Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-01, 20:03
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 240/185/170
BF:
Progress:

I have been trying to lose weight for a long time with no success. I recently found out about herbalife products and I lost a bunch of weight, there products really work and the part I like is there all herbal and no drugs, anyway if you want to try them the website I ordered from is http://www.herbalife.com

[Edited by tamarian on 18-02-01 at 21:17]
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-01, 20:40
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Happyman, welcome to our forum. And CONGRATS! on your weight loss!

I took the liberty of posting herbalife's URL instead of one of the resellers to provide more details on the products.

If they (resellers) want to advertise with us, they're quite welcome to contact me, we welcome sponsors who want to promote low-carbing.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-01, 13:12
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hello,

Wow, I just looked at your stats .. 65 lbs gone, that's impressive, good for you. Just curious, you stated you only discovered herbalife "recently". Are you also following a lowcarb program. Which one?? Atkins, Protein Power?

I'm a bit familiar with the herbalife program, it's quite low calorie, not so much lowcarb, which is probably the reason for the weight loss. By the Eades' standards (Prot. Pwr) it's not nearly high enough in protein either, unless you are a very petite, sedentary woman. Are you in Canada or elsewhere?? Many of the products are not allowed for distribution in Canada, because they do not meet our FDA standards.

I see the weightloss shake mix formula is no longer sweetened with aspartame, it uses sucralose and acesulfame potassium now. That's good! However, the nutrient profile is still not very appealing to a serious lowcarber, and is extremely EXPENSIVE. I checked out the herbalife website, a 14-serving container of the Thermojetics High Protein, LowCarb shake mix is $27.95 US, and yields only 15 gm protein (from soy and casein) and a whopping 5 or 6 gm carbs, depending on flavour. That takes a huge bite out of the carb budget when yer following Induction and only have 20 carb gms a day to play with.

Some of us prefer the convenience and cost-savings of being able to select lowcarb products at our local health food or grocery store. I just purchased a canister of Interactive Whey, which is cold-microfiltered, excellent enzyme and amino acid profile, and MADE IN CANADA. Cost $34.99 Cdn, no tax, and yields 20 servings of 34 gm protein and only 2 gm carbs. Lots of flavours, including plain, which is great in recipes. It's sweetened with sucralose only.

However, a lot of people also like the personalized attention and service from programs like herbalife. Good luck to you in your endeavors, and continued lowcarbing success.

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-28-01, 18:19

Plan:
Stats: 140/140/125
BF:
Progress:
Default herbalife

I have the whole package.. I am so hungry when I take it..
How do u stop the thought of wanting to eat when u get hungry.. the pills are horrible...
but If it really works I will start again..
How long did it take u to lose the weight.. did u supplement 1 or 2 meals aday...