Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-17, 03:37
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 133/124/112 Female 58ins
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi I'm TaraMaiden and I was a Carboholic...

Hello everyone!
what would you like to know...?

Let's see....
I'm half-Italian, fluent in the language, and I lived in France, also for nearly 7 years, so I'm pretty much fluent in that language too...

I have always had an intimate and close connection with food;
first of all, with my Maternal (Italian) Grandmother, with whom I used to go and stay on holidays, and with whom I spent all my time, nearly, watching her and learning things in her kitchen.
My parents, secondly, were both gourmet cooks. They loved food. In fact, we ate real food 100% of the time: Fast food had no place in our house, and dishes were prepared from scratch, without exception.

My parents have instilled in both me, and my brothers, a love of cooking, all manner of foods.
However, being Italian, I have always adored, and eaten pasta, rice, bread and potatoes. They have regularly been a major component of everything I made.
I further also am passionate about Japanese food (though I know very little about it on a grand scale.... I made my own Miso paste though!)

My husband, (No. 3. Don't ask....) whom I married in 2011, but whom I met in 2004, developed diabetes II in around 2008-9.

It was he, who recently researching a news article regarding the elimination of D2 through fasting, actually initiated our interest in a new LCHF lifestyle.

Since the end of March 2017, I have lost around 9lbs, but am aiming for a loss of a further 13.

My H has lost a stone, and is also aiming for further loss.
He has managed to stop taking his Diabetes medication.

I confess, I'm not "into" this, as much as many others may be. I don't calculate blood pressure, morning sugars, blood counts, electrolytes, or anything else to the Nth degree. Others do that, I'm happy for them, and I admire their attention to detail.
Me?
I'm not ever going to eat carbs in anything like the quantities I used to eat, and currently, I'm living as close to zero carbs as I humanly can.
I am definitely going to continue with this lifestyle, and am very happy with the results it has brought me so far.

My "gift" to myself, when I reach my target weight, will be to luxuriate in a treat of Sushi.
But not before then.

Until then, I'm just plodding on, slow but shore, drinking my morning BPC's and eating sensibly every day, when I become hungry.....

HOpe that fills in whatever you may want to know!

The floor is open for questions!

Last edited by TaraMaiden : Sat, Apr-15-17 at 05:08.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-17, 05:07
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

By the way... How do I edit my profile? Can't find anything like 'settings' or 'Profile' or 'tools'....
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-17, 06:34

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Welcome! Edits USER CP if you are logged in click link below:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/profile.php?do=editprofile
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-17, 07:23
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thank you so much! I 'preciate it!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-17, 07:55
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Welcome to the forum. You'll find the people here very helpful, but you seem to have everything figured out already. Still, if you get stuck, there will be somebody ready to help.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-17, 09:02
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default by the way #2....

My signature isn't showing up... is it a case of time into membership? in other words, your signature only shows up after you've been a member for <insert period here> or have done a XX number of posts....?
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-17, 10:45

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Welcome Tara. Good for you, and your DH for figuring things out so well. As to sushi, I often felt that the rice just kind of got in the way of the "good" stuff, but felt funny just leaving it on the plate. Since going LC (4+ years ago) I just order a plate of shashimi, and savor every bite. Our local Japanese restaurant serves it on spiralized daikon radish. When DH & I were in Japan in 2015 I found it quite easy to avoid the obvious carbs, though perhaps there was some sugar in some of the sauces. The food was excellent, I walked a lot, and had lost a couple of pounds by the time I got home.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-17, 00:00
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

The Japanese have hitherto enjoyed a fabulous lifestyle, food-wise, and their cuisine is healthy, varied and fresh.
Sadly, the incidence of coronary disease, diabetes and health problems generally, is rising, due to the influx of Western eating habits.

Me, I'll stick to their wonderful 'old fashioned' stuff!

I thoroughly enjoy a regular good helping of sashimi, particularly salmon, which is readily available.
My grandson, who is six, is equally keen, and will happily devour a plate of sushi and sashimi, soon as look at it!

(ETA: I just read my first post on this thread: I can't believe I wrote 'slow but shore' instead of 'sure'! Good grief, what was I thinking - ?!)

Last edited by TaraMaiden : Sun, Apr-16-17 at 15:56.