Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 07:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/230/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%
Unhappy Soy sensitivity? Help!

For the first time yesterday, I ate a soy bread product (pizza crust). I have had tofu before and never had a problem, but after that soy pizza crust I had the big "D" *so* bad.. all day long, it was horrible! I felt sick to my stomach, got terribly bloated and very weak from the drastic rapid dehydration.

Question is, was it a fluke and I was just sick with a bug or can I not eat soy eaither?

Product used was NOW Brand Certified Organic Raw Soy Flour. I also used NOW Soy Protein Isoflavone.

Afraid to try to eat it again.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 14:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195??/186/150
BF:
Progress:

Was it kept in the fridge?? Soy flour can go bad fast....I dunno. That is so tough. A couple weeks ago I accidentally ate some rotten tuna (it was rotten when I opened the can) It's taken me some time to get over being grossed out to eat it again, but my first thought is that the product has gone bad.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 14:52

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

Hi, I may be able to help... I don't think eating 'raw' soy is good... there is an enzyme or something in it... soy should be lightly toasted before being eaten... at least that is what I have always though... Soy Protein Isoflavone, I don't think would be a problem... there are some people who do have a soy sensitivity though... maybe you could make sure your raw soy is cooked and see if it makes a difference... I wish you the best...

Hummm... on hindsite... you said it was in pizza dough, so it would of been cooked, maybe not enough? Or maybe if you try it again and it does the same thing... well, you get the idea...

Last edited by adnil53 : Sun, Mar-16-03 at 14:55.