Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-17, 21:11

Plan: Atkins 20
Stats: 161/161/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Hey You, I'm LC now, too.

Hi, I'm Jara. 36 yr. OLD mom of a growing much too quickly 11 yr. old girl. So, puberty is beginning and my daughter is becoming very body conscious as of late. I blame myself for this alot because I've gained 26 lbs this last year, and am realizing how often I have been complaining! Not fair for me to attempt to tell her to stop because I realize it's something that she really is becoming concerned about.

Anyhow I decided I'd start doing the LC thing. It worked for me 15 yrs ago. I think it'll help her to see me making health conscious choices and feeling better about myself......maybe the constant I'm fat I'm so fat stuff will stop for both of us!

I'm on day 2...pretty much following the Atkins Induction. However, I'm so craving sweets. Cakes and pies!...needless to say I'm settling for cheese and almonds. Hoping it gets easier soon. Any thoughts on ,say, a minimal amount of exercise I could do that'll help in shedding lbs?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-17, 23:08

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Hi justjara

Walking is the easiest thing! Get MapMyWalk or some other tracker and turn it on when you leave the house. ALSO: play music. Time passes quickly that way, and you can keep track of your progress with the app.

Show your daughter this can be done!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-17, 05:01

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Since you are asking and I've been thinking about exercise and weight loss recently I'd suggest dialing in the diet before any exercise is even considered. It has been my experience that the flow of available energy moves from diet to movement.

In my case I felt compelled to activity through proper diet for a length of time. At least that's how it looks looking back. And as proper eating continues so does the body look for other ways to use up extra daily food input.

If you are looking to get ripped it might be a different story but save that for later
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-17, 06:27

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Since you are asking and I've been thinking about exercise and weight loss recently I'd suggest dialing in the diet before any exercise is even considered. It has been my experience that the flow of available energy moves from diet to movement.

This is exactly my experience as well.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-17, 12:29

BF:

Thanks ya'll walking is prolly what will be my go to. I broke out Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies a couple days and ago and my daughter would not even jump in with mE even though she went and put on her "workout outfit". My guess is she's prolly only gonna be "cool" with walking. I'm kinda stoked though! 3rd day and 4 lbs scale difference already. Also I've found my favorite meal already a sliced roma tomato with 1 Tbsp ranch , a 4 oz grilled chicken breast and 2 up eggs.....who would have thought egg yolk would be an awesome condiment on chicken? What the?
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-17, 12:48

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Is your ranch dressing fat free?
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-17, 02:08

BF:

No. Just regular classic ranch....I think the entire meal was right at 3.3 net carbs
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-17, 02:18

BF:

Oh my...for dinner tonight.....they were amazing...I made tuna patties here is exactly how I made them...

3 cans tuna
Half an avocado
1 TBS mayo
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped onion
Salt and pepper
Cayenne pepper(I like spicy)

I just heated my skillet with a little olive oil and used my wooden spoon to drop them in and browned em....bout the size of a silver dollar pancake...made about 8 I think......we ate them with regular yellow mustard..and my daughter loved them! They really were amazing. Be awesome if one of ya'll tried my recipe and let me know what ya think!