Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 15:59

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%
Red face Hi Im new 'again'

Hi to you all.
I tried to give this a go last year but didnt last long. The carbs got me
Now I am fatter than EVER at 185 lb!!
I can not really really believe I am over 13 stone. I never thought I would ever weigh that much even if I ate all that I could all the time and Im still ot even doing that !
Its the carbs of mostly the refined kind that is my number one downfall and now I am feeling really fed up with this body I have created. I really need to knuckle down and get with it so I have come back with my tail between my legs. I have been doing lots of reading this morning and feeling all hyped up now and rearing to go.
Im supposed to be joining KIWI KISS with a friend later this week, but i douybt it will help me any more than WW did. I just make too many carb choices and never can eat enough once I start.
I am fully loaded with carbs at the mo but from this moment I mean to commit to getting this weight of. I eat alot to comfort myself for being distressed over my weight and all it does isd hut me more not medicte me so its a nasty ole' circle
As long as I get it done this year I will be happy and that can be possible.
I realise its only up to me but everyones posts here really does help me to not just feel sorry for myself.
I have read many books and am not positive what to go with but feel I will sick to the most basic/restricted version of Atkins at least for the first while to get a kick start. I fing if Im allowed reward meals as in CA or free days like with BFL its like starting again all over again, and its the getting started that is often the most differcult hurdle. I just need to make sure I dont get all cocky this time a couple of weeks down the track so keep your eyes on me please.
I see theres lots of new folk here since I last was and this area seems much more active and thats great as the more support the better.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 1 jennysig_flowers.gif (26.7 KB, 45 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 17:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

Hi Bloom

Great to see you back...I wondered where you had got to

How are those teenagers? We've managed to inherit another one (nephew now staying with us )

I'm still here and trucking along slowly but surely. I actually hit my half way point this week..so stick with it - It will work

Lesley
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 18:16

BF:

Hi Leslely it is great to hear from you!!

Good on you for sticking with it all tis time, if only i had I would have made progress too instead of sliding back and then some .
Oh well that was in the past, and to that.
You are doing well and we are now about the same weight. I can see there will be no end to my gaining which is pretty scary and the more I gain the more I am going to have to lose so it is time. (this is sounding like something from the Lion King)

Thanks for remembering about Lisa. She is actually doing pretty well and has even gone back to school which is such a relief. She seems to have got some of her old personality back at the moment which is so nice after all this time . Long may it last.
There has been no more drinking.
You dont sound too thrilled about the nephew. How old is he? My 18 yr old son is no problem infact he is a delight and has been like a breath of fresh air this last year with everything else.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 18:21

Hiya,

Great news about Lisa - I think I recall saying she'd come around

The nephew - well he's a good kid really (18) he's starting university down here this year so thought he might board with us for a while. I don't mind really - but it seems like a hell of a houseful these days

Good point about us being similar in weight now - maybe we can keep pace with each other and I can help keep you on track Actually you'll pull away I'm sure with that great first two weeks rush that you get on indiction.

I have my fingers crossed for you

Lesley
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 18:39

BF:

Hey this is neat almost like chatting.
Just what I needed as I start off

Yes you did say that about Lisa didnt you

So how many in your household now? Of course you go out to work too, is it full time?

You keep those fingers crossed for me and I'll look forward to that 1st 2 week rush
I have a weekend away comming up on the 20th of March with skinny friends and I'd really like to lose 3 stone by then

It really is great to be in contact again Lesley. I take it you are still doing the Atkins program and finding it working well for you. Id be interested to hear how you have been finding it (life) without all the carbs?
I feel i really need to be able to do this for the long haul but cant really imagine it as I know how hooked I am . Im sure many others are in the smae boat though and have suceeded. Im just going to try to think one day at a time.

Jenny
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 18:43
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Jenny,

Welcome back!

Wa'il
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 18:50

BF:

Awww HI Wa'il, it is feeling really fuzzy and good to be here!
Attached Images
File Type: gif smileyhug.gif (27.4 KB, 33 views)
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 19:04
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloom
Awww HI Wa'il, it is feeling really fuzzy and good to be here!

And I feel worm and fuzzy to have all your animated pics back! Not to mention, you look mahvlous.

Wa'il
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 19:17

BF:

ahh but your not getting the 'full' picture.
A head shot doesnt do me justice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg swimsuit2.jpg (39.7 KB, 31 views)
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 20:36

Great cartoon

Sorry - had to pop out and do some real work

We've got three teens at home (17, and 19 are ours and now the 18 year old nephew)

I've found this WOE easier and easier. I virtually never have a craving for carbs, and I am easily satisfied with low carb desert treats every now and then.

Eating out is not a problem, there is usually something on the menu. If it is served with a carb accompaniment I just leave that bit.

eg chicken and brie open sandwhich - toss the bread and eat the rest. It's been great over summer cos we've had heaps of bbqs.

I also suggest quite often that friends eat at our place ratherthan theirs - that way I can control the menu. OR if we go to someones place I turn up with a contribution such as a yummy LC cheesecake or some LC nibbles.

I can't imagine eating any other way now, and I definitely don't feel like I'm on a diet

this WOL is definitely for me

Lesley
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 21:22

BF:

Thanks for that Lesley.

I feel like although I know inside this is "the" answer I dread the feelings of deprivation and its reassuring to hear you dont have any. Good one

17, 18, and 19! Geesh, Id 'love' that on a full time basis ...NOT

Jenny