Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 10:41

Plan: CAD
Stats: 192/181.5/140
BF:
Progress: 20%
Unhappy Platteau

Hello Everyone this is my first post, but I have been reading everyone elses for about a month now. I started CAD about a month ago, and was so excited because it was so easy to follow and I was losing weight!!! I am getting a little frustrated though, I have been losing about 2 to 3 pounds a week for the last three weeks, but this week I think I am going to be gaining. I haven't changed anything. Does anyone have any ideas why. I am thinking I am not eating enough during my comp meals and not eating balanced meals for my reward meals. I am afraid to start eating more throughout the day because I don't want to regain the weight. Right now I usually skip breakfast because the sound of eggs and bacon or meat in the morning doesn't appeal to me. For lunch I usually eat iceburg or romain lettuce w/chicken and ranch dressing, or some beef jerkey. Another thing I have noticed is my skin and lips are sooo dry. And I am drinking more water than I ever have about 68 oz a day. Anyone have any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 19:55

Stats: 258/258/140 Female 5'7
BF:40%/40%/20%
Progress: 0%

First of all, ((HUGS)) seem to be in order here hon. You sounds really down. But you shouldn't be!! I don't understand why you "think" you are on a plateau....from what I read, you say you are still losing weight at 2-3 pounds a week. So what is the problem? Why do you think you are going to gain weight? You seem to be feeling guilty about not giving this program your all.
You know what you have to do - stop skimping on your CM, and try to balance out your RM!! Sounds like you just need some encouragement to me.

So you don't like bacon and eggs for breakfast. Try a salad, eat some cheese melted over a tomato....don't limit yourself to "breakfast food". At least have a little something, perhaps decaf coffee. If you don't eat, your metabolism will slow down, and your rate of loss will slow also. Or if you really can't stomach breakfast early in the morning, try combining breakfast with lunch - brunch!! Have it late in the morning, and perhaps move your RW meal up a bit to an earlier time to space your 2 meals out evenly throughout the day. Another thought is, maybe you arent getting enough water? You said you drink about 68 oz. a day. You are supposed to drink half of your body weight in oz. So, lets see. You weigh 181....which means you should be drinking about 90 oz. of water a day. Also - do you take vitamins? How about exercise?

You really can do this. You know the weight isn't going to come off as fast as if you were on Atkins. But this isn't a race. You didn't put the weight on overnight, and you are certainly not going to take it off overnight. You need a plan you can stick with for the rest of your life, so you can keep off that weight permanantly. Remember, slow and steady wins the race!! You have already lost 10.5 pounds - that is great!

I hoped that I helped you a little. I'm no expert by far, but I have picked up alot of things over time. I have lost weight in the past, only to regain it again. I have been in search of the right plan for me for the longest time. Everytime I try I get closer and closer. I honestly think CAD is a program I can stick to, I have done much research on LC woes and this seems to be one of the best. I truly understand your frustration though....at times I think to myself "I just want this weight off NOW!!!" But I know this has to be a lifetime committment - not just to lose weight, but to get healthy. Keep trying , and keep posting. I look forward to hearing from you again.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 10:21

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default In it for the long haul.....

Quote:
I am thinking I am not eating enough during my comp meals and not eating balanced meals for my reward meals.

I think you answered your own question.
Quote:
Right now I usually skip breakfast because the sound of eggs and bacon or meat in the morning doesn't appeal to me.

I found that my biggest problem was acutally getting enough to eat. I was skipping breakfast for a long period of time and that was the only time I had a big stall.

Ann's post was very well put. Just remember, you are in this for the long haul........... You cannot expect your weight to follow the rules! It won't!! I promise. ....... but in the long run, if you eat right and follow the plan you will see success.......... just be patient. Good things will come.

Libby
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 21:21

Stats: 192/181.5/140
BF:
Progress: 20%

Thanks for the support, I am going to stick with things and try your advice.