Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Karen's Corner
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 13:54
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 197/193/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Cheese cake

Hope someone can help me. I was reading over the post and was wondering if I can have the recipe for cheese cake. Also is there anywhere I can get Splenda besides ordering it online or from the Atkins magazine. Help me please.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 13:57

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Peach, this is my favourite cheesecake recipe - NY Cheesecake with Brazil Nut Crust. I made one just yesterday - absolute bliss.

Splenda can usually be found in any grocery store in Canada and the U.S. check the ailse where sugar and spices are kept - or if they have a diabetic/sugar free section as some stores do now.

HTH
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 14:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/272/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 28%

Golden, I'm from NC, too. I have found it at Wallmart in the Grocery area and I've seen it at BiLo as well. I don't get out much since I don't drive, but was happy to see it where I was.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 16:10
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 197/193/150
BF:

here is my question. about how much carb is in an average slice of the cheese cake. i just dont want to over do it. It is nice to know there is some more NC low carb eatter. Way to go.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 12:05
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

The nutrition count is at the bottom of the recipe Nat indicated.

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 09:58

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 130/130/118 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress:

I just printed out the cheesecake recipe and I may be naive, having just started all this on Monday...but 8790 for the whole pie means 732 calories a PIECE! Is that supposed to be good? Do calories not count in the low carb scheme of things?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 10:33

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

As a general rule, calories do not count in low-carb eating. The advantage of eating calorie dense foods is that they are very filling and keep hunger away. Without the insulin surge that carbs generate, low-carbers feel full a lot longer and the total calories eaten stay low, even if a recipe may be high calorie.

If you keep eating after you are full, then the calories can be a problem.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-06, 14:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/169/140 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Default Cheesecake

Hello,

I am Marla and I have always gone by a recipe from TV that is excellent!!!
So here it is.

http://fittv.discovery.com/fansites...cheesecake.html

The main cheesecake part of it is what I use and I usually put nothing as a crust or use crushed walnuts as one but I'm sure this crust is great too. I hope you enjoy it. It is very light and fluffy. I watched Blaines Low Carb Kitchen on television and found this so if you are interested, look up Blaines Low Carb Kitchen and you can get some different kinds of cheesecakes also with several nice recipes that he has.

About the Splenda, I get mine at Sam's wholesale or maybe Costco. It is cheaper and in bigger quantities.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Kristine : Sat, Jan-21-06 at 14:52. Reason: Please do not copy recipes without permission - post a link instead.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-06-06, 10:13

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224.5/155/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

#10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-06-06, 14:45
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
I just printed out the cheesecake recipe and I may be naive, having just started all this on Monday...but 8790 for the whole pie means 732 calories a PIECE! Is that supposed to be good? Do calories not count in the low carb scheme of things?

In South Beach calories do count a little more since it is a moderate carb diet, not as low as atkins. Before you jump into the plan, read the South Beach book. You'll be doing yourself a huge favour and be more likely to have success with the plan