Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 07:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 77/73/65
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hey BJ :-)

I asked for a buddy originally in the Bootcamp section where you start your journal but got one of the Mod's to change the title and move it to the appropriate section when I had found a few.

I posted here for a buddy too (obviously) as I thought it would also be good to have people close by to be able to buddy up and help each other.

My biggest thing at the moment is forgetting the water and not doing some form of excercise every day (yes I know that some will say 4-5 times a week is enough but when you work from home, sit on your ass 10 hrs a day at the computer and have available to you all sorts of food and drink leading up to Christmas, then this girl needs to be getting energetic every single day.)

BJ I notice your profile says you have been on Atkins since 93? Are you new to the forums or back on Atkins or both
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 01:33
Registered Member

Stats: 172/95/95
BF:32%/19%/19%
Progress: 100%

Hi Bridget,

That's my thing too, not enough water and not enough exercise...well, more like no exercise ...funny thing is I love exercise!!!...just been feeling so constantly yuk recently that I've never had the energy...

I should explain that a bit, since as you said, I've got "1993" as my start date!...I did Atkins in '93 for around 6 years and lost about 35 kilos, but then slowly, due to my lifestyle back then (I was a singer/ dj amongst other things) discovered that life on the go as it had become for me, as long as I kept myself pumped full of caffeine and cigs meant I didn't eat much at all, and I became so active that stopped eating right but still didn't gain...occasionally I would try to get back on track but there were always excuses (and of course my idiot mind kept saying "oh well you haven't gained, don't worry about it!!" ) More and more though my health began to suffer, and by the time I moved up here in August, I was a mess! Could barely drag myself out of bed and was miserable. So I realised I had to start eating right for me again...hehehe, to bad it's taken me 4 months to really get committed to it!!

Anyway, since I'd lost all my weight and been on again/ off again for the last 6 years I wasn't sure what "start date" I should put down, since it didn't make sense to me saying start date was 18/12/2002... hmmm...now I'm confused

What kind of work do you do (hehe, oops, maybe I should mind my own business -what a curious little George I am !!

Take care,

BJ
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 01:52
Registered Member

BF:

Hi BJ. Thanks for explaining cause I was getting a bit confused about your start date and current weight

I work from home on my own Karaoke business and also do a bit of eBay selling part time. Ever since I started doing that 2 years ago, the weight has been creeping up so now I have 20kg to lose. I haven't been very active the past 2 years, so I really need to motivate myself to work out.

Actually to anyone who reads this, the latest NW magazine has a Halley Berry article in it with some really great excersises for cardio, upper and lower workouts.

Must go and get dinner defrosted. Think it's going to be a late one tonight considering hubby is at work until 9pm
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 03:01

Plan: Atkins / Low Carb
Stats: 308/298/143 Female 163cm
BF:
Progress: 6%

Don't you just hate those late night dinners.. when hubbies work late.. mine has been doing that for the last 3 or 4 weeks.. I will honestly be glad when Christmas is over so at least we all can eat dinner at a decent time..

Must be the thing these days having a part time ebay business... I just love it.. though I can get a bit adicted to buying more than I am selling ....

Water is a problem that I face all the time.. and you would think in these humid temperatures that we would reach for a water but alas.. we reach instead for a nice diet coke with lemon or something just as yummy...

I have a personal trainer.. but I lack motivation when I am not with her... I need to get out and about more... maybe in the newyear...

Have a great evening..

Karen
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 03:11
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Karen. Yes the bosses seem to keep the hubbies back longer and longer the closer it gets to Christmas
Mine works 6 days a week as it is (Cash Converters) and has only really started this job 6 weeks ago, so can't really afford to be fussy with the hours. I'll be happy when he gets to level 3 and can either take an extra $100 home per week or have an extra day off. At least he gets Christmas day and Boxing day off, a lot of people with families won't this Christmas.

Isn't eBay just fantastic I must say I just went through my wardrobe and sold about $200 worth of stuff I just don't wear anymore but have turned right around and bought more stuff with the money (yes size 14's now instead of the 16's I sold)
Am hoping to do the same in a month or so and buy size 12's

I just did 20 mins on the bike at 20kph and bumped that up to 30kph for 2 minutes every 5. Went through 3 glasses of water while I was doing it which was a good thing and then just dunked myself under a cold shower when I was done.

One thing I don't understand is on the Fitday site it says 20 mins of swimming burns more calories than 20 mins of bike riding. I would have thought the latter would burn more
I got a good laugh when I founf you can add 'Sexual Activity' to your workout section on the site
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 05:45

BF:

Hi Bridget

AAHHH your husband works at cash converters.. I do mystery shopping at cash converters.. just a fill in job.. I have my own sort of business doing peoples bookwork but I am currently looking for full - parttime work so that I can at least afford my childrens school fees as they attend Hillcrest Christian College in Reedy Creek.

Good for you with the bike.. more than what I have done today.. but tomorrow I am off to Broadbeach and my personal trainer..

Way to go with the cold shower... beats getting caught with a hose on...

Ebay is amazing.. I am yet to sell my clothes.. can't wait till I get the chance.. I sell with a friend and we sell kids clothing mainly.. under my ebay name.. and then my husband and I sell our stuff under his ebay name..

Well.. looks like my jelly is nearly set so I am going to go and have some with cream..

Talk soon

Karen
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 06:38
Registered Member

BF:

Mmmm Jelly
Reminds me that I have 2 low carb packs in the cupboard that I haven't even made yet!

Just gave hubby some Caramel Swirl Ice cream for dessert and it looks soooo nice but I was strong. 12 carbs a serve, perhaps one day if I've been good I can have some but I am at 27 carbs for today so I'd better stop

Hubby works at the Coolangatta store and has mentioned the Mystery Shopper thing. They get Blue Vases (awards) if they get a report over 90% which is nice. I think it's a great idea.

Might go and scour eBay and do some damage to hubby's pay
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 06:52

BF:

Hi Bridget

I only did Coolongatta store last month..

They got an ok report except for the fact that the buy shop was closed and didn't open for the 10 mins that I waited.. oh well.. that is what mystery shopping is all about...

Icecream would be so nice... I wish that I could find the low carb one they are all talking about.. I can't find it anywhere.. will have to keep trying..

Jelly was yummy...

I don't know what is wrong with me these days.. 7pm comes and I could sleep for weeks.. then like now.. it is nearly 11pm and I am wide awake and not wanting to sleep ... now is the time that I would love to go for walks at night but can't as hubby is asleep and I dare not go out alone

Karen
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 07:04
Registered Member

BF:

Ha ha ha. Hubby is curious now. He's over there playing the X Box but wanted to know what date you visited the store
Darren does the buys section so that gets my Marky off the hook at least

I know what you mean about being wide eyed and bushy tailed at this time of night. It's a habit I'm trying to break but since I had that darn afternoon nap I'm not tired at all (says she who is eying off a $100 leather jacket on eBay)
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 07:10

BF:

Bridget

Hmm gosh... let me think.. I would have to look at the paper work to see when I was there... I did up and down the coast that day so it was a big one.. and I really don't like it much as I hate being pushed into selling or buying.. especially as I am only there as a mystery shopper.. which makes it hard at times... I feel that I give it away.. but I suppose everyone is about the same..

leather jacket now that sounds nice... I am looking for don't laugh.. and Abba dvd or Grease dvd.. or something.. who knows

Karen
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 07:17
Registered Member

BF:

No laughing they are both great
Can't help you with DVD's but I have some rather lovely home made ABBA outfits that I used in Karaoke competitions

Oh and to answer your PM question. I sell the Karaoke discs to operators all over the coast but actually go to shows as a singer.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 07:29

BF:

Way cool.... I just love karaoke.. I am a shocker.. my daughter brought back a load of karaoke vcd's from Malaysia and we have a hoot.. with the mics in the dvd player.. I use to go out with my friend but don't much anymore.. I got a bit self concious I suppose you could say.. I went about 6 months ago... and that was the first in a while...
I sing with a band so that keeps me happy and satisfied but I just love the rush you get with karaoke..

Karen
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 07:32
Registered Member

BF:

Yes it is lots of fun. I just can't get enough of it

Btw, your PM box is full so you will need to delete some of those old messages of mine
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 06:07

Stats: 73/67/55
BF:25%
Progress:

Hi Bridget 75 .

I am only 10 to 15 mins away as I live at Tweed Heads N.S.W .

Should try to meet for a decafe coffee as well .

E-mail me if your want . and may be we could be pen-pals as well ?

my e-mail is birthlife1~optusnet.com.au

Lady bird

Last edited by ladybird : Sun, Feb-09-03 at 06:09.