Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 20:23

Plan: none
Stats: 113/113/113 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress:

i dont eat and i mainly live off my milkshakes which contains everything i need to live on. if i cut milk out of my diet i would be living off nothing hardly. my symptoms were the same 5 years ago when they removed half my thyroid and i was fine for 4 years after it was removed but doctors aint keen to remove the last piece of my thyroid.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 08:32
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

If you're saying you can't eat because of the thyroid that is very serious. Obviously something will have to be done.

I get swelling in my throat too, my thyroid is slowly enlarging, and I get panicky. It always happens at night so I take some antihistamines and just go to bed. There are ways to help your body not panic. I used the www.lifespa.com there is a section about arrythmias that talks about the nervous system, how to keep it calmed down. The massage helps keep me from freaking out when my heartrate picks up and I start pouring out stress hormones. I also have propranolol. It is a betablocker, it blocks adrenaline. People take it for stage fright that can help panic attacks too.

Hang in there, hopefully the 6th will come soon for you and you can get some help with the drs fast.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 19:53

Plan: none
Stats: 113/113/113 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

thank u for your reply. i do know how you feel. it aint nice going to sleep with a enlarged thyroid. it feels like your airway is narrowing and swallowing is difficult i guess thats why we start to panic and get palpitations. it is a scary experience. for me the 6th cant come fast enough he he im getting a bit sick of milkshakes. i went to see my doctor today to see about getting a second opinion if the hospital refuse to remove the other half of my thyroid on the 6th feb. he seemed quite postive that we will get the doctors at the hospital to remove the rest of my thyroid shortly i just have to go through the motions with them to make sure that taking my thyroid out is the only option they have. if not we will get it done with a second opinion. so i am hopeful that there will be a end to all this soon. im still smiling and being postive in the mean time i will check out your advice and web sites that you mentioned as im willing to try anything at least once that might help and easy things abit so thanks.

Last edited by ally2 : Wed, Jan-25-06 at 20:03.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 20:12
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Heart palpitations and anxiety are just par for the course with hyperthyroid. Sorry to hear you have them, they're miserable! But realize they're not caused by your thoughts or emotions, they're caused by your thyroid putting you into "flight or fight mode". Also it isn't unusual to have a really bad temper. So that is something to keep in mind if you're around other people. Take yourself out of any stressful situations until you can get under control. I'm sure I probably damaged some relationships while I was hyperthyroid just because I was acting so strangely. Try to avoid stress as much as possible.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-13, 03:00

Plan: exercise-fruits-veges-fis
Stats: 211/196/185 Male 172cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi!!
after reading the posts on this site from you guys... i dicided to go and do the tests and the doctor told me i have high level of T3 with T4 and TSH being Normal and reffered me to the physician.....can someone share with me what does high level of T3 with normal T4 and TSH mean
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-13, 09:01
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

You should probably start a new thread so people like me don't end up responding to the first post and miss your question.