Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-09, 20:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default Persistent feelings of fullness

I know, I know - sounds great except that it isn't.

The last 3-4 weeks, I've been constantly full. Stuffed, even. Even in the early mornings. Feel like I wake up with a cinderblock in my belly. I ate maybe 750 calories yesterday, and a bit more than that today. I literally feel bloated all the time. It's good for losing a little weight, but not a good feeling. Eating actually makes me feel bad. I don't have any other symptoms.

I have an appetite -- food looks good. I want to eat. But I'm not able to eat much without filling completely up. This from a 260 pound guy whose main issue in life has always been voracious hunger. I want the food, I just don't have the room, and it is miserable to overeat, except to me right now, any amount of food seems to be overeating.

I am pretty sure it's not diet related -- I've been low carbing for six years.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-09, 22:58

Plan: LC gut healing
Stats: 302/285/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Irrelevant
Progress: 12%

I know you so don't want to hear this, but you probably want to run that by your doctor.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-07-09, 23:53

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRuth
I know you so don't want to hear this, but you probably want to run that by your doctor.

I second this! That's not a normal reaction to eating low-carb, so it's not diet-related. It needs to be checked out!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-08-09, 11:33

Plan: LC
Stats: 170/129.8/125 Female 5'1.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

I get like this when my gallbladder acts up.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-16, 01:03

Plan: Atkins / Keto / ZC
Stats: 182/130/130 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 100%

I went to the doctor for the same reason. In the past few weeks/months I have not been able to eat nearly as much food as I used to, and I have bloating and a coated tongue. I have also gained 4 kg. I think I may have a fatty liver - the doctor ran blood tests, scan and swabbed my tongue. I learn the results after the Easter weekend. I was just so uncomfortable. I really do hate the bloating (not excessive but just enough to be uncomfortable). I am spending the weekend cutting out the wine, and learning some methods to help my liver deal with life.