Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-11, 09:13

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%
Default 19 years since my diagnosis

Tomorrow marks 19 years since i was diagnosed with type I. yesterday i had my eye exam and guess what...?

i have not one complication! woohoo!
Doc (super retina guru) said my eyes are "beautiful....as if i had never had diabetes."

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-11, 11:34

Plan: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Stats: 212/162/155 Male 68 "
BF:32/23.5/23.5
Progress: 88%

Congratulations!! You're not only doing something right but you are being a good role model.......
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-11, 19:36

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

That is wonderful. You are doing it right!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-11, 09:14

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

I'm so happy for you! Cajunboy is right, you really are being a good role model.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-11, 09:35

BF:

Thank you for the kind words

I plan to have big party next summer to celebrate 20 years complications free.
First, i want to do something physical- climb a mountain perhaps? Then i will have a big dinner party with my family and break out the bubbly!

And it will be a nice time to let the people most involved know how much their support has meant to me (Mom, and now my husband).
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-11, 09:56

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 115/115/115 Female 5'7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Lovely lovely news! I love it when the doctor says my eyes are clear. Have a wonderful celebration.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-17-11, 13:28

Plan: Atkins/Hhcg
Stats: 155/115/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 133%

Robin

That is fantastic news!!! I know this is old, but I am just seeing this now. This is my wish for my daughter who was just diagnosed this March at the age of 10. I am doing everything in my power to make sure she too reaches milestones like this!!!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-11, 13:25

BF:

Dawn- you have the most amazing timing! I was feeling very sorry for myself today. Last night I went to Cirque de Soleil with my husband- something i have always wanted to do! At the intermission, I told him i was going to get something to eat- forgetting to tell him i felt low.
My Dexcom was telling me i was ok- but i knew the calibration must be off. Anyway, long story short- left my purse with my husband and off to line i went. the line was longgggggg, and i became so disoriented, i could not remmeber where we were seated, or his new cell number. EMTs had to intervene (buy me a Coke) and the only phone number i could remember was my parents land line (the same number they have had since I was 6).
My poor mom got the call "We have your daughter...."
Both Mom and husband were horribly scared by all of this, of course. Especially, husband who could not find me for about an hour and a half....

Ugh- anyway- bumping this made me realize diabetes does NOT rule my life. I just had a bad night

Still trying to figure my 20 year celebration next summer, but i have begun work on a short speech thanking my Mom and Husband.

And Dawn- if you are invested enough in your daughter's care to be on this forum, i know she has a great, happy, healthy future ahead
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-11, 07:00

Plan: Atkins/Hhcg
Stats: 155/115/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 133%

That must have been scary. I cannot even imagine having to go through something like that Robin. Very scary to even read about it. Amy goes nowhere without her purse that has some Starburst in it. Even if we just "stop at the store" for a minute, she brings it in. You never know when you may take a bit more time than you expect. A learning lesson indeed! You will have a lot to celebrate next year when you reach 20 years!!! Cannot wait to hear about it!!!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-11, 12:10

Plan: generalized low carb
Stats: 205/180/185 Male 67
BF:31%/14?%/12%
Progress: 125%

I have been 'up the creek' without a few glucose tabs in my pocket a few times. Always makes me annoyed with myself.