Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-01, 20:53

Plan: Dr Atkins/PP
Stats: 180/170/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Exclamation Greetings from Kerrisdale

Hi: This is Sarlye

I found this site from Low Carb Friends. I am so glad to find this Canadian site.

My husband and I have started the Atkins diet since June 11, 2001. So far, we have both cheated.

We are going to do better since we do feel better and not as bloated. We are getting more discipline.

The problem we have is getting use to the menu. It sure takes some getting use to when you have been brain washed to eat low fat and carbs most of your life.

Looking forward to getting support for each other!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-01, 21:29
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Sarlye,

Welcome aboard, glad you found us There are lots of us Vancouverites here, currently organizing a dinner for next week.

Remeber this, we're not eating high fat, it's "them" who eat low-fat and miss out on all the essential fatty acids and omega-3. We're just going back to normal!

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-01, 22:04

Plan: Dr Atkins/PP
Stats: 180/170/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Thanks for the Welcome

I would be interested in meeting up for coffee and chat, etc. I have Mondays and weekends off so my time is pretty flexible. Please feel free to email me.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-01, 22:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/176/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Welcome!

This group of people is fabulous for providing support! I hope you and your husband stick around and share youe experiences with us all.

It may seem odd at first, programming our minds to accept foods that have been on the forbidden list for years but once you get there...well this is just the best WOL imaginable!

Stock up your fridge and check out some of the great recipes posted on the links at this site. The rest will all come with time.

Stina
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-01, 00:40
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the board Sarlye!

It's always good to see more Vancouverites here. Keep you eye on the Local Low Carbers section. That's where we post upcoming events.

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-01, 05:47

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Sarlye-
Welcome aboard!!! Just wanted to say hello and let you know that everyone here provides so much support to each other... it's wonderful! Glad you and your hubby are doing this together. It is a wonderful base of support when someone so close to you is going through the same thing!