Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Karen's Corner
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 07:15

Plan: LC combo
Stats: 223/211/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Karen's New York Cheesecake

Hi, Karen! I made your cheesecake last week for an annual faculty party and it was GONE before the first round ended (they have two parties for day time and evening faculty and staff). I tried to find a couple of people who had a piece to find out their reaction but it just goes to show people WANT alternatives to sugar. I had one piece of it and chowed down. Boy was it good. I have a ton of cream cheese in the frig to make another one this week.

I have an appointment this morning at the allergist and I'm taking your cookbook with me. It's been really tough to get in to see him with my schedule (and the extra cost of the sitter). But I wanted him to know how I've been able to get back on track, more or less, along with a great deal of prayer, journaling and support form my husband and close friends. The food is the key - good, tasty food will keep me happy. I've just resolved that my life will always revolve around food and that won't change. But how I handle the food has changed. It forces me to shop at a couple of different stores since I don't like the meat and seafood selection at one place. We're buying a small freezer in May (after the annual spring cleaning trash pick-up when we can get rid of boxes and junk in the basement) to stock meat and seafood mostly when we buy in bulk or bags of veges on sale. It will help a great deal since I eat A LOT and still lose weight.

ANYWAY, I digress...the cheesecake was a great success and I will try something else for the upcoming field school road trip so I can have legal snacks. My next digression on this cheesecake is to make it, cut into chunks, dip the chunks into chocolate (actually, the peanut butter cup recipe) and then freeze them. YUM!!! Cheers!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 21:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/172/175 Male 70 inches
BF:30%/19%/17%
Progress: 105%

Frozen, chocolate covered cheesecake.

Damn, I would marry a girl like you.

Bruc
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-05, 01:26
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I made your cheesecake last week for an annual faculty party and it was GONE before the first round ended (they have two parties for day time and evening faculty and staff).
Dontcha just love when that happens?

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 14:55

Plan: LC combo
Stats: 223/211/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:
Progress: 16%

Okay, I combined a couple of recipes. The cheesecake came out great so instead of cutting it into little chunks, I just put some sliced strawberries on the edge (for my not-so-low-carb friends) and drenched it in Fran's PB cup recipe chocolate. I didn't put in the PB because of the strawberries. Then I popped it in the freezer for about five minutes...okay that's as long as I could stand it! It came out great!!!! It has a current home in the frig - DH will not touch it unless I slice it. I bought some hazelnut cinnamon decaf for Sci Fi night. After our daughter goes to bed, we'll have some cheesecake and coffee. Cheers!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 14:59

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

Sounds yummy! I wish I had some one to make that kind of stuff at my house! Where do you live? Please tell me its close to MN!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 19:29
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I wish I had some one to make that kind of stuff at my house!
Why don't you make it?

Karen
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-05, 10:48

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 198.5/183/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 23%

making cheesecake can be a bit intimidating when you never have made it before. i made bawdy's and it was the first i ever made and it didn't turn out too well for me. then i made yours karen, and it came out most excellently. so much so, i can't keep it in the house for obvious reasons i am going to make it again for the fourth of july though. excellent recipe.