Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 14:28

Plan: Simply keto
Stats: 178/178/150 Female 5’4”
BF:
Progress:
Smile How long does it take to lose weight?

I’m Female, 5’4”, 178 lbs. across carbs 20g, protein 82g, fat 140, calories 1,600. On for two weeks and haven’t lost anything. I wasn’t a carb junkie before but I did eat carbs.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 15:33

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Hi Floridaf,

Welcome to the forum! There's lots of great info and advice here, and friendly folks.

The short answer to your question is: every person is different. How long it takes to lose x number of pounds varies from person to person.

I recommend you start a food journal, if you haven't already done so. It might be that you're eating hidden carbs and don't know it.
It could also be that you're eyeballing quantities and that your judgment as to how much you're eating is not accurate. Also, it's about more than just macros; food quality is important.

It will be hard to pinpoint the problem without more information.

How do you feel? Did you take your measurements before you started? How do your clothes fit now, after doing keto for 2 weeks?

Remember that weight loss is not linear, there will be ups and downs, and that the scale can lie. There are other markers for progress.

Check out the "best of" threads here on the forum. Take some time to look around. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 15:42
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 210/191/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:38/37.2/??
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaf
I’m Female, 5’4”, 178 lbs. across carbs 20g, protein 82g, fat 140, calories 1,600. On for two weeks and haven’t lost anything. I wasn’t a carb junkie before but I did eat carbs.

I know low carb isn't supposed to be about the calories, but perhaps you could decrease the number of calories you are eating, at least on some days. If you cycled between a lower-calorie day or days, then a 1600 day, you might see some pounds drop. Also, intermittent fasting has helped me. I try to eat in an eight-hour or shorter window most days.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 16:25

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

My knowledge is from Atkins.

Folks that have little BW to loose, do not have a huge weight loss in 2 weeks.

having said that, Atkin addresses when a rare person doesnt drop at all. He goes thru a checklist to verify possible mistakes in eating.
Then he talks about the few that benefit from a fat fast. Just a day or two to see if the scale will budge.

Otherwise, becoming adapted can sometimes take longer than 2 weeks to stoke the fires of fat burning. But this usually applies to not feeling great thru the process, rather than no weight loss at all.

While this is only an estimate, it might give you some ideas on what to change.

https://www.healthline.com/nutritio...=lowestByBidder

A quick calc, lists 1400 calories to drop one pound a week.

I guessed on activity level just to get to a reasonable number....so you might get a different number. Just remember we are not machines, and your m ilage may vary.

Hopefully you are feeling better, more clear minded, and liking the foods.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 18:03

Plan: no specific plan
Stats: 177/141/147 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 120%

Hi there,

Your starting point almost exactly matches my starting point (177 lbs at 5'5"). I started on Valentine's Day with no sugar, no grains, no potatoes, no rice. I limited my snacks (took 10 almonds to work for my snacks). I ate eggs, bacon, salad, cheese, meat, chicken and fish. I probably ate some things that were more carby than I knew (beans, etc), because I was just keeping it simple. I also drank lots of water (still do). I also do not eat after 7:00 in the evening. Otherwise, I eat when hungry and stop when satiated. I lost 5 lbs in the first two weeks. That was my highest rate of loss; for weeks after that I averaged 1.5 lbs a week and most recently the rate is about half a pound a week.

I'd look at what you are eating and make sure it is actually low carb...I look for 5 grams or fewer carbs for a serving as a guide.

Good luck in your journey.

Edited to correct my height.

Last edited by BeachDonna : Mon, Aug-06-18 at 09:55.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-18, 18:43

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

For the first 2-3 weeks (I stayed on 20g induction for a couple months at least), I also didn't lose much weight. I did lose an inch though, then later, the weight came off. Especially after week 4, when I discovered Dr. Jason Fung and intermittent fasting - aka time-restricted eating. One meal a day. Two meals a day. NOT snacking - I know Atkins allows many meals and snacks - but when I read up on elevated insulin, I cut meals and snacks.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-18, 07:36

Plan: Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 156/120/125 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 116%

I’m female, 5’4” and started at 156 lbs.
I did a strict Atkins induction for 3 months and lost steadily. Dropped 35 lbs, and continued with the induction-like eating, pretty much for the next few years till now!

My best advice would also be to check your carbs carefully. My biggest challange was the fact that by the time I counted my heavy creams (cartons here in Canada list one gr. for each tbls.), Splenda packets, cheese cubes (1 oz. is very small, I was always eating more than I thought) and other things that you don’t usually think of as carby, they would often add up to almost half (or more) of my daily allowance of 20gr.