Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 21:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/153/120 Female 62"
BF:Start38%
Progress: 33%
Wink buddy anyone?

Hi,
I'm from Canada, 45 years old and my stats are 163 looking to lose 40 lbs, to about 125 lbs. It's my second time around with Atkins, I've lost 25 before and felt great, and have regained all but 5lbs.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 01:32

Stats: 185/159/135
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hi Ruby! I wish I was doing as well as you are. This is my first time on any kind of diet and I really want it to work. But after 2 months on induction I've lost 6 lbs and gained back 2. Haven't lost any inches, either. I have days when I'm very discouraged (this has been one), but I don't want to quit, either.

I could sure use a buddy to egg me on and make suggestions!

Coquina
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 17:53
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%

Ruby,
This is also my second time around. I am 48 years old and I am makiing this time work.
I would love to have you for a buddy.
Welcome to a great forum. The people are all little angels
with encouragement and words of wisdom.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 18:07
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 265/230/170
BF:
Progress: 37%

hi
i also want to be your buddy, please dont give up if i can lose weight any one can and please look at what you are drinking i had to go cold turkey on coffee,used to have at least 10 cups per nite and drink water till you float
iyonna
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 19:32

Smile second time gals

Hello all!

I'm glad to have you all as buddies. Coquinna I sent you a private message I hope you received it. Check out Turtle Club for slow weight loss, and make sure you have Dr. Atkin's lates revised book and make sure you follow it to the letter.

Iyonna, welcome and lot's of luck. We can all encourage another here. There are a lot of really helpful people. I love that you're a police officer, it's really impressive. I'm sure you're in great physical shape then? I need to get fit. I don't exercise much.

Hi DonnaJ.
Sent you a pm. Very glad to have you as a buddy, our stats are very similar. Do you think that 118lbs for a 45 year old is unreasonable. Medium frame, 5'3"?

I also subscribe to a thread for Petites that just got started, for under 5'4". Check it out.

Good luck to you all and happy to have some buddies.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 20:50
Registered Member

Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Hi buddies

I started the thread for petites. Looks like we all have a lot in common.

Ruby, this is my second time around also, but I'm very glad I didn't wait too long. The fact that all my new clothes are too tight helped. I gave all my old clothes to Salvation Army last year. I knew I'd backslide if I had them in the closet.

I'm convinced the fact that stretch pants, tunic tops and new bagel shops all came into fashion at the same time, put an extra twenty pounds on my backside.

Last time around, every time I lost ten pounds and could fit into one size smaller jeans, I bought a pair. Then never put back on the bigger ones. That helped get me down 3 sizes.

DonnaJ - I grew up near Portsmouth Ohio, just a few miles from you. I live in northern Ohio now. It's snowing like crazy again.

Happy to have some new buddies to talk low carb to.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 22:06
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile Hello buddies

Hello buddies
I am so glad we can share are experiences and being their to support on another. I think that is key to staying focus. I look forward to sharing with both of you this adventure into a new way of life.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 22:33

Wink Hey Dinky - Streeeeetchy Pants are out!

Dinky,
Yes!
I laughted and when I read your post. I believe those stretchy pants did me in too! Last year when I lost 25 lbs I threw all of them out and went and bought jeans. Now I have a closet full of new clothes for each and every size from 16 down to 12. As I lose pounds, I'm going to toss them -- even the good Calvin Klein ones - I don't even want to be reminded when I open the closet.

I wonder how long it'll take to reach my goal weight - can't wait to go shopping!

This is Day 3 of Induction and I get my worst cravings at night. Keep drinking tons of water.