Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-05, 18:52

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 316/228/150.0 Female 5'3
BF:54
Progress: 53%

Hi there,
I just wanted to say that I read this thread and read the links and I am very impressed, interested and excited to try it starting tomorrow! As you can see by my stats, I have a HUGE amount to lose and don't know if this woe is the way I should go or not. I guess time will tell. I hope it works well because gastric bypass is in my near future and I've been kind of looking for one last option. Congrats to all here who have had success with it!

Take care,
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-05, 22:34

Plan: The Paleo Diet
Stats: 225/206/155 Male 68
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by watcher16
The only research I know about on when you eat showed that it doesn't matter when you take your daily calories, late at night or during the day.

The research about eating during a 4-hour period a day shows this is beneficial to your body, better blood values of all sort.

Hi Watcher,

Just thought I would let you know there is an article in the current issue of Lancet called "The need for controlled studies of the effects of meal frequency on health". One of the things the article mentions is that many studies on meal frequency in the past were questionable with mixed results. The National Institute on Aging and the USDA are currently doing a meal frequency study. The control group will eat three meals per day and an experimental group will consume their entire daily food allocation within a 4 hour period in the evening. The study is designed to last for for 2 months, followed by a 2 months off the diet, and then another 2 month crossover back on the diet. This will probably be the most comprehensive controlled study on eating once per day that has been done to date. The results are expected to be published later this year.
  #108   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-05, 02:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 130/130/120 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:
Default question

during the day can i have coffee with cream and splenda??

also for an overeating meal can i have a chesseburger and side salad or do u have to watch ur fat intake?

thanx
  #109   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-05, 15:16

BF:
Progress:
Default help

hi, can someone tell me if i did this right?

i didnt eat durin the day

5:00pm -wendys's chicken blt salad with a cupp of decaf coffee with two splendas and one half and half

im goin to try and do a atkind type without lots of carbs for two weeks then reintroduce them there after.
  #110   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-05, 15:31
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyp
Hi there,
I just wanted to say that I read this thread and read the links and I am very impressed, interested and excited to try it starting tomorrow! As you can see by my stats, I have a HUGE amount to lose and don't know if this woe is the way I should go or not. I guess time will tell. I hope it works well because gastric bypass is in my near future and I've been kind of looking for one last option. Congrats to all here who have had success with it!

Take care,

Well succes Kelly , I hope it works for you too. As you can read in my posts I advise especially a relaxed approach. As being used to extreme diets I find people that know me can't believe this is also a working WOL. But it really does.
  #111   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-05, 15:34
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylack31
...The National Institute on Aging and the USDA are currently doing a meal frequency study. The control group will eat three meals per day and an experimental group will consume their entire daily food allocation within a 4 hour period in the evening. The study is designed to last for for 2 months, followed by a 2 months off the diet, and then another 2 month crossover back on the diet. This will probably be the most comprehensive controlled study on eating once per day that has been done to date. The results are expected to be published later this year.

Hi Tylack, I know of this research, the study was done before on mice and rats. I a really looking forward to the publication you mention. It would be an enormous support for the WD, but also (again) an eyeopener on the issue of 'common knowledge'...
  #112   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-05, 15:43
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinachic
during the day can i have coffee with cream and splenda??

also for an overeating meal can i have a chesseburger and side salad or do u have to watch ur fat intake?

thanx

You can have that and enjoy it, but be careful with the amount of junkfood in a whole week of eating, not too much!

I hope you understand the issue of clean eating? The burgers can't be part of everyday's diet.

Quote:
hi, can someone tell me if i did this right?

i didnt eat durin the day

5:00pm -wendys's chicken blt salad with a cupp of decaf coffee with two splendas and one half and half

im goin to try and do a atkind type without lots of carbs for two weeks then reintroduce them there after

Seems no problem to me, the WD is really quite easy on the sort of food. But you will find if you start getting healthier you will develop a craving for the better foods. Coffee is actually a kind of fatburner, so it works 2-way's, helps undereating and helps getting rid of the fat!

Just see first if you can maintain the principle of under- and overeating.
  #113   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-05, 16:24

BF:
Progress:
Default thanx

thanx for the reply i appreciate it i just have one more, sorry but i really want to get this down packed so it can work.

durin the day do u drink coffee with cream and splanda or is it not allowed also the overeating can last only four hours is that correct?

also does it matter at wat time the overeating begins as long as its in the p.m?
  #114   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-05, 11:50

Plan: warrior diet
Stats: 178/173/160 Male 66
BF:
Progress:
Default More questions about the WD

Hi All
Does your workouts have to be at night? Also, I cannot stand salads. Can I start off with some fruit, then go into the protein portion of the meal? Are we supposed to drink water with the meal or is it restricted?
Thanks for the help.
  #115   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-05, 00:11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinachic
thanx for the reply i appreciate it i just have one more, sorry but i really want to get this down packed so it can work.

You're welcom to ask, as long as you realize I answer from my own 2 year experience and info gathering concerning the Warrior Diet, and maybe not exactly conform the book of Hofmekler (I still have to buy it..)

Quote:
durin the day do u drink coffee with cream and splanda or is it not allowed also the overeating can last only four hours is that correct?

During the day all coffee or thea with or without cream is allowed. And also some small portions of fruit, vegetables, salad, eggs, cheese, yoghurt, meat or fish.

The overeating which is now under scientific research is placed in a 4 hour period. But I use the whole evening from about 18:00 to 24:00. This is not a strict timeperiod, if social events ask a shift in the 4-6 hour period: No problem!
Quote:

also does it matter at wat time the overeating begins as long as its in the p.m?

That's right, it does not matter exactly, one has to adapt it to his or her schedule. For me I mostly come home from work at 18:00 to 19:00, so it starts then. For me it ends about an hour before I go to bed, but I make no problem of even taking some food right before I go to sleep.
  #116   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-05, 00:17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy34
Hi All
Does your workouts have to be at night? Also, I cannot stand salads. Can I start off with some fruit, then go into the protein portion of the meal? Are we supposed to drink water with the meal or is it restricted?
Thanks for the help.

Workouts are preferred to be before your main meal, but I am able also to do reasonable heavy sport during the daytime and eat much later in the evening.

There are no restrictions, so you can do what you want...

But the Warrior diet advises to take the carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta, bread) after the salald/vegetable/legumes part of the meal.

I personally have this moderate low carb variant by not taking the potatoes, rice, pasta or bread at all. In general that is. I know of more people doing it like this.

You are advised to drink a lot of water during the day, but in the evening you can drink what you want, beer and wine included. Ofcourse as little as possible sugar-drinks!

If you eat clean food instead of junkfood you will facilitate the proces much better ofcourse
  #117   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-05, 06:05

Plan: warrior diet
Stats: 178/173/160 Male 66
BF:
Progress:
Default How soon after working out at night...

do you eat your big meal? thanks again for the helpful tips.
  #118   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-05, 13:45
Registered Member

The strange thing is that if I exercise, my appetite goes away a litte, so I eat when hungry, and that is then about one hour later, first I sit down and drink a 0,5 liter, sometimes two (half juice half water, which is my standard, all kinds of juices).

You're welcome!
  #119   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-05, 08:20

Plan: mayo
Stats: 165/145/110 Female 5'2" w/ shoes!!
BF:
Progress: 36%

Good Sunday morning everyone! I have been intrigued with this WOE for awhile now and would love to start! The thread has pretty much explained the how-tos. One of the main reasons I want to do this is because I LOVE my few glasses of red wine EVERY night. I find when I do regular LC (Atkins) and drink wine I don't lose. Will this WOE work if I have wine every night during the overeating phase??
Here is my plan (with some variation, of course)
B-coffee w/ cream (usually 3 BIG mugs)
1-2 eggs cooked in tiny bit oil, raw or cooked vegies
S-if needed, piece fruit
L-raw vegie salad (oil/vinegar dressing) w/ small amount of protein, cheese.
S-fruit OR vegies OR nuts (whatever it seems I need)
D-(start overeating phase 4:00-5:00) WINE! protein, salad w/ any salad dressing I want, cooked vegie. No starchy carb
S-I will probably only need a dessert on special occasion (not usually a problem if I am full from dinner)
How does my plan look? How many are doing this WOE? I am new to this forum (just registered) so I was wondering if there is a challenge on the WD?
Good luck to all, thanks for your help on this!!
  #120   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-05, 01:55

Plan: atkins 72
Stats: 214/208/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

This way of eating is very interesting to me. Before I went to college, I ate very little during the day and one family meal at night. I weighed 118 pounds througout high school. When I went to college, I began eating fast food frequently and I would eat three or more big meals a day. I have not been able to control my weight since. Now I weigh 214 pounds. Thats 96 pounds in 7 years. I have read all the research about eating 5-6 small meals a day. I've come to realize that for me it does not work. I will try this diet because it is close to what I ate when I was smaller.