Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-22-17, 23:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/211/160 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Anyone feel disdain for obese people who eat high carb?

I don't really believe in looking down on people or judging people. For instance I don't think we should spend any time looking down at people who smoke or do other unhealthy habits. But like smoking and other things that are just bad for your body there is a certain part of me that feels some disdain for obese people who know about ketogenic diets and disregard them and just eat as if carbs aren't negatively effecting their body.

I've introduced my sister and mom to the ketogenic diet and they did it for a few weeks or so and my mom got off her blood pressure pills my sister lost like 10 pounds or so. But eventually they just went back to eating completely terrible again, and it kind of sickens me that they are doing this to their body. They just have no regard for their health. It's one thing to have a health problem you can't do anything about its another when you know what to do about it and don't do it.

I have to constantly turn down offers from them to go to dairy queen or other places that would ruin my way of eating. They just don't get this is my new life and its not changing for anybody. And I can't stand the fact that they don't care enough about their body to follow it as well. My mom is back on her blood pressure pills and eating without a care, my sister is back to her original weight and was recently told by a doctor she has the back of a 50 year old and shes only 32. Diabetes, high blood pressure, is just inevitable for her, its amazing she doesn't have it yet. And I can't even say I feel sorry for them anymore.

These are grown adults that just refuse to grow up when it comes to food. If your body can tolerate carbs them I'm all for it but if you can't tolerate carbs why are you eating fast food every day? It just makes no sense to me. Theres still so many obese people out there who say things like, its my genetics, or I've always been big, these things may be true but you can do something about it. So do it. Now if a person is obese and just doesn't know what to do to lose weight thats different, but to know what to do and ignore it and let your health deteriorate is madness to me. My sister keeps telling me she is doing the best she can. I definitely don't believe that. But all I can do is just watch the disaster unfold.
Sponsored Links