Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-01, 13:19

Plan: modified PP
Stats: 190/180/155
BF:
Progress: 29%
Talking Good day, Everybody!

Hi Y'all!

Just wanted to come on and introduce myself, I've been lurking around these past couple of days, reading everything, learning lots. I'm on days off so I have time for it!

January of last year DH and I went LC, I lost 16lbs and DH lost 25, but it only lasted 3 months...our downfall was the Caribbean cruise that was our delayed honeymoon!

Since then, I've continued to believe in LC, we completely stopped eating pasta, rice, potatoes, but bread has been hard to give up, and sweets and baking has been especially hard for me.

I recently went through a phase where I was eating obscene amounts of sugar, makes me sick to think about it. My wt has since balloned another 10lbs, making it 40 lbs to goal weight.

As you can tell, I am in the Canadian Armed Forces, so being overweight is definately not in my job description! Fortunatly, I am a good medic, so running is not the be-all and end-all of my day, however, I have put most of this weight on since I developed chronic shin splints from running (not built for it), and if I want to advance in my career at all, I have to overcome my injury and weight.

Lately, I've been doing more research into LC, and I'm getting more and more inspired to buckle down again. I've really cut out sweets and potato chips (99% eliminated the sugar).

This forum rocks, and it's a wonderful inspiration. I feel like I've gotten to know a few personalities just from reading the posts... (hi Doreen, hi Wa'il)

Thanks for letting me rant, and tell my story!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-01, 18:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome karen! wow, what an interesting career you've chosen! i think you're our first member in the military. i'm glad you've found us! you'll find lots of support and info here and a lot of new friends! you already know that lc is the best way to eat great and lose weight. it really as to be a way of eating for life! we're here for you!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-01, 18:35
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Karen

Welcome to our forum!

Wa'il