Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 19:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 262/238/160 Female 5"10
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Carb Countdown Milk in Canada?

Has anyone ran accross the new Carb Countdown Milk in Canada? Or even for purchase online? I am so envious of all the great products that are on the shelves in the US, compaired to what we get here.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 18:07

Stats: 198/184/175 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress: 61%

your screwed...sorry to be so blunt, but the manufacter of CC milk (HOOD) sent me an e-mail stating that they only distribute to the states....those ass clowns, i was excited that they have choc. as one of the flavors. any other info ..please let me know.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 07:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/275/150 Female 67inches
BF:
Progress:

im in calgary canada and i get so mad and discouraged that we dont get anything good lc here. id love some 1 carb heinz ketchup(i got an email back from them stating it is usa only for now)id love some lc tortilla or the choc milk. it is so frusterating to hear about all these lc product thye have in the usa. i did get a friend form the usa to get me some atkins steak sauce and shes looking for the ketchup(hope she gets it) and shell send them to me asap and i cant wait! i am sure there are alot of lowcarbers from canada and wish the companies would realize that and ship here. i dont even mind paying a bit extra to get these things. i also want the russell stover chocs(im very good at controlling myself and would be able to limit myself to 1 piece) also its cool to see fellow albertans here
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 11:06

Stats: 140/125/125 Female 5 2
BF:33/25/20
Progress: 100%

www.lowcarbfooddepot.com now has Whey Improved Milk and Chocolate Milk. I have not tried it yet. Look under "milk".
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 05:07

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Yeah, it sure is a bummer. It's getting a bit better, but we sure have a long way to go to catch up

Yesterday I went across the border with 2 other forum members and we went CRAZY!!! "Those crazy Canadians" were yelling out to each other, "OMG, come see this!!!". We couldn't find the Heinz LC ketchup (looked at 5-6 different stores) but we did find the Hood milk (white and choc.), loads more atkins products, LC tortillas, Carb Options (excellent BBQ sauce--can't even tell it's LC), da vinci syrups, LC chocolate galore....list goes on and on! If you do get a chance to go down there, do it!!

Nicole
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 08:58
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 199/166/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 67%

Morning, What stores did you go to down in the States? Were you in Bellingham or further south?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 14:59

Plan:
Stats: 147/130/124
BF:
Progress:

I wouldn't be too upset....this stuff is VILE...I bought it in NY state and it tastes NOTHING like milk...and the chocolate is just as bad-the chocolate has a real plastic taste-like the old glass bottles of Carb Solutions shakes that were discontinued.

If it is just for cereal why not use unsweetened soy milk?It makes great lattes too.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 01:22

BF:

I got the Countdown milk at the Safeway, just over the Aldergrove crossing (264th--just a straight line down from the crossing) as well as Carb Options BBQ sauce (wow, it's soooo good!). They have lots more Options items--salad dressings, etc., but I just got the BBQ. Ice creams, too. I tried the Hood milk today over Atkins cereal and the milk was pretty good! I thought it was fine, but then I didn't drink a glass of it, I had it over cereal. Keep going down the same road (waaay down) and you'll come to a Walmart on the left and that's where we got LOADS of LC candy/chocolate and supplements and the Diet Rite was on 2 cases of 12 for $5.00 US.

Over the truck crossing there's a Cost Cutters that has some stuff as well as a health food store tucked in the corner between CC and Rite Aid. They have a lot of LC selections, but a bit pricey compared to the grocery stores.

Nicole
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 16:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by melsybop
If it is just for cereal why not use unsweetened soy milk?It makes great lattes too.

Hate soy. Almond milk too carb-high. Ditto on Oat Milk, Rice Milk, etc.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 10:29
Registered Member

Stats: 181/150/125 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 55%

I got a respond from Atkins some time ago about why they don't sell a lot of their products here in Canada, it had to do with having to put both the English and French language on the packaging. Its mandatory here. That may be the reason why other companies don;t sell here also
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 11:22

BF:

I see all the time, tho, where they put a sticker on the packaging with the French on it. Lame-o excuse, IMO.

Come on--give us the goods
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 09:10

Stats: 201/170/163 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress:

I have ordered low carb food on-line from Los Angeles and New York. With the favourable exchange rate, they are very competitive with the 'lowcarbdepot.com' in Toronto. I purchase from 'lowcarbsonline.com' and if you order over $50 freight is free. I learned that shipping by US post avoids any broker or duty cost. It takes about 2 weeks to arrive. Prices at 'netrition.com' are excellent, but feight costs are very high. I placed one $200 order with them to get an additional 5% discount, but for smaller orders I am now buying from 'lowcarbsonline'. One reason for the lack of choice in Canada is the bilingual labels. The Toronto online store has been trying to get Keto products for a year. I mostly order hot and cold cereal, bread, muffin and brownie mixes spaghetti,etc. My purpose in ordering low carb foods is to give more variety to meals, rather than just eating salad. It is a shame that the prices are high, but as competition increase, I bet the cost will lower.
Has anyone else been ordering on-line?
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 11:51
Memere to 4

Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

I live in a smaller venue...population 100,000. It is even scarier here. We get excited about a trip to Van. where we can shop for lc products. Price isn't the big issue....
Availability is. We hardly get anything here.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 19:12
Registered Member

Stats: 238/190/155 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 58%

You might try starting an email campaign to parmelat. They have the equipment that can do the job. I notice that they are retailing specialty milks in Canada. It is not hard to do the low carb milk with the equipment they are running.
Colin
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-09, 13:25

Plan: personal
Stats: 200/192/160 Male 5"8
BF:
Progress:

hi, nooby here i just joined. i'm a truck driver who goes all over canada and the u.s, and frequently do my grocery shopping at the u.s wal marts who used to carry the hood calorie countdown. i say 'used to' because this last few months i don't see it in their coolers anymore, mainly the gv stuff. i loved the hood soy and miss it very much, i'll keep researching to find where to get it. i got the sugar-free russell stover pecan delights w/me now (i'm in wisconsin). i take'm home for my parents. but yes i noticed a lot of great stuff on the u.s shelves that's absent from cda wm and sobey's. must be politics. ttfn