Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-11, 08:08

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%
Default Continuing Whole30

I went off Whole30 in late July due to some medical issues, and promptly gained five pounds! Sheesh!

My medical issues are resolved, and to really be honest (don't you hate it when you have to be honest with yourself?) I probably could have coped with the medical issues and still stayed on the Whole30 Challenge. I just went back to what was easy. Well, me and my five extra pounds learned our lesson!

I am going back on the Whole30 Challenge as of right now. I did so well on it before. I plan to stay on the Challenge until Canadian Thanksgiving, which is in early October (and at which I plan to eat pie ). Today I weighed in at 175.5, and I want to be 160 by the beginning of October. I am going shopping for new clothes then! I've been so reluctant to buy new clothes until I am significantly smaller.

If anyone is interested in joining me, or is already continuting along with the Whole30, I'd love to hear from you.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-11, 01:07
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo-ish
Stats: 156.0/150.6/140.0 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I'll join you! I went on holiday for a week and had a great time eating badly, but gained some back as well. I want to eat Paleo mostly in my day-to-day life and the challenge was a good way to get into that habit, even if I wasn't super strict. I started back on Sunday, but had a small slip yesterday, so a fresh start sounds fantastic.

BTW I'll have to re-weigh and measure tonight or over the weekend.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-11, 08:43

tigerh, I don't have a tape measure handy, but when I find one I will post my measurements and weight too. We can cheer each other on!

Last night I was at a birthday BBQ, and there were FIVE desserts on offer! I had just eaten a wonderful bbq'ed rib eye steak though, and it was very easy to say no thank you. I hope things go well for you!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-13-11, 10:29
Registered Member

BF:

Likewise! OK, I weigh 150.4lbs or 68.2kg. My abdominal measurement is 96.5cm. I really gained on holiday and already since Sunday there's been a reduction, even though I had a glass or 3 of wine last night

As a goal, I'd like to be able to fit back into a favourite pair of trousers that were a bit of a squeeze even at the end of the July whole 30. It'll be great to have a buddy, so I hope we can keep each other as well as ourselves motivated!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-11, 08:42

Plan: general LC
Stats: 191/140/133 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Count me in too . Been trying to post but too busy. Whole30 has kept me pretty strict and that's apparently where I need to be to be losing, and if dairy is slowing me that much then it's surely doing other bad stuff to me as well. I also got a new teapot with an infuser, so kicking the coffee vice will be much more pleasant this time around. I have a few pairs of pants sets that are my goal, but I think my hips are much wider since having had my baby so I may have to re-think that. I am not in a hurry to rush things, but it would be nice to see myself in goal pants by December when we take vacation. In the past, I'd probably only need to lose 10 more pounds to be in them, so we shall see this time round.

Sue33 and tigerh, I am so delighted to see this challenge continue. It really helps me to stay on track if I am accountable to someone in addition to myself. Good luck ladies, I look forward to what the coming month shall bring!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-11, 17:22
Paleo and proud!

Plan: Paleo / Primal
Stats: 210/175.6/168 Female 70 inches
BF:40%/34.4%/30%
Progress: 82%

I have been wanting to keep to the Whole 30 rules but I feel that it's easier to do so when there is a thread like this to keep you on track!

I would like to be strict during the week and then slightly relaxed at the weekends.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-11, 02:57
Registered Member

BF:

Great news, mfish and oblong - I'm glad we'll all be supporting each other!

I very much approve of the more relaxed approach for the weekend, since that's what it was about this weekend! I'll be experimenting with some paleo desserts and de-dairying some main course recipes. For example, I made the Karen Barnaby shepherds pie on Saturday and left out the sour cream and cheese from the topping - it was just as good.

Onwards!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-11, 09:03

Plan: <50g a day, gluten-free
Stats: 202.8/180.6/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 38%

I've just started this too, so I'm glad to have a thread to check in on for ideas and support. My eating is not that bad, but coffee and red wine are going to be a reeeeeaaaaal challenge for me.

Also super excited about not stepping on the scale every morning - even though I know not to give too much credence to the number it gives me, sometimes even a wee gain can really wreck my day.

Soooo - start weight 186lbs waist 35".... let's see how this will change!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-11, 14:23

You know, the Whole30 site says nothing about giving up coffee...although you have to give up the cream and sugar! I know it's hardly paleo, but in my paleo world the paleo people drink coffee. They are very clever paleo people...they figured out how to harvest, roast, and grind coffee. Good for them!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-11, 14:39

Plan: general LC
Stats: 191/140/133 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 88%

I drank splenda and HWC in my coffee. I definitely cannot drink it black, I thought it was putrid, lol. I did, however, discover, that canned coconut cream makes coffee wonderful again. It is a vice for me though, and I think I'll be much better off swapping my morning coffee for a walk instead .
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-11, 14:54

Plan: Paleo/Atkins/low cal
Stats: 232/148/135 Female 62
BF:a lot
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue333
...... but in my paleo world the paleo people drink coffee. They are very clever paleo people...they figured out how to harvest, roast, and grind coffee. Good for them!

Thanks for the chuckle.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 07:15

BF:

I can still drink coffee? The best!! I have been using coconut cream for a while (lactose and me don't get along), so this seriously is making my day!

N
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bookish*
I can still drink coffee?

Totally! Go to the Whole30 website! The latest version is here: http://whole9life.com/2010/12/whole30-2011/

You could just google "Whole30 Diet" as well, and that will get you there!

Last edited by Sue333 : Wed, Aug-17-11 at 16:37. Reason: I wasn't quite finished!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-11, 06:56

BF:

Done and bookmarked! Thanks for the link!

I'm sipping on my tasty coconut coffee as I type this out - it's gonna be a good morning...
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-11, 07:54

OK, I said I'd post my measurement stats. I was waiting until the end of my TOM! Here goes...not going to weigh or measure again until the first weekend of October. (although I'll probably snap and weigh myself at some point... )

Weight: 174.5lbs (blah)
Chest (just under the breasts): 33.5"
Waist: 32.5"
Tummy: 41"
Hips: 43"
Upper thigh: 24.5"
Knee: 16"
Calf: 16.5"
Upper arm: 12.5" (this was hard to measure all by myself, I might be off a bit)

Arm and leg measurements were done on my left side, only because I am right handed, and it was easier!

Sigh...I remember when I was a teenager...my waist was what my thigh is now. Gosh, that is just depressing. I am going to go eat some bacon. Mmmm....bacon! OK, not depressed any more!