Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-24-17, 17:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default whiner thread

My confession is that i want to whine and b*tch a bit about not losing for the last two months. I want to complain that i made a mistake and "can't" get back from it (I raised carbs and added some alcohol to go on vacation and practice maintenance.) Dropping down my carbs isn't changing things. I want to sigh and whinge about whyyyyyyyyy do i haaaaaavvvvve to stop alcohol completely to see if that shifts a stall. Or even, whyyyy do i haaaavvvve to try cutting out bacon (i have made it weekend mornings instead of everyday and >more whining< that wasn't good enough....wahhhhh)

I confess i do not want to force myself to say all kinds of positive things when i do not really feel them. I've been reading about stall breakers and more tips and tweaks, and I have read lots of thoughtful and hearty and positive-thinking advice... I'm half-heartedly thinking about ways to adjust (keep calories below 2200; more water; carbs >20; no more processed meats; cut cheese entirely) but i am not really committing to tweaks, because I am feeling sorry for myself and whiny whiny whiny whiny...

I am not planning to cheat or give up at all. I am committed and I am keeping on. I am staying under 30 carbs and if i am drinking, it isn't every day and it isn;t a lot (1 - 2 drinks, 3 times a week). I suck suck suck at drinking enough water but i am trying...kinda...sometimes...

I feel like all the will power i have right now is enough to just stay on plan. Maybe my body really really wants to stay at 185 and I should just find a way to be ok with it.

I do feel better in many ways and (to be clear) i am not cheating and i am not giving up. I am just sullen that it isn't "working" in the weightloss department any more. But the other benefits are worth the whole WOL and I am sticking to it.

If anyone has any extra patience or good humour for sale, I'm buying.

What's your whine...? I can't be the only one?!!

Last edited by Blue Ruby : Wed, May-24-17 at 22:37. Reason: I forgot to say: please join in!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-28-17, 11:41

BF:

ok, well maybe I AM the only one who finds the occasional whining good for the soul, refreshing and relieving. Even though our culture is so insistent on keeping a publicly positive attitude (that was my confession)

Enjoy your weekends, all of you who read the thread. I hope it is as sunny and beautiful where you are as it is is here on the edge of the Pacific.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-28-17, 19:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/190/150 Female 5 foot 6 inch
BF:
Progress: 31%

Whine away!! I'm trying to stay positive too, but I hear you when it feels like you are sacrificing a lot already and then you have to cut out something else. Hang in there!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-28-17, 19:54

BF:

Thanks NovBlue!
I'm over the whiny couple of days...back to just keeping in, we'll see what the scales and tape measure say June 1.

Good luck to you!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-29-17, 00:08
Registered Member

Plan: my own designed
Stats: 276/267/200 Male 5.4
BF:
Progress:

Staying positive is itself bit tricky. All the best and no whines ahead...
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-29-17, 06:50
Registered Member

BF:

I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm all about keeping a positive outlook, but it's okay to feel what you need to in the moment. I think not coping with the emotional side of our relationships with food won't set us up for success long-term-- at least in my situation, as it's a big part of why I have so much extra weight. In general, it's healthy and making me learn better ways to cope, but some days I can struggle when I realize something is stalling me and I have to give up something I thought I could have. I move on and it's fine, but I need my moment to whine too!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-29-17, 08:41

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 235/169/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Omg! You posted exactly how I feel! Thank you for being real and honest. I'm ready to get over my whiny self and get back to the business at hand. Reversing my type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome. Thanks again Blue Ruby!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-30-17, 23:09

BF:

Let's keep it real.
Sometimes it's ok to just name what's going on. There're so many ups and downs, sometimes just acknowledging the downs helps them pass. Thats all. Like a tired, whiny child needs her cry before bed. Tomorrow is another day.
Thanks for chiming in. Sounds of crickets when you post is disconcerting.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-17, 08:45
Registered Member

BF:

How are you doing today? I'm feeling especially whiney. I have been soooo good and my scale is still not budging. I know it's a lifestyle change and not a sprint but I need the encouragement of at least a little movement here!!!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-17, 11:17

BF:

I am still stuck stuck stuck -- so then i say "F'it" and have a cocktail (only gin, lemon and sparkling water) and 3 glasses of wine (we had a dinner party last night)...and I'm down 1.5 pounds this morning! which i KNOW is dehydration from the alcohol...not loss at all and will make me regret having wasted a 24 hour period of possible fat-burning.

so maybe this isn;t totally whiney, but i hear you. I even measured and the tape hasn't moved this month. But somehow I feel a bit better today...more able to just rest with this and focus on the other benefits. It has taken me 5 months to get to the point of feelings like - this is just the way I eat, this is just normal . I don' want to lose that feeling, so that is a nsv right?

Search the word "patience" in the advanced search settings -- there are lots and lots of threads over the years with a lots of good advice which i have found helpful, or at least supportive and made me feel like I can be more patient.

Come say hi in my journal!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-17, 13:31
Registered Member

BF:

Definitely, I'm looking forward to getting to the point where I don't feel like I'm "on a diet" anymore. I didn't really try to change my outlook last time I did atkins and in shows in that I regained everything I lost.

Thanks, Ill check out that search when I'm feeling discouraged! (And your journal!)