Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 16:21

Plan: Schwartzbien
Stats: 208/208/160
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Newbie

I am a convert from the Cad plan. I tried using that, but there was this nagging... "why can I go two meals without carbs?" What is that doing to me?

When I picked up the transition... I knew this was for me.

Both the CAD plan and atkins are somewhat short on science. They lay out principles and never seem to see that there are other effects. Leaving the reader to think.. um.. well what happens when?

But this is the BEST researched book, and is very short on cheerleading. And if there is one lesson we all should have learned from our many years of dieting.. *maybe mother nature really does know what is best* and we should start being balanced.

I really have one question though... does this work.. really? And do you have to become a "carb detective" to lose weight. Have one diet drink and don't lose for a week. Have one piece of candy and hit a plateau ? You know.. how I felt on all the low fat programs.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 18:24
amieK

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Smile Welcome newbie!

Hi AnnRue!

Yes SP is a balanced program. But I wouldn't dis Atkins or CAD, a lot of people have had amazing success doing those programs.

But when I tried Atkins, I found I got monster carb cravings after a few days. Knowing I can have some "good carbs" like a little brown rice or some yam helps keep me from turning into a raving carb-craved psycho.

I admire PoofieD and her sister Tigersue for their success with SP. But it does often tend to be a slower process than the other programs, if weight loss is your primary goal. Most doing SP are more concerned with healing our messed up metabolisms first. The idea is that then weight loss will be healthy and natural.

When I follow the program, it works really well for me. But alas, I have been short on committment these past couple of months. And like any program, it doesn't work if you don't follow it. When I'm on track, I haven't found I need to be a "carb detective", just need to eat natural food, staying away from processed foods and artificial sweeteners. And make sure to get enough protein. I do feel so much more balanced and steady when I am on program as opposed to my lapses.

Well, welcome aboard the good ship Schwarzbein . I wish you all the best!
amieK