Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-09, 18:36

Plan: Anything Low Carb
Stats: 145/123/110 Female 5'3.5"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Question Work + Food= Mess up

Hi im new here to this forum and I have been on a number of low carb diets, (Atkins, South Beach) but always seem to lose my way with it. I just want to ask any other teen with jobs, is it hard for anyone to keep from eating junk at work? When I was in High School last year during my senior year, I did a good job at eating right and not over doing it at lunch time but now that I am not in that school environment anymore I eat a lot more. It sucks really. Now its like if I mess up I start to go on a all day binge. Then I think "well I'll just wait for tomorrow to start over again" and that never happens.

That and I cant eat too little as I used to because I need all the energy I can get for my job, its pretty physical and requires more energy than just sitting on my butt in a classroom like I used to last year. Also at work we get free lunch as one of the benefits and there is also sugary and carby goodies (scones, croissants, beagles, danishes, biscuits) at lunch that are available at all times. They are so hard to pass up.

Anyways I just need more motivation I guess but I just wanted to ask some of the other teens/young adults here that is it easy for you to eat and stay LC and eat healthy while working?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-08-09, 18:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/266/185 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 34%

Do you have a breakroom? At my last job, we had lockers and there was also a fridge and microwave in there. I could take any type of lunch and/or snacks I needed and keep them there and just spend my breaks and lunches. It takes some discipline but that was the only way I could stay on track.
If you don't have a breakroom where you can keep food, then you'll just have to find something close to your job that is reliable that you can continuously go to eat. Food at your job that you can get or another resturant close by...
I hope this helps you! I know I didn't really tell you much!