Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-28-01, 23:04
Registered Member

Plan: Own Combinations, just trying not to exceed 20g/day..Struggling tho
Stats: 174/160/125
BF:
Progress:
Wink Dont be surprise where I am from!!

Well now we haf a member from Malaysia!! Thats me!! *bows bows..curtsey and everything*

Low carbing isnt being practice here in this country.. I wont be surprise if I am the 1st person tryin to loose weight eating all those fatty stuffs.....thanks to the availibilty of the internet. Everything on low fat and sugar processed products is easily available..To go low carb..we just hafta choose the correct food mostly natural ( which is better i think..but a hassle when intending a quick meal... as fa me i am glad I can still grab a piece of cheese).

Talk about Atkins...low carb food supplements..and other products..its not available here. Read me thread that I posted under `Tips Stalls and Plateau*...my 3 days experience on low carb but still managed to loose 3lbs after a plataeu. I need2burn 26 lbs at least...I started low carbing 3 days ago..lolol
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-28-01, 23:12
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hello need2burn, welcome aboard, particularly for the first Malaysian member! And congrats on your loss!

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-01, 12:13
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Thank You Wa'il

Took me quite sumtime to figure who Wa'il is...lol..I am slow huh?..Fat ppl usually slow...so they say..
I did thank you fa ya warm welcome in me other thread! Are ya ignoring me? I will take ya busy as the reason fa ya not responding to me.
Heh heh ..you see i am an attention seeker...especially when I think about how how other ppl will and could enjoy the scrumptious delight at a dinner invitation I am gonna attend tommorrow.. Most of the cushine gonna contain sugar and high carb stuffs...grrrr

Ok I promise to fill me tummy up with 2 hard boil eggs and 3 slices of cheese b4 i attend the dinner and think of you when i am lookin at thefood on the table...

Wa'il...just wonderin if ever survey being done to market Aktin's products in Malaysia??

#4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-01, 12:50
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi, no I'm not ignoring you. Why would I do that.

My email inbox is so busy, it takes a long time to get to them. But glad you posted in the forum so everyone can help as well.

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-01, 23:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello, need2burn, welcome to the forum!

Wow, we are really acquiring an international membership! Even here in Canada, right next door to the US, it's hard to find low-carb 'products.' Frankly, I think this is a pretty good thing, since, as you point out, it's better to stick to the basic, natural products (in my humble opinion, at least).

How did your dinner go? I too have filled up on low-carb stuff before attending a dinner where I won't be able to eat much .... it sure makes it easier to ignore the carby stuff.

I love your accent .... it comes through even in your writing .... I'd love to hear a tape of you!

Cheers,
Rachel
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 02:42
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Talking Greetings Rachel!!

Thanks fa the welcome...now I feel more and more cozy in here. Feels good to haf sumone else other then Doreen and Wa'il feeding back to me...*hint hint* *winks winks to others*
and Wa'il.oh Wa'il I know ya busy was just ticklin ya!

I do try stick to the basics and naturals...Rach..sumtimes ya know you just love one of those quickies when ya feel the hunger pangs.

Dinner is tonight (my end) about 3 hrs to go...so I did stuffed meself with a whole chicken leg, half cup of dark green royal mustard leaves(kinda veg..looks like a combo of kale and baby mustard leaves..*giggles) for lunch and drinkin lotsa water and I am gonna stuff meself again with the same menu..right b4 i leave fa the dinner..and bite a slice of cheese while driving towards the hotel where they gonna hold the wedding reception...and then think alot of Doreen and Wa'il and YOU!! Sumhow I am still figurin howta `not to' offend the host when food is served - you haf any plans?? If theres chicken or beef...maybe i will take few bites and chew slowly eh?? and tell them i am havin bad tummy tonite haha ha!!

As fa me accent..yup lotsa friends in net told me i haf a major accent problem.. not only when i talk to them over voice chat...like what ya said it shows even when i typed (actually those are my bad at spellins). I haf yahoo messenger where ya be able voice chat if we wanna listen to each other.. I hold the same handle `need2burn'

About the Dr.Atkin's book..i managed to hassle a special friend from states to hunt one and send it to me..it make take nother coupla weeks till i can read it tho.

Keep in touch Rach..love hearin from ya!!

#7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 03:07
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking hi Tama

me again,

About the dinner ... You've got the right idea to fill up with some protein just before you go. Drink lots of water or sparkling water ... or maybe a little dry wine (although that might make your resistance to temptation breakdown ) .. if there are hors d'oeuvre, then nibble on some veggies and cheese. When the dinner is served, eat the protein portion first, then the vegetable. You'll probably be really stuffed anyway, so it won't be untruthful to tell the hosts that your tummy is very full! And I just bet you will have such wonderful conversation going on, that nobody will notice you're NOT stuffing your face with sweets and goodies.

Just be sure to enjoy yourself! And best wishes to the happy couple

Doreen
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 03:51
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Doreen ....GO SLEEP hun!!

I read ya post on the other category...i hate insomnias..am insomniac meself sum days.... I used to depend on valium help me sleep long time ago coz its had been a disease fa me. I was adviced to take Royal Jelly (ewww this is so carby!) to help me circulations and hormones in me body...gradually it help. I no more depend on drugs to help me sleep.

Thanks fa ya tips..sure helpful... After lunch today me carb count is 12 and I guess 20-30g fa today should be alright huh?..

BTW..did ya see i haf an avatar now?....dont wanna make it too big tho coz it will show me plump cheeks...heh heh.

I need get ready in few..I will try haf a good time during dinner. Malaysian are majority all eat eat eat ppl lol. Ciao!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 07:04

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Welcome!!!
Hope your dinner goes well tonight! Looking forward to hearing how it went!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 08:00

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome aboard tama! i've not been around much lately because of some difficulties at home. i have been lurking, but not posting, just haven't had the time! you are doing so well, with so little support! good thing we have computers!! i think you have the right strategy for the wedding dinner. as for quickie meal, have you checked out the recipes here? one of the keys to this way of eating is preparation. when ever you cook, cook double, so you'll have something quick in the fridge. cold roasted chicken is great to nibble on! you probably have the freshest seafood! seafood cooks up so fast! you're so lucky! keep some left over in the fridge.
keep posting away! i love your sense of humour!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-01, 11:25

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

So how did your dinner go? Did you find lots of protein/veggie things to eat?

Re insomnia: following Doreen's advice, I now take a calcium-magnesium supplement right before bedtime. I don't know how or why it works, but I sleep much better! I found they even helped me get over jetlag from my latest trip to England much more quickly. And no carbs!

I don't know ANYTHING about Malaysia. What's the weather like? What kind of food do people like? Have you always lived there, and WHERE did you pick up that adorable accent? What's the history of English usage in Malaysia? The history of the English language is one of my fascinations, and I'm always interested in the various dialects. What is the 'official' language spoken in your part of the world?

Just curious!
Rachel