Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-12-02, 15:51

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 213.5/170.5/170 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%
Default Search by Location?

Is there a way to search the member list by location? I'd love to find a buddy (or 2 or 3...) in my area.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-12-02, 17:09
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Talking Searchin' for Texans?

Just go to the search option, it is at the top of the page, and put in Texas as your keyword, and push search... I done one using Texas, and came up with 7 ppl from Texas..., and if you search individual posts instead of titles, you may find even more than that! Good luck in finding a buddy near you!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-12-02, 18:09

BF:

Thanks, Suze!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 08:45

Plan: Protein Power/BFL
Stats: 174/146/135
BF:32.7%/25%/22%

Hi phop,
I came across your message and it turns out we are both in Austin. Well, I live in Round Rock, but work in Austin so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Robin, I'm 24, married and have three kids (a 6 year old son and 4 month old twin girls). I work for the state as a Computer Programmer. Anyways, it's nice to meet you and I'd love to hear back from you!
Robin
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 10:38

BF:

Wow, Robin, you must be busy with those 4-month-old twins! I'm 39 (eek!), single, and am an attorney with a small Austin firm. You are doing a terrific job losing that baby weight! Good luck on reaching your goal.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 15:31

Plan: Protein Power/BFL
Stats: 174/146/135
BF:32.7%/25%/22%

It's nice to meet you Pam. Thanks for replying. I bet being an attorney is exciting. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of law do you practice? Also, just wanted to ask if you know of any stores around here that carry the low carb foods (i.e. keto foods, atkins, etc.)? I want some, but don't want to wait for them to get shipped if I don't have to...Well, have a great day and best of luck to you also in your weight loss journey!

P.S. Have you come across anymore low carbers on this forum from Austin yet?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 15:50

BF:

Good to meet you too, Robin!

It just so happens that I went on a quest in search of Atkins products last weekend. Sun Harvest off of W. Anderson has the greatest selection (although, not at the cheapest prices) of Atkins products I have found in Austin so far. They also carry quite a bit of stuff at the Fiesta on I-35 at 38 1/2 (cheaper than Sun Harvest), but some of the products (other than the low carb bars)looked as if they had been sitting around for a while. I looked at some Basic 3 supplements there and noticed they had been out of date for a year. I'm trying to find a store with low-carb pasta, etc., and haven't found anything yet. I'm not familiar with keto foods--is that a brand?

I'm a civil litigator. It looks like more fun on tv (as is true of most everything, I suppose!).

Haven't run across any more Austinites, but I'll let you know if I do!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 15:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159.5/151.0/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hello - just thought I would let you know that if you have Big Lots (use to be PicnSav) in Texas they have the low carb pasta - here in CA it's 99 cents per pkg.

I am new to this LC, but I wanted to let you in on something that I have just recently discovered (learning the hard way!) those Atkins bars are no-nos - the pkg says low carbs, but really they are almost 23 carbs per bar! Also, beware of sugarless candy... that too I have discovered the hard way... been eating them to hold off my sugar cravings... and they have 15 carbs for 4 little hard candies! I was popping them in all day long!

I think I am getting on the right track now... hope so... just thought I would share.

(Use to live in the Baytown area of Texas... originally from Atlanta Georgia.... don't know how I ended up out here in California ) Nice to meet you, KarenS
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-02, 11:57

BF:

Hi, Karen. Thanks for the tips. I think there are a few Atkins bars that have 2-3 grams. But yes, some of the Atkins "low" carb bars are quite high indeed! I've heard the Myoplex are low carb and tasty, and am planning to try those.

No Big Lots in Austin....the search continues.....