Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 14:34
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanjs4
Ok here's an example day

Breakfast:
12 oz water with metamucil
Omelette (1 egg, 1 egg beater, mushrooms, green peppers, yellow squash) cooked in a bit of olive oil, with 1 oz lf mozzerella cheese
6oz V8

on the way to work:
starbucks with 2% milk.

Lunch:
This is the big random meal for the day. Often will be a stir fry with veggies and chicken or fish. Or a big salad with balsamic vinaigrette and chicken. I try to keep the stir fry sauces light - but can't always guarantee what I get at a restaurant. I eat out every day for lunch at work.

Snack:
lettuce wraps (lettuce with a little mayo, a few slices of deli meat, green pepper)

Snack2: 15 almonds

snack3: if necessary, lf mozerella cheese stick

This gets me through my whole day until I go home. around 7:30

Then before working out at the gym, I'll grab another snack, maybe some yogurt, or pea pods, or hummus so I don't die while working out.

Dinner (usually pretty late)
4oz or less of salmon or orange roughy
grilled asparagus
some other vegetable

Dessert:
ricotta cheese with vanilla extract

I drink tons of water throughougt the day.

OK...are you ready for this? You are supposed to be in phase II!!

Where's your fruit? Wheres your starchy veggies and how about a little bit of a grain? See the phase II meal plan guide and do not pay attention to them telling you to have cereal for breakfast...but you do need to eat phase II foods and start very slowly...just add in 3/4 cup berries each day for the first week.

Your metabloism has become too adapted to your food levels and is now too efficient at burning what you eat. By adding in good carbs slowly, you will gradually rev up your metabolism. Got it?

IMO...I do not think that FFP is right for you at this point in time....but to each his own.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 15:35

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 280/211/200 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
OK...are you ready for this? You are supposed to be in phase II!!

Where's your fruit? Wheres your starchy veggies and how about a little bit of a grain? See the phase II meal plan guide and do not pay attention to them telling you to have cereal for breakfast...but you do need to eat phase II foods and start very slowly...just add in 3/4 cup berries each day for the first week.

Hehehhe,

I guess I forgot a bit. So about a month ago I had gone completely off plan. so when I got back I went back to Phase I. This successfully knocked off all the weight I had gained (10lbs worth). I'm sure that was 95% water weight. But I stayed on Phase I for 2 or 3 weeks. I did have the occasional starch towards the end. But maybe you're right. Maybe I need to add in some extra carbs. By the way, the last week, I did add in Uncle Sam cereal for breakfast instead of the omelette 3 or 4 times. That's the highest fiber cereal as it's all bran and flax seeds.

Anyway I'm on day 2 of FFP. I actually feel totally lethargic on this plan - like my body feels like it needs something. but I haven't been terribly hungry either which is odd for me. So I'll give it one solid week. Let's see what my body does with it. Either way, within another week or two, I'll be back on SBD, and I'll go back to introducing fruit/starches.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 21:54
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Hehehhe,

I guess I forgot a bit. So about a month ago I had gone completely off plan. so when I got back I went back to Phase I. This successfully knocked off all the weight I had gained (10lbs worth). I'm sure that was 95% water weight. But I stayed on Phase I for 2 or 3 weeks. I did have the occasional starch towards the end. But maybe you're right. Maybe I need to add in some extra carbs. By the way, the last week, I did add in Uncle Sam cereal for breakfast instead of the omelette 3 or 4 times. That's the highest fiber cereal as it's all bran and flax seeds.

Anyway I'm on day 2 of FFP. I actually feel totally lethargic on this plan - like my body feels like it needs something. but I haven't been terribly hungry either which is odd for me. So I'll give it one solid week. Let's see what my body does with it. Either way, within another week or two, I'll be back on SBD, and I'll go back to introducing fruit/starches.

Good! I'll be watching to see your results on FFP....sorry you are feeling so lethargic....but I really do think that when you begin to add fruits and starchy veggies back into your SBD plan.....and be consistent to it also...you will keep losing, albeit slowly now as you are close to your goal.

Empty your mailbox so that you can get PMs!!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-07, 09:01

Stats: 280/211/200 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Good! I'll be watching to see your results on FFP....sorry you are feeling so lethargic....but I really do think that when you begin to add fruits and starchy veggies back into your SBD plan.....and be consistent to it also...you will keep losing, albeit slowly now as you are close to your goal.

Empty your mailbox so that you can get PMs!!

Thanks Judy. UGGGh I forgot I only get 10 PM slots. I just emptied out a few - so PM away. I can send you my email address if you prefer and then you can just email me direct.

And yeah I'm still a little Skeptic about this FFP (in fact it's been a while that I've had the book and not done anything with it). I'm just really hope it kick starts my body just due to the confusion factor. And believe me after 2 days on it - I already can't wait to get back to the beach :-D
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-07, 10:36
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Thanks Judy. UGGGh I forgot I only get 10 PM slots. I just emptied out a few - so PM away. I can send you my email address if you prefer and then you can just email me direct.

And yeah I'm still a little Skeptic about this FFP (in fact it's been a while that I've had the book and not done anything with it). I'm just really hope it kick starts my body just due to the confusion factor. And believe me after 2 days on it - I already can't wait to get back to the beach :-D

Yes...PM me your email!!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-07, 16:43

Stats: 225/138/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Bouncing on a trampoline to shake the toxins out.

Thanks! I needed a good laugh this evening!!
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-07, 18:15
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:

Did you know that if you become a contributing member for $25- per year, you will have unlimited PMs.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-07, 16:31
Registered Member

Stats: 225/177/180 Male 71 inches
BF:14.5%
Progress: 107%

Not that anyone asked my opinion....

BUT FWIW, I just view beer as any other alcoholic beverage and see little to no value in low carb or light beers. At least dark beers like porters and stouts have similar antioxidant properties to red wine and may be more heart healthy than light colored beers, whether a regular lager or a light beer.

I can and do drink 1 beer on nights we have food where beer goes better than wine. (Generally mexican style fajitas and ww pizza nights) I never felt it was much different than having a glass or 2 of wine with dinner and it didn't seem to hinder either weight loss in P2 or my maintenance in P3.

If your primary goal is only weight loss, there is very little to justify drinking any alcoholic beverage. It's just empty calories and it is metabolized completely differently than other foods and messes with your blood sugars. Limited, but regular alcohol consumption has been shown in many studies to lower risks of heart disease though so there may be some health benefits. So for me, I drink only dark beers occasionally and don't worry about carbs, calories or it's "beachiness" as it all seems pretty irrelevant to me because of my own consumption patterns. YMMV though.