Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-15-16, 08:36
Boldly going...

Plan: keto
Stats: 410/298.6/225 Male 74 inches
BF:40/35%/17%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Levac
Anyways, like previous posters said, cooking destroys nutrients, and that's the safe bet I go with.

This is the information I was looking for. And, I'm assuming (correct me if I'm wrong), that this becomes more crucial when you are eating ZC and you depend upon 100% of your nutrients to come from meat; hence why you responded as you did to the original comment about eating raw meat.

From a practical standpoint, I understand what Amber was saying when she answered "no." Perhaps her answer wasn't strictly scientifically correct, and maybe the correct answer is "maybe," but from the standpoint of a novice reading her blog--a novice who might be considering ZC for the first time--a "yes" or "maybe" answer may have caused them to stop reading and considering there. I will admit, that if back in 2003, before I ever tried LC the first time, someone had told me that IF was a necessity, I would have run away screaming assuming they were crazy. But--I think that IF is a good compliment to LCHF, and may help my body in it's necessary processes, and I have "discovered" it and worked into it on my own time, doing my own ancillary research once I had the "basics" of LC downpat.

Summarizing it this way: Extreme positions, while perhaps technically "correct," will have a way of frightening the less extreme members of any community.

Now that I am following both ZIOH and Principia Carnviora on FB (though not really an active participant), and I have read their FAQs, have read the posts of those who are long-termers and short-termers, I am more in tune with the more difficult messages they have to say. I am eating my meat "more rare" than I did before. My mind is not necessarily forcing myself to eat a vegetable; I'm feeling it's okay to eat just meat on occasion. Reading what you say about eating a bite raw, then the rest of the meat as rare does begin to seem more palatable (both figuratively and literally).