Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-14, 12:15

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%
Default online shopping? (Canada)

just wondering where people are shopping these days. just went onto iherb to order some gelatin powder, nutritional yeast and d3 5000iu's and noticed that they've gotten rid of the 4$ flat rate shipping to canada. now that our dollar is so soft, it's getting a lot more expensive ordering from the states anyways.

i don't think we can actually get d3 5000iu's in canada anyways, so i might have to order it from stateside--has anyone had good luck from any of the other american online shops?

i've only ever really ordered from iherb, and as long as i've stayed under 80$ and under 4 lbs i've never gotten dinged with customs fees. i'm wary of ordering from companies that use shipping companies that charge brokerage fees, etc. (ups, dhl come to mind)--we've had bad experiences in the past with the fees costing more than the item.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-14, 03:13
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Is there any reason you don't like the drops? You can get them everywhere, and they're tasteless. 1000 IU/drop.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-14, 10:55

i have drops but they take forever to come out of the bottle. when i take d3 i usually take 25000-40000 at a time. that's a lot of drops. it helps so much with sad and preventing respiratory illnesses, i love it.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-14, 15:50
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Oh, I HATE those bottles! I only buy the regular old-fashioned dropper bottles now. Oh, that's a lot of D3 at once... I guess you'd be chugging a whole bottle.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-14, 07:01
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 272/240/200 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 44%

silly question.. why would you want that much D3?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-14, 10:48

ha ha ha

i should retitle this as where to buy d3 in canada and why

here's the link to the BIG d3 thread: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=266549
and then there are 3 or 4 continuations

i take that much because it makes me feel better, and keeps me from getting sick in the winter. it's the best thing that i've found for SAD. i usually forget to take my vitamins everyday, so i play catchup with the vite d. it's fat soluble, so it's not like it's just going to be excreted if i take a lot once every 5 or 6 days. if i could remember to take my vites every day, i'd probably only be taking 5 000 iu daily.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-21-15, 13:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254/229/190 Male 72 inches
BF:24/16/12
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnut

i don't think we can actually get d3 5000iu's in canada anyways, so i might have to order it from stateside--has anyone had good luck from any of the other american online shops?

I just ordered a D3 5000 IU (Now Foods) from iHerb, quantity 240 capsules. I also ordered some 7-Keto, but it was denied shipment to Canada. I was really happy with the price and prompt delivery and would use them again.

-Callahan-
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-22-15, 09:28

looks like iherb brought back the flat rate shipping. too bad our dollar is so bad right now though.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-22-15, 10:06
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

There's a Canadian online store that offers 5000 iu D3 softgels .. http://www.yeswellness.com/natural-...oconut-oil.html.
They're located in Surrey, BC and they offer free shipping within Canada for orders over $49.

I have no affiliation with this company; in fact I only just discovered them by doing a web search for "vitamin D3 5000 in Canada" about 15 minutes ago

edit to add: There are more Canadian online stores offering D3 5000 ... for example ... http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/product...iu-240-softgels in Toronto area.