Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 05:07

Plan: mayo
Stats: 165/145/110 Female 5'2" w/ shoes!!
BF:
Progress: 36%

Good Thursday morning! Day 3 went great again. 1 lb. down...Here's my menu:
Exercise-8 min. Taebo...Water-about 90-100 oz.
B-3 big mugs coffee/cream
L-1 cup of homemade soup-2 oz. chic breast w/ mixed vegies
D-overeating phase start 4:30-2 big glasses wine, 2 small salad samples at store, sunflower seeds, 1/3 lb. hamburger patty topped w/ swiss cheese, salad, handful potato chips, cheesecake (not LC) with two scoops icecream
I couldn't believe I was down a lb. this morn! Today I will try not to eat at all. It almost seems easier that way, to just not eat until I get home from school.

Watcher-thanks for all your help and info. Are you at goal? Do you still follow WD to lose or maintain? I found your old journal and plan to read it today!

JPaleo-let me know what you come up with! I hope you find a way to do this and feel good through out the day. I'd love to have a buddy in this!

I may be alone in this WOE but I plan to stick with it unless I start gaining. Journaling like this helps keep me on track. Good luck to all!!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 06:50
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I had a lot of success with the WD when I tried it a month ago. So I am back on the plan again. The only trouble is, my boyfriend is convinced it is the most unhealthy diet I have tried. He gives me a very hard time about it.

I am combining Warrior with Atkins. In my overeating phase last night, I have a salad, green beans, asparagus, eggs, tuna with mayo and cheese, and two turkey burgers with lots of ketchup.
  #138   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 12:35
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaob
Watcher-thanks for all your help and info. Are you at goal? Do you still follow WD to lose or maintain? I found your old journal and plan to read it today!

Great I can help Jaob.

I am not at goal, I want a real sixpack, and although my legs, arms and chest are real lean now, my belly is still a problem area. I found a bunch of bodybuilders have this problem. When I flex you can't pick a piece of skin on my belly, but when relaxing the thing sticks out. So... I am still digging the net for info how to overcome this. For the moment I keep going like I do, you could call it maintenance, but weight is not my measure, that's the mirror
  #139   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 12:37
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha
The only trouble is, my boyfriend is convinced it is the most unhealthy diet I have tried. He gives me a very hard time about it.

Please give the points he thinks are unhealthy, maybe I can give him some third party medical info on the subject?
  #140   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-05, 21:31
I will try...until.

He's a faithful follower of "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day". :P

And besides that, he pretty much says how unhealthy it is to go all day without food.

*sigh*
  #141   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 01:33

Plan: atkins 72
Stats: 214/208/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Today I was down 3 pounds. I'm not eating much at all during the day. Maybe some fruit at the most. I overeat after 5 pm. I'm taking a multivitamin and B complex vitamin. I find that I'm not physically hungry during the day just mentally. Could the vitamins cause me to have a low appetite during the day?
  #142   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 06:43

BF:

HI all! Glad there are a few more of us here! I was back up the lb. I lost yesterday And today at school we are having an all day pot luck I will try my best to stay out of the food!! I have felt great all day, yesterday I didn't eat all day and the only symptoms I feel is tummy hunger. I am not light headed or weak. I feel pretty good. Who would've thought???

Akasha-I find that this is the "wierdest" WOE I can do that no one will know about. Since my family usually only sees me eating at dinner and I eat a normal dinner, no one knows I eat little during the day. Sounds sneaky, I know, but it's hard to explain different WOE to everyone. What were your results the month you did the WD??

tpahmw-3 lbs.!! great! What does your menu look like during overeating phase??

I am a bit discouraged with the 1 lb. I gained but I will keep up with it. Trying not to focus on scale but how my clothes feel. Tonight we are having steak, lobster, salad and potatoes (I'll probably skip potato) for early Father's Day dinner So nice to think about all day!!!

Have a great Warrior Friday, Watcher, Akasha, tpahmw
  #143   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 12:00

Plan: My Own
Stats: 154/141/- Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaob
JPaleo-let me know what you come up with! I hope you find a way to do this and feel good through out the day. I'd love to have a buddy in this!

Hi Jaob, I'm still working on it. This week has been really stressful and my biggest problem has been emotional eating so not eating (or eating very little)during the day has been extremely difficult. I know that the WD could help with this ultimately but only once I really got into it and the getting into it is what is hard. The minute I start to deprive myself I have issues (and although there is the overeating meal at the end of the day it's getting there that is hard for me when I am stressed). I'll keep trying and let you know how it is going. My biggest goal is to get over food obsession and be healthy.

Also don't worry too much about gaining 1 lb. My weight fluctuates within a 5 lb range everyday so I think your 1 lb gain may just be some fluctuation. I'd stop weighing yourself all together (I don't even have a scale) or do it only once a week to really gauge where you are.

-J
  #144   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 12:26
I will try...until.

Jaob, Don't worry about the small gain. It was probably water or something. I find that I gain when I eat a lot of salt, but it goes away quickly as soon as I cut back.

I actually only did the WD for a little over a week before, but I lost an AMAZING 5 pounds in that time.

JPaleo, I have that problem too- food obsessing that is. I let food control my life and I really want it to STOP.

Tpaw- Congrats on the 3 pound loss! I find that if I must eat during the day, I stick to an egg or handful of nuts.

Also, I drink coffee with a little Splenda and whipped cream. Does anyone else drink coffee? I find that it supresses my hunger a lot. That and Crystal Light.
  #145   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 13:51

Plan: My own combo
Stats: 147/135/132 Female 1.72cm (5'8'')
BF:no clue
Progress: 80%

Hi guys!

I just finished reading the whole thread and I think I'll give it a shot since this is the way I was eating when I was weighting 132 pounds (till about a year ago).

When I was working (till about a year ago when I had a major mental breakdown) I would eat milk and musli in the morning and then -at work- a couple of fruits or a yogurt till about 6:30 or so, then I would eat *normal* stuff (very healthy stuff, anyway). The reason for me doing this was that my belly wouldn't be happy after meals (bloating...yep..on H carbs) so I wouldn't eat almost anything during my working hours cuz I didn't want to be walking around looking like a pregnant lady (been there, done that 3 times!!!).

Reading this thread I suddenly saw the light and realized that I can go back to eating like that but now a bit more structured. I really want to do this again since nothing else is helping much I started working again last week so it will be much easier than when you are at home sitting on your lazy butt all day long
  #146   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 00:44
Registered Member

Post Some research on eating at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha
He's a faithful follower of "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day". :P

And besides that, he pretty much says how unhealthy it is to go all day without food.

*sigh*

Oke Akasha,

Here I placed some links to posts about the idea of the 4-hour period of eating which was scientifically investigated. The latest research on a human population is coming soon, I read already the results were also good. So it is not only not unhealthy, it is even more healthy than 'normal' eating.
'Normal', btw, could very well be the 'eating at night'! :

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...679#post5346679

On this one I placed a link to an investigation which showed that eating late at night being bad is an urban myth. Maybe it came into existence when people started 'thinking rational' about dieting:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...683#post5346683

When your boyfriend has any remarks or questions I would be glad to try to answer them
  #147   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 00:59
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpahmw
Today I was down 3 pounds. I'm not eating much at all during the day. Maybe some fruit at the most. I overeat after 5 pm. I'm taking a multivitamin and B complex vitamin. I find that I'm not physically hungry during the day just mentally. Could the vitamins cause me to have a low appetite during the day?

Hi TP,

The low appetite could be caused because during the night you changed from burning glucose to burning fat for fuel. Als long as you during the daytime avoid the carbs you will be feeling fine. When you would eat especially high glycemic carbs (like a couple of cookies) you will need to eat very soon more carbs (craving for bad snacks ).

If you keep some cheese or boiled eggs in reserve you will find that with that little volume of food you can even exercise and eat late.

I use the vitamins to support the body during the daytime, so there would be any way no shortage of anything.
  #148   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 01:08
Registered Member

~all new ones:

I am very pleased to read the new posts and see the enthousiasm!

Keep us informed about how you feel about what you do, I think that maybe the most valuable indication your body/mind can give you.
The human rationalisations about diets (including science) seem to be erroneous time after time.

Also bad results and failures are welcome so we can learn from eachother.
  #149   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 03:12

Plan: My own combo
Stats: 147/135/132 Female 1.72cm (5'8'')
BF:no clue
Progress: 80%
Default Question about breath......

For the ones already doing this diet.....

Do you get bad breath if you don't eat anything (or almost anything) till dinner???

I remember that when I was eating like this, if I ate almost nothing -till dinner- then I would get bad breath (felt like *ketosis* breath). It would be gone by next morning so it wasn't much of a problem, but I'm wondering if it could be related to some detox process going on

Any idea????

Btw....I did feel GREAT eating like this that's why I want to do it again
  #150   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 06:39

BF:

Hi everyone!! Oh dear! My biggest fear...I'm gaining, gained 2 lbs. Yesterday we had our all day potluck and I was so good. I only picked at some fresh vegies, two slices salami and two slices cheese. Overeating phase started at 4:00-9:00 (a little longer than should be)but here is what I had:
4:00-piece of cake (retirement party)
5:00-9:00 3 big glasses of wine
8:00-steak, lobster w/ butter, salad w/ blue cheese, asparagus, sauteed mushrooms
9:00- 2 oreos

So my questions are...am I gaining because I am not following the order of foods in the overeating phase. Am I eating too much? Not enough? Too much wine? I just started exercising...could it be weight gain due to exercise (though clothes don't feel any different)? I would love to keep doing this WOE but I cannot afford to gain any weight. I struggle for any lbs. I lose no matter what WOE I try.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Carmen-I don't think I have experienced the bad breath you talk about. For the last two day I have not been eating during the day (aside from the few vegies yesterday) Of course, others may differ in that opinion of my breath