Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 05:02
Registered Member

Plan: Was Atkins, then BFL, now Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 144/111/112 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 103%
Default Beginning of Day 3 on CAD

It's early and only the beginning of the day but I weighed and the scale finally moved. I'd been stuck for a little over a week. It went down a whole 1 lb.! And that's 2 pieces of cake and 1 dip of ice cream later. WOO HOO! I'm glad I switched from Atkins. I think I needed a change.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 10:09

Plan: CAD (Basically)
Stats: 175/154.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:lot/less/little
Progress: 59%
Smile I agree

This is a much easier, more livable plan, if you were to ask me.

I've lost 10 lbs in the past month doing CAD and I take my RM seriously! I eat cake, ice cream, potatoes, cookes, candy bars, whatever the heck I feel like! Last night, I had pizza. (Yum)

I do try to have a balance meal, though, just like they recommend.

You don't lose as fast as you might on Atkins, but I know this is something I can do forever, so I'm happy with it.

Best if luck to you!

Jeannie
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 16:07
Registered Member

Plan: GO, formerly CAD, formerly Atkins
Stats: 160/155/135
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default switched from Atkins

I, too, switched from Atkins to CAD. I did Atkins for 2 months, lost 8 pounds, gained 3 pounds, then finally switched on Monday. I've already lost a pound, which is faster than I lost on Atkins. It is easier, too. It's just that I'm hungry, and I was never hungry on Atkins. Maybe I'm not eating enough, but it feels like it at the time.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 07:04

Plan: CAD (Basically)
Stats: 175/154.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:lot/less/little
Progress: 59%
Default snacks

I, too, suffered with in between meal hunger when I started on CAD. It decreased, somewhat, after a while, but I definitely do the plan with the snack, now that I'm past the two week induction phase.

I tend to get hunger between meals, but to a lesser degree than at the beginning. I find that a small, lo-carb snack with a glass of water tides me over until the next meal. I'll have celery sticks, a few macadamia nuts, a few cubes of cheese, a roll of turkey, a slice of cabbage (or two), a couple pickles, a tablespoon of peanut butter (3 carbs or less), orrrr the yummy cream cheese cheese cake snack, if I really want something sweet!

All this is, is two tablespoons (about) of cream cheese, splenda (to taste), and either some cinnamon or some cocoa. It's absolutely awsome!!!

Have a great time with this WOE. It's really an easy way to live and brings me both psychological and physical benefits.

Jeannie
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 08:39
Registered Member

Plan: GO, formerly CAD, formerly Atkins
Stats: 160/155/135
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default snacks

Thanks, Jeannie. That's good, constructive help. My tummy is hurting right now, so maybe I'll go get a small low-carb snack. I'm not through my first week yet, though, but my wait is dropping pretty quickly--3 pounds so far--so I think a snack is okay.