Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 12:58

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%
Default It's 2 1/2 weeks till Thanksgiving!!!

It kind of snuck up on me and I haven't officially decided my menu yet. I was thinking about it earlier but now here it is...what about you???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 13:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/246/130 Female 5 foot 2.5 inches
BF:47%/32.0%/22.5%
Progress: 1%

I am just going to have a normal roast turkey... plently of veggies though both starchy and none starchy..... fruit pie for the family with icecream and fresh fruit and whipped cream for me.... just going to be the four of us so it will just be kinda simple
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 13:33
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Everything will be lc in my house. Even the desserts.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 13:51
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Turkey, broccoli, stewed cranberries made with Splenda, small batch of stuffing made with lc bread, mashed potatoes and gravy for the kids... almond or pecan-crust (Or NO crust) pumpkin pie, sf of course. We're having Thanksgiving early, since my daughter has to work Thanksgiving day. I'll probably make some non-lc favorite treats for her and send the rest home with her.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 13:56
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leasmom
It kind of snuck up on me and I haven't officially decided my menu yet. I was thinking about it earlier but now here it is...what about you???

Last year I had a totally LC thanksgiving. This year I'm having thanks giving just as I normally would, except for the following changes.

-LC bread in the stuffing
-Pumpkin pie is going to be LC
-Cranberry bread is going to be lower carb (not LC, but I am planning on mixing sugar + splenda and using lower carb flours + wheat).
-I'm going to have a mixture of mashed turnips + some potatoes instead of just taters
-I'm going to make cranberry dressing from scratch with splenda

Everything else is already LC... turkey, gravy, green beans, cauliflower & cheese, etc.

It's going to be higher carb than usual of course but it's still going to be fairly LC.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 17:49

Default Cauliflower and Cheese...ooh that sounds good

Any suggestions for a substitute for yams or will it kill us to have yams cooked with splenda??

I was supposed to make cornbread dressing using Atkins cornbread but it never made it to that. So, I am going to have similiar foods and regular for dd, since it is just us. So, it's gonna be turkey, ham, mock mashed cauliflower, if not the culiflower than broccoli and cheese, low carb cranberry sauce, and either yams or fried apples using splenda,which will be a first for our family at Thanksgiving but sounds really good. And Green bean casserole. Also rolls for dd and crustless pumpkin pie for dessert for me and regular pumpkin pie for dd.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 20:06

Plan: Atkins - Modified
Stats: 330/330/280 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Everybody!!!! I've decided not to fret too much about what I"ll be making for Thanksgiving. I've been doing really well with LCing and have only had 1 reward day in 3 months so I'm going to take Thanksgiving weekend as an opportunity to have another reward period for me. I'm not gonna go super crazy with the carbs though, LoL. OF COURSE!!

We're getting together with the fam and each part is gonna bring over 1-2 dishes so it's not gonna be a traditional thanksgiving for us. So we're gonna have 2 thanksgiving, one with them and one mini one for ourselves. Here's a summary of what will be made:

LC Almost-Erotic-Creamed-Spinach (lmao)
Broccoli & Cauliflower w/ mozzarella
LC pumpkin cheescake pie (with a minicarb bake mix crust that has been cut with graham crackers for the yummy flavor LoL)
LC apple cobbler

And the one serious non-LC food will be.....

STOVE TOP

I MUST have stovetop, LoL. It's one of my fav foods.

Leasmom, I say go ahead with the yams. It's a holiday so it's a special time and you can go on and treat yourself =) Just don't go super crazy, LoL.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 20:36

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 322/240/140 Female 5'6''
BF:I have no idea
Progress: 45%

Well, I know I am having turkey. Marty
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 22:09
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 345?/339/165 Female 5'5"
BF:63

Were going to DH's mom's house in the panhandle. So I won't be able to make anything, we'll just have to be sparing on all the HC stuff. Great, thats right at the end of our induction too! I've got to try to figure something out, I definately don't want to blow the first two weeks, by one weekend!

Renee
http://81x.com/rhall859/Photo_Album
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 22:29

Oh gosh...will they be offended if you bring your own foods to eat with thiers???
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 22:50

Plan: Atkins - Modified
Stats: 330/330/280 Female 5'6
BF:

Why would they be offended? Just make it less obvious, ya know? Like say you brought some sorta casserole for the occasion (make it LC) and then they'll think you're just being kind or something. LoL.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 12:40

Plan: In Transition
Stats: 256/180/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 66%

My family is very supportive. My son and DIL will have most everything LC. I will bring two of the families most favorite traditional Thanksgiving comfort foods that they can't seem to willingly let go of. It's not a problem for me. There will not be a temptation to deal with. I feast on the fact that no one else wants to make the dishes because they're so sure that only I can make them the way they like them.

Last year, only four months into this WOE, I had high expectations for myself. I had never once cheated then and intended to keep that status going forward. I ate small to moderate portions of the turkey, salad and steamed brocolli and cauliflower. No dessert. I fully expected to wake up the morning after showing a weight loss. NOT! I had a gain of at least one pound, maybe two.

It was the most memorable misery to have a weight gain to show for my havig been so good and so strong. I remember reading posts from low carbers who cheated, enjoyed themselves and woke up showing a weight loss. That was demoralizing and incomprehensible to me at the time.

This year I will once again eat low carb. I will be good, strong and deny myself. What I will not do is go into Thanksgiving or any other holiday ever again with expectations over which I now understand I have little control of. I've accepted that I must do what I can and not sweat the small stuff. My body has its own agenda.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 12:51
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

I am going to my daughter/SIL's house this year as daughter is with child (due with my 2nd grandchild, January 15th!). They are having dinner catered from my favorite Gardens (restaurant) with turkey and trimmings. The only 2 legal things for me are turkey and green beans. I am bringing mock mashed potatoes and the pumpkin bars with maple cream cheese frosting I got off this board last week. I love maple and pumpkin and cream cheese. Sounds like I will get the better part of this Thanksgiving.

Last edited by MisterE : Tue, Nov-09-04 at 07:10.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 14:46
MySpaceBarSticks.

Plan: atkins
Stats: 21/20/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: -1%

I am having 2 dinners. 1 at my house for my immediate family and then we will go to my aunts house for the extended family. (different days tho) It's nice to have my own cuz then we have lots of leftovers ( don't get those when you go to someone elses house)
I am making my dinner 90% low carb. I am taking mashed cauliflower and low carb stuffing to her house so I will have plenty to eat there too.
all food aside it's just nice to have family to have dinner with!!!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 07:08

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Thanksgiving will be my first holiday meal cooked for the whole family. I've gotten several ideas here. My mother-in-law wants to bring pies, but I'm making everthing else. Hubby wants lc blueberry pie so I'm making that for him. I'm going to use lc bagel's for the stuffing, plain green beans, mash pot, swt pot, not sure what else so far. At least I can control most of the dinner by cooking. (I do like to cook)

I'll keep watching for idea's you all have great ones. Thanks.