Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-01, 20:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/175/149
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Ilost for 2 years, now I can't lose any more.

I first went on the Protein Power/Atkins dietsin March, 1998. That first year, I went from 220 lb. down to 160, and wore size 10 clothes. I stayed down another year, then over the past year and a few months, I have gained back to 175. I've tried everything, most of the various recommended supple ments, the fat fast, everything. I am taking several medications, but the only one that I wasn't taking when I first lost the weight is Coumadin, a blood thinner. My pharmacist says she doesn't think that is the reason. I had planned to lose down to 143, but was really slim at 160, even though I'm only 5'6" tall. Is there anyone out there who had this problem and solved it? If so, I'd reallylike to hear from you.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-01, 11:54
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Welcome aboard Modernist,

Never used this medication, but just wanted to welcome you to our forum.

This post was "stuck" for a while. The reason, most likely, is that you checked the little box that says "create poll". This is only needed if you want to create a voting booth.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-01, 18:45

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome modernist! i'm sorry that i can't help you out, but i'm sure somebody will have something to tell you. we have a lot of really informed folk here!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-01, 22:56

Plan: adkins
Stats: 255/223/160
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy same here

Hi, I too am having the same problem.but I havent been doing it for that long. Ive only been doing this for about 3 months and I was so suprised that I lost about 35 lbs. so far BUT, now for the past 2 weeks I havent been losing as fast as I was. I dont know what to do either. Any information from anyone would be great! GOOD LUCK to you!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-01, 13:04

Stats: 140/135/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Coumadin

Hello and welocme to the forum.
I wanted to address the question that you had about Coumadin. Recently on the Atkins site a person had a question re: this drug. He said that a person on the medication should not have a stall, but other side effects could occur. Go to the official Atkins web-site and look a the latest transcript (8/16/01) of his Q&A session. (Just FYI not an advertisement for the site!)

Good Luck
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-24-01, 09:38

Stats: 220/175/149
BF:
Progress:

Thanks to all of you who replied to "I lost for 2 years, now I can't lose any more." It was such fun losing, and my energy and mental alertness also increased by leaps and bounds. Does anyone know a doctor in the Dallas, Texas area who knows how to work with low-carbers on weight control issues? ModernistModernist