Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-01, 07:04

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/233/???
BF:
Progress:

I keep forgetting to send this out.

When we were at Costco 2 weeks ago, Ray found this mix of fruit in the freezer section. It is Blueberries, Raspberries & Blackberries, nuttin' else. Quite tastey, we add some to strawberries and surprise surprise, a dash of the Dr. Atkins Raspberry syrup, and of course sweetener of choice. (Wonder how you could make a cobbler out of this?)

That Raspberry syrup really surprised us. I thought we would be disappointed again and that it would be a waste of money. It's really not too bad, expensive, $10. for the bottle and you can't overdo it. Really picks things up if your strawberries aren't as ripe as they should be. Almost tastes like a liqueur.

Both our Costco's no longer carry the lime chicken wings
Damn, those things were good. (Hey, cool. I put the colon parenthasis thingey in and it turned into the blue unsmiley!)

We will be going to Borowski's after work today for our fix of chocolate bars. She is supposed to be getting in the new flavours, choc rasp & choc orange, I think. Borowski's is also carrying more Atkins products too. Maybe when we go today, I'll ask her if they could pass our email address on. Obviously somebody besides our little group in Winnipeg is doing low-carb!

Robin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-01, 01:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Talking hey GREAT idea

Robin, why not ask at Borowski's if they'll post THIS webpage address so those other mystery LCers can come here and say HI?

PS: have you added Borowski's to the Retailers database yet? Think I'll go look.

sig: Judith, former Pegger
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-01, 06:55

BF:
Progress:

I know it's hard to believe in this Internet community, but the girls at Borowski's don't have a computer, nor do they have a web site. Every time we talk to Debbie, we kid her about not having a computer.

Dammit, I was just in there yesterday and forgot to ask her about posting some kind of address for us. Meeka (the yorkie and queen of the household) was in the car and I was in a hurry. I was picking up our "stash" of chocolate bars, including the new Chocolate Raspberry & Chocolate Orange. Pretty tastey stuff....

Hopefully, our group here in Winnipeg will get together next week and maybe, just maybe we'll bring a sample.

Debbie is doing low carb. I asked her how she felt. She said that she is able to control her Diabetes and she feels her eyesight is getting better. Positive stuff!

Robin
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-01, 19:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Smile Eyesight?

Gee, I wish low-carb would fix MY eyesight. . . I've been wearing glasses since I was 13, can't deal with contact lenses. On the other hand, I certainly don't envy Debbie her diabetes. I'm glad low-carb is helping her. My family is very prone to diabetes (parents on both sides, grandparent on one side that I know of, plus my sister - yikes!) and I am determined, insofar as possible, to stave it off.

For some reason the topic of eyesight reminds me....has anybody noticed that low-carb seems to do wonders for your TEETH? It seems to me that my gums are much healthier, my teeth seem cleaner, and I don't get 'fuzzy stuff' on my tongue since I started Atkins in October. Another benefit of low-carb!

Rachel
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-01, 07:23

BF:
Progress:

I know what you mean about the glasses thing. I have been wearing glasses since I was 11. I even put them on to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night!

Sugar problems run in our family. My mom is on glyberide (sp?) and my dad has to watch his sugar too. Ray's dad lost his eyesight to diabetes and he had to take insulin injections. Ray's sugar always used to be high before we started this diet, now I think it's normal. I asked him last night but the doctor doesn't check it every visit. Ray sees him once a month for his blood pressure.

You know you're right, I don't get the fuzzy tongue like I used to. Still get killer breath from the cheese though!

Another side benefit from low carbing is...wait for it...less stuff for the recycling bin! Our composter is filling up rapidly from all the strawberry tops, coffee grounds and veggie peels.

We have a small bucket with a filter from Lee Valley and it gets emptied at least once a week. We buy our meat in bulk so there usually are no trays, the egg cartons go to my sister in the country for the "egg man", and since we don't use cereal or stuff like Kraft Dinner, there is very little cardboard! We usually have only 1/2 of a green garbage bag each week. Who said this diet was a bad thing?

Robin