Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 04:39

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%
Default protein power pals wednesday march 3rd

morning all...good night me
have a good breakfast
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 06:35

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Unity, I haven't had breakfast yet, I could eat your post

Ladies and germs, I am down to 228 fully dressed on the scale at work. I was 222 in the buff so that is probably about right. Anyway, I am happy.

Bloodwork went fine, I wasn't even tired afterward. Nice folks at the donation center.

I'll pop in later, have a lot of work.

Elaine
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 06:39

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Good Morning...

Back in a bit
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 07:09

Plan: PP high Omega 3
Stats: 165/133.5/107 Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Morning Folks!!!

I'm a bit sore today, since I changed my lifting routine a bit yesterday. I upped the weights and paid more attention to form. I also had an Aha moment when I realized that I could actually do the forms correctly, since the fat was getting smaller. Weeeeeeeee!!! lol I had scheduled Pilates to do yesterday also, but I wore myself out with the new lifting routine. lol Sooooo, today I have to do the Pilates, as well as the scheduled Yoga and my walking.

DH is home today, so we are going out to do errands and have a meeting to attend. I'll probably end up doing my walking in a mall, since we're due thunderstorms for the next few days. Boy, am I ready for spring!!!

Thanks to everyone for the Fitday suggestion. I have done it online, but recently bought the PC version. I had just not messed with the exercise part of it, because it is more complex than the online version. I even get to take calories off for sex, if you can imagine. I worked on figuring the activity part out a bit yesterday, but still have a ways to go before I'm comfortable with it. I just wish there was a feature that would allow you to input an entire recipe and then save it as a whole, instead of entering each ingredient seperately. I know my TurkeyVeg Soup I had last night had more protein and less carbs than the Fitday version. lol

Robin, I can understand your friend's need to cheat when eating out, but I also believe as you do. Sometimes food places don't make it easy on us healthy eaters, but there's hope yet.

Smoothblu, I also posted in your journal. Keep up the great work!!! I can't wait till the rain and cold leaves here so I can get out there like that again.

Dawn, it's so cool that you will be teaching massage classes. I've really wanted to learn to do that properly and have consider our local Praxis College. Just have to figure out how to fit that into my schedule. lol

Orang, my pedometer is the Sportline brand. My old one was too, but had less features. I think I prefer that one, since I hate figuring stuff out. lol This one has a screen that shows calories burned along with the miles walked. I do like that one.

Ewinpa, so sorry you have to have surgery. 2 years ago, my gyno found a small fibroid and talked surgery then. At that time, I was a vegetarian and decided to up my soy consumption to see if I could shrink it. Last year, yes indeedie. It shrank. No talk of surgery. But I know that since I've stopped the enormous intake of soy and gone to eating meat again, the fibroid has grown. My symptoms are back and my belly doesn't seem to be getting smaller, no matter what I do. Soooo, if she talks surgery again this yearly in June, I'm going for it this time. I sure hope you get to keep your ovaries, so you don't have to deal with the entire hormone thing. Good luck with everything.

Waving to all the other folks here!!!

Well, I'm off to start my day. Everyone have a great protein filled day!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 07:33

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Good morning, pals!

I'll be back after breaking the fast. Mmmm. Eggs.

Paris
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 07:52

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Good Morning!!

Just cooking some bacon right now, to have with some strawberries and cream!! Then off to doing homework and other stuff I have to do on my day off...the usual busy day!!

Have a good day all!

Robin
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 07:55

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Morning
Thanks to everyone who posted in my journal.
My right leg thinks it's still hiking. It spasms every so often. A strange feeling for sure. Leg cramps are back even with the extra potassium etc, but this to I'm sure will pass. Up 3 lbs this morning. I had to weigh in a day early as I will be out of town tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 08:06

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

I keep seeing links to lowcarbexercise.com on various sites. It looks like an interesting program, and I was wondering who here has tried it, and if you have had any success with it. I really need to get exercising again. I do have a gym membership, but I need an alternate in case I cannot make it to the gym.

Robin
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 08:43

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning all!!!

i am feeling very tired lately. not sure why!??!!? i keep thinking i am eating good, but the weight is being stubborn!!!argg. i know, patience, patience, patience!!! i am wondering if i should change anything up a bit?? it has been 2 months and struggling with the same 3lbs. the problem is i am not sure what i should change up, or if i should just wait it out and see what happens?? any ideas, suggestions?? (you can click on my fitday link to check out my diet and excercise if you want)

blu--hehe about your right leg still hiking. my left leg still feels the pain of snowboarding..... i guess i used that one more!!

robin-- bacon, strawberries, and cream....hummm kinda sounds good. i am at work so dobie muffins for me today. sometimes when i pack my lunch the night before i think something sounds really good. then when i am at work the next day, not in the same mood. kinda wish i would have brought some eggs to nuke this morning.

gotta get started on my work. sometimes i feel guilty that my first 30 min or so at work is on the internet....
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 09:41

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning So far, a better day than yesterday. My throat continues to hurt, wish it would go away. I decided to try out the DVDs instead of the gym, my throat hurt too bad for a decent cardio workout.

Yesterday's menu:
B - 1/2 cup keto choc crispies, 1/3 cup soymilk

L - roast beef roll-ups (3 slices deli roast beef, 1.5 slices pepper jack cheese, mustard), 1/2 cup SF cole slaw, CL pink lemonade

S - small handful hot & spicy peanuts
S - 1 deviled egg

1 hour of combo pillates and yoga (mainly just trying out some of the exercises)

D - 1 large chicken breast (recipe I posted), 1 cup cauliflower w/2 tsp butter

Dessert - sliced strawberries (1/3 cup) whipped cream

Michele - I looked at you fitday and would like to make a few suggestions. Not sure how tall you are but some days your calories appear to be on the high side. I would replace the processed meats (bacon, sausage) for leaner meats. I buy ham steaks that are very lean and much lower in calories. I try to only have bacon or sausage no more than once a week. Maybe try cutting back on beef just a bit. Also frankenfoods can stall as well. Try to only use bars or protein shakes to supplement a meal for protein or as a meal replacement.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 11:09
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

HI all!

Funny..for breakfast today, I had the dannon l/c strawberries and cream yogurt with 6 strawberries sliced up... yummy. AND I made turkey bacon with it too.. we are all in 'sync' this morning!

I cant find my pedometer since we moved here in Dec! WAH!

sex..can't imagine that lately.. ( sheepish grin ) poor dh. but that is another topic all together!

Michelle.. not sure what you should do.. maybe change something up...just have to listen to your body...and energy.. sounds like you are always on the go! you have more than you think you do!

Elllie.. been thinking about your sore throat..are you on any meds? sometimes meds have that as a side effect..

blu-have you tried to add magnesium to your supplements for the leg cramps? There is another one, that my client is using, and I will have to look at his chart when I go into the office, so I make sure I pass on the right info.

Carbgirl-many schools offer different classes with alternative scheduling.. like our school offers day/evening or weekend sessions.. if its what you want..GO FOR IT!

Elaine.. glad your morning went well.. I had to have a complete hysterectemy when I was 25.. gosh..can you believe that it was 14 years ago? seems like a lifetime now!

Ok, I made up this page this morning.. and printed it out.. I needed to add some positives today for myself...

#12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 11:20

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Robin, if lowcarbexercise.com is Kate and Graeme Street, I have the beginner program and enjoy it. I am in an apt and can do it comfortably. It also uses a stability ball which I like. I even use their warmup as my warmup when I'm doing other videos or weight trining. It's a bit pricey but I've wasted more $ on other things.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 11:41

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Elaine - WTG!!!!! You are doing awesome!

Dawn - The only meds I take is low dose asprin and BP meds. I am fairly sure it is sinus related as I had a 4 day sinus headache that wouldn't respond to anything then the headache broke and I have a sore throat. I am taking Allegra for my sinuses but still feel icky

Robin - I haven't tried that program but if not maybe a good video you could do at home would work when you can't get to the gym.

Blu - I had a bad time with leg cramps when I started this woe, the only thing that works for me is Morton Lite salt. I make sure I use it once or twice a day and no more cramps.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 12:06

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
blu-have you tried to add magnesium to your supplements for the leg cramps?
this worked for me
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 12:13

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

HI!

Had a good morning, I cut down my bacon and saved some cals. I am trying to keep my count at 1200- 1300 my carbs to 20-30 tops, today was my heavy chore day so that always starts my day out good! It is everyother day that I do this, I just wish that I knew how much of a cal burner it is: Ok , first I feed the calves 6 5gallon buckets of cracked corn, I fill them than take them all out to 4 bunks, then I fill 4 5gallon ones of pellets. I drive our chore truck out to our young cows and bulls and feed 3 50* sacks of cake feed, then go and feed the beefs 3 buckets of feed, then I go back to the young cows and scoop 60 shovel full of ear corn from the pickup, and unless I have ice to chop in the tank that is it! I guess my quetion is: on the "heavy chore days" Could i eat alittle more and would it hurt if I did not run on the treadmill that day????

Ellie, I use tylenal allergy for my flare-ups, since it has tylenol in it that has really helped with the pain and sorness!
Good luck! So do you recommend getting the pilates circles?????

Elaine,Good to hear that things are going so well!! Speaking of money spending, I am guilty of wasting mine on miracle loss things!

Rob, it was nice to see you post!!

Blu,
pottasiam is another suppliment that people have tried!

Michele,
If you like bacon in the morning have you tried canadian bacon??

Dawn,Remember SEX is a great exercise!! TRY IT!!!! And (as my dh reminds me) it sends out the endorphins that keep you young!HA

Robin, how have things been going with the job search???
I am glad that you are getting back into exercising, I have a treadmill at home since I am to far away to go to a gym , BUT i am so thankful for my tapes!!

carbgirl,You go for it girl! any time you can get more education under your belt , GRAB IT!! We live so far out in the boonies that oppotunities are nil!!

Well I need to get to making lunch now, the dh is just "starving!!Ha

HI TO Bawdy, Renee, Unity, and to everyone else out there!!