Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 13:40

Plan: CAD (Basically)
Stats: 175/154.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:lot/less/little
Progress: 59%
Unhappy just lost control

After 4.5 weeks on lo carb and doing great the whole time, suddenly, without any explanation I can come up with, I just lost my resolve and ate a bunch of Teddy Grahams.

WHY? It's just so wierd. I didn't even want them -- they've been in my house for a week -- and suddenly it was like I couldn't resist any more and I ate several hands full.

Is it stress? Lack of sleep (I hardly got any last night.) What would make me suddenly just lose control like that?

I need a bit of encouragement. Did any of you ever do this?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 21:16

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Constantly.

Don't ask me to explain it..... but yes, you have just described my worst behavior. I will be doing fine and then it is as if someone put a donut on a hook and reeled me in.

Maybe we need group therapy! LOL..... but no....... you are not alone.

Just remember, we are doing the best that we can, and if we take two steps forward and one step back then at least we are headed in the right direction!

Oh.....and just in case..... go ahead and throw the Teddy Grahams away, put them in the kids bedroom, or make the dog eat them.

Libby
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 21:38

Plan: My own low carb plan
Stats: 184/142/130 Female 5'6
BF:29%/20%/16%
Progress: 78%

hi,

I did the same thing with some Wheat THins yesterday. They've been in the cupboard unopened for a week and suddenly they were irresistible. I think sometimes not eating enough calories may cause it. I think i'd been eating way too few calories for the amount i work out and my body finally said enough is enough. IT's also with this WOL sometimes you have to give yourself a little slack otherwise it won't be a WOL it will be another diet because it will be too hard to follow.

Danyele
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 06:17

Wink Thanks, friends

I just had a really bad weekend.

I'm realizing more and more what an awful stress eater I am. I just have the hardest time not eating when under stress.

I've been running myself ragged getting ready for a picnic we have every September at my house. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have to prepare (cleaning, food, menu, drinks, ice, folding chairs, gardening...) And all this prep while:

Running my kids to boyscouts;
Running my kids to baseball games;
Helping with homework;
Keeping up with the regular, daily chores;
Keeping up with all the other stuff I'm involved in (parish activities, running the Guitar Ensemble at my church)
Youth Group activities
AND all this while chasing my 20 month old daughter around and undoing her messes all day long!!!!

STRESS!!!!

Now, why am I having such a hard time staying with my eating plan this weekend????

OI!

Jeannie
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 09:02

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default stress

Okay..... you really do sound just like me.

I am a full time mom, chauffeur, house keeper, baby sitter and oh... I work a full time job and a part time job. So yeah, I understand.

YOU have to take time out for YOU. At some point you MUST realize that in order to be healthy you must be kind to yourself. If being healthy means working out at the gym or spending 20 minutes, three times a day preparing the right foods for you then you MUST learn to do it. There is no shortcuts to good health.

Be kind to yourself. You deserve it.

Libby
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 11:15

Unhappy I know, I know...

That theme of "you need to take time out for yourself" keeps coming back to haunt me.

Thanks, Libby, for caring enough to respond. I really am overwhelmed.

Taking time for myself seems impossible. What extremely important task do I leave undone? The grocery shopping? (I'm still trying to figure out how to get there today.) The laundry? The disgusting bathroom? Meals? Homework?

It's nutso. I am trying though, (and so is my husband, as I think he's finally getting the idea that I'm not really superwoman...) He actually let me watch some of my son's baseball game yesterday, instead of HIM watching the whole thing and me just chasing the toddler around. That felt good.

Well, back to work. Got soooooo much to do.

Jeannie