Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#736   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 04:41
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Aug 1 - Oct 30 * Day 16

Weigh-in/Activity/Supps/Sleep: 3/4 - I was out of town all day and didn't get my nap. X
Gratitude journal: done
Food tracking: journal

Eating:
Gold days: 2
Green days: 8
Yellow days: 5
Red days: 1

Transportation costs saved: $40

I was out of town with my "other in-laws" - my DH's small company - at a big event with some not-so-ideal food. We were near where my dad lives, so we went out with him for some bowling. It was a lot of fun... now I'm a bit sore.
Sponsored Links
  #737   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 04:43

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Realized I had not had a session after a late day. Tried "laying down meditation" lasted for about 2 mins - It was a nogo ZZZzzzz See what happens today.
  #738   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 06:50
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 4 of 90

Stuck to plan: 4
Off target: 0

Well, since Kat decided not to be the annoying one using the imoji, then I guess I need to step up and be the annoying one... adding ON A ROLL to my streak of good days strung together.

Yesterday afternoon my daughter Courtney and I took a little road trip down to Norfolk for a "Meet and Greet" event for one of Dr. Westman's new Heal Clinics in Virginia. It was their first community outreach event. It was a small gathering. Half the people there were either newbies to Keto or hearing about the healing power of keto for the first time. My daughter, myself, and one other successful loser had an opportunity to share our testimonials. Of course I brought my size 56" pants for the OMG factor. I was proud to hear what Courtney had to say. She is really starting to "get" this LCHF as a lifestyle thing. I signed up to be a Healcare Ambassador -- basically a volunteer to help out at area events. I also expressed interest in becoming a coach Healcare program. It was a fun event -- well worth the trip.
  #739   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 07:16

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I have decided to rejoin this challenge. My determination to be in bed by 10PM has taken a hit and I want to re-establish it. Making my intention known to others and then recording the degree to which I have succeeded daily helps me stay the course. I haven't reverted back to really late night bedtimes but my bedtime has been creeping up so I'm back.

I think I will also add recording my food intake daily on cronometer. Although I haven't ever deviated far from my eating plan I did stop my daily recording and my weight has crept up a few pounds so I am going back to being more diligent and keeping a careful record. I am also tweaking my eating plan a bit, raising protein and lowering fat, trying out Ted Naiman's suggestion to eat one's goal weight in grams of protein and to keep fat at the same number of grams as proteins. For me this means increasing protein and lowering fat. So many different "experts" with so many different suggestions. I thought I might as well try this one since a consensus on what's optimal doesn't exist and at my age higher protein is often advised. I also pay attention to nutrient density basing my choices on what Terry Wahls suggests.

Last edited by cotonpal : Fri, Aug-17-18 at 07:24.
  #740   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 08:21

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Make the Most of Summer; Get Ready for Fall

Be active for 20 minutes (or more) every day.

21 June through 3 August: sloth

04 Aug - walk, 20 minutes
05 Aug - 75 minutes gardening, 10 minute walk
06 Aug - 20 minutes cleaning, moving boxes, 10 minutes walking
07 Aug - 20 minute brisk walk
08 Aug - 120 minutes gardening: and it's only noon!
09 Aug - 75 minutes walking. 2.6 miles!
10 Aug - 15 minutes walking, 5 minutes stair climbing & high steppin'
11 Aug - missed
12 Aug - 20 minutes walking (warm up) and 20 minutes salsa dancing!
13 Aug - 80 minutes gardening.
14 Aug - missed
15 Aug - 315 minutes of light cleaning - inside. got a lot done!
16 Aug - I did walk around a lot in a couple of stores, but... no, can't claim it.

It's cooled off, and Siri tells me that the AQ is good right now, at 23 on the air quality index. I don't know really what this means, but... good! By the same measure, a couple of days ago, it was at 157, considered "unhealthy".

Kristine, the city was never in any danger of fire, these blazes are all in the wilderness, but they sure are affecting air quality - I've heard that the smoke from the historically massive CA wildfire has made its way all the way to the east coast! Boggles the mind.

Cotonpal, I also crave more protein than recommended for "keto" macros.

khrussva, sounds exciting, being involved in the new clinic!

#741   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 09:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Yesterday afternoon my daughter Courtney and I took a little road trip down to Norfolk for a "Meet and Greet" event for one of Dr. Westman's new Heal Clinics in Virginia...

Excellent Stuff!
  #742   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 09:27

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
I have decided to rejoin this challenge...

Hi cotonpal ! welcome back.
  #743   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 19:09

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default day 2 of 5 this week

1. 20 min of exercise 5 days a week - 30 min stretching exercises + 10 min doing upper body exercises with my mom tonight at ALF
2. 15 min of writing, etc 5 days a week - 35 min
3. Do something in/for the house and yard. 15 min a day, 5 days a week - 20 min removing child locks on kitchen and bath cabinets
4. Planning ahead for the next day and doing my best to stick to it. Making sure I have food and it's prepared and ready to go. EVERYDAY - this is ongoing, really all day. I am still working on it, but can safely say yes.

I know it's only day 2 but preparing is already paying off.

Jean, nice to see you back!
Ken - ha!!! I don't know, all the clapping hands were really annoying - the rolling heads are kind of fun, but thanks for picking up the slack!!
  #744   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 04:01
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Aug 1 - Oct 30 * Day 17

Weigh-in/Activity/Supps/Sleep: 3/4 - No activity yesterday.X
Gratitude journal: done
Food tracking: journal

Eating:
Gold days: 2
Green days: 9
Yellow days: 5
Red days: 1

Transportation costs saved: $40

I felt like a zombie yesterday. I neither got any activity nor did anything on my 'to-do' list. That's what I get for having a crappy food day, I guess...

Ken There are a lot more annoying ones off-site. Glad you're on a roll! And congrats to you and DD on being involved with Dr Westman. That is really great.

Jean, welcome back. You're right on the different recommendations, and you can only give it a shot to see how you feel and what results you get.

Pi, the haze is crazy. I've seen lots of photos on Twitter and folks in Vancouver had really bad haze the other day from their wildfires, so I bet it's all up and down the coast.

Thud, I think there should be a separate word for meditation to refer to it when you're doing it at bedtime to quiet down your mind for sleep.

Kat, congrats on your good start.
  #745   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 05:23

BF:

Practice: Incorporate ~1 fasted days per week (ADF) and at least one >=20 minute sitting meditation/day until Oct 1 2018:

WeekEnding | Meditation20min [M,Tu,W,Th,F,Sa,Su] ; DaysFasted [X]
0708 | Su - Tu - W - Th - F(X) - Sa - Su
0715 | Tu - W(X) - Th - F(X) - Su
0722 | M - Tu - W(X) - Th - F - Sa - Su
0729 | M - Tu - W(X) - Th - F - Su
0805 | M - Tu - W(X) - Th - F - Sa - Su
0812 | M - Tu(X) - W - Th(X) - Su
0819 | M - Tu - W - F
0826 |
0902 |
0906 |
0916 |
0923 |
0930 |

Krstine, I think the body is designed to sleep when it goes vertical - meditation for me in this position is not possible I'm grateful that since I have lost weight that sleep apnea that had developed on account of it, to the point of need a CPAP machine, has been resolved. I no longer sound like a Sith Lord when I Snooze. ha!
  #746   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 06:46

BF:

I will start tomorrow. When I posted yesterday about a 10PM bedtime I forgot that on Friday nights I listen to a live stream teaching that doesn't start until 9:15PM so my 10PM bedtime is for every night except Friday. I am tracking my food on cronometer, upping protein and decreasing fat.
  #747   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 11:35
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 5 of 90

Stuck to plan: 5

This is the last week that my two college girls will be at home. Getting packed up and moved back to school will keep things a little crazy for me. For now I'm just working at keeping the protein high and staying on the keto side of the fence. For my next tweak, I think that I'll be doing that Jean is doing... a little more protein and a little lower in fat. I haven't tried that combo before. I will we interesting to know if it will give me better satiety when eating less. I'll need to start logging my food again to see what my macros are. I'll start Monday. BTW: Welcome Jean! Nice to see this challenge getting busy again. We've all got something to work on.
  #748   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 13:33

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Make the Most of Summer; Get Ready for Fall

Be active for 20 minutes (or more) every day.

21 June through 3 August: sloth

04 Aug - walk, 20 minutes
05 Aug - 75 minutes gardening, 10 minute walk
06 Aug - 20 minutes cleaning, moving boxes, 10 minutes walking
07 Aug - 20 minute brisk walk
08 Aug - 120 minutes gardening: and it's only noon!
09 Aug - 75 minutes walking. 2.6 miles!
10 Aug - 15 minutes walking, 5 minutes stair climbing & high steppin'
11 Aug - missed
12 Aug - 20 minutes walking (warm up) and 20 minutes salsa dancing!
13 Aug - 80 minutes gardening.
14 Aug - missed
15 Aug - 315 minutes of light cleaning - inside. got a lot done!
16 Aug - no
17 Aug - 20 minutes dance practice, barefoot in my living room!

warmed up with some West Coast swing patterns to the music of Bobby Blue Bland, followed by salsa patterns to the música sabrosa of Ruben Blades. Practicing my technique. Joy!

#749   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 13:47

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Day 5 of 90

Stuck to plan: 5

This is the last week that my two college girls will be at home. Getting packed up and moved back to school will keep things a little crazy for me. For now I'm just working at keeping the protein high and staying on the keto side of the fence. For my next tweak, I think that I'll be doing that Jean is doing... a little more protein and a little lower in fat. I haven't tried that combo before. I will we interesting to know if it will give me better satiety when eating less. I'll need to start logging my food again to see what my macros are. I'll start Monday. BTW: Welcome Jean! Nice to see this challenge getting busy again. We've all got something to work on.

Both Ted Naiman and Marty Kendall say that according to the research protein not fat is the most satiating macro. So far for me, only a few days in, it seems to be holding true but time will tell. It could just be the effect of having changed something and the initial enthusiasm that can accompany such changes.
  #750   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 21:41

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default day 3 of 5 this week

Thanks Kristine!

1. 20 min of exercise 5 days a week - 20 min stretching and just basic exercises when I got home late...ran out of time today, full day
2. 15 min of writing, etc 5 days a week - 15 min
3. Do something in/for the house and yard. 15 min a day, 5 days a week - 20 min: 1 more child lock removed, and Princess Jasmine stickers are no longer on my dining area window. I thought nail polish remover and a butter knife would do it, and it took awhile but it worked.
4. Planning ahead for the next day and doing my best to stick to it. Making sure I have food and it's prepared and ready to go. EVERYDAY - prepared and took something with me when I had to go out twice today -I'll go ahead and clap on that one!

Last edited by mviesprite : Sun, Aug-19-18 at 20:20.
Closed Thread