness. Mr WereBear has had CFS for years, and while we did not really discover Dr. Teitelbaum until yesterday, we are pleased that some of what he recommends is what we have discovered for ourselves.

Effective Treatment of Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia

Here's his website where he outlines the SHINE protocol:

SHINE treatment

I'm very impressed and wanted to get the word out. We'll be trying certain things and reporting back.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-15, 11:25

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Mr WereBear has had CFS for almost twenty years. Fifteen of these years have been spent with me. He had reached a maintenance level which allowed him some limited activities, but when UNUM, his disability insurance company (may they roast in the heat of a thousand suns) forced him to take extra college classes or they would cut off his income, he crashed. Badly.

A few pharmaceutical & supplement strategies had helped with his brain fog and chronic pain issues, but nothing touched the essential illness until we embarked on the Vanderbilt Protocol about eight years ago, since he wasn't bouncing back and was at a very low level of function. This treatment lasted five years. This intensive antibiotic therapy was a real turning point, and shows promise for other auto-immune disorders, too.

Just as that was winding down, I found out about the MTFHR genetic mutation (right here! Thank you all!) and while I tested negative just as a control, he was positive for the variation -- as are a great many auto-immune sufferers. (I know one other person in the area who has CFS... and they tested positive, too.) So he started taking methylated B vitamins and felt more improvement.

The next big step was getting a Schumann Resonance Generator which added two hours of sleep a night for both of us.

This is all notable because Dr. Teitelbaum did not mention any of these elements in his video presentation. So why did we get so excited by it?
  • His theory of the disease is most intriguing. It covers the causes and symptoms better than anything we have yet encountered.
  • His list of supplements are ones we've found useful.
  • His treatment protocol emphasizes fresh whole foods, low carb choices, and avoiding caffeine; all things we have implemented with success.
  • He's a board certified internist recognizing the illness and writing papers about what has worked.
  • He's developed a support system of supplements and doctor training that is motivated by healing, not making money.
  • His website has many tools to help people find help.

He also went into detail about a supplement we had not heard of before in connection with CFS; D-ribose. We're both about three days into trying that one.

Last edited by WereBear : Sun, Mar-08-15 at 12:29.