Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, May-17-06, 10:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/125/125 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi, first time posting in the teen section.

I haven't lost weight for a guy, but I suppose indirectly I have. Like, I want to look good in general to be more confident about dating and such.

It's soo true people like you for who you are.

Example, I totally was infatuated with this guy a few years ago.

We lost touch, and when I saw him again he was almost up to 300 lbs (at 6'4" mind you).

But I still like him, simply because of who he is.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, May-17-06, 11:02
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

I have only started on my weight loss journry, but i have always had a lot of dates, more i think because i am a happy person, with a great smile. I do not judge my men be their weight either, because their thoughts, feelings, interests, and personality are the important things, i do not base feelings on looks, because i am hoping to find the man i will spend my life with, and how many hot 90 year olds do you know, I want someone who will love me if i go grey, love me if i wrinkle up, love me when i get false teeth, or through anything else that happens, and I want to be there for him too, no matter what.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-18-06, 00:35
Ohmahgawd! Really??

Stats: 314/306.5/300 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

I have been a "big girl" for most of my life. I was chunky as a child, stout as a teen, and in my late teens, early 20s, I lost a lot of weight and met a man who only cared about what I looked like. He gave me 2 children, never bothered to marry me, cheated on me non stop, gave me several black eyes, and eventually shot me in a drunken rage. I then spent 8 years alone, raising my kids, healing, and gaining weight. Then I met another man. I weighed 275lbs. He loves me for who I am, and says I am beautiful. We have been together now for nearly 10 years. In a few months, we will have been married for 3. I have found that I don't have to be skinny to be loved...I just wanna see my feet again.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, May-31-06, 09:30

Plan: ADKINS
Stats: 190/190/120 Female 5"7
BF:
Progress:

I Am A Gurl Who Is Losing Weight For My Boyfriend He Says He Doesnt Want Me To And All But I Feel Bad When I Go Around Him Because He Is A Toothpick And Preppy And All His Friend Are Too They All Say I Dont Need To But I Feel Weird Around Them And All I Hate That Feeling If Anyone Who Feeels That Way I Do To
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-06, 12:39
Registered Member

Stats: 138/135/110 Female 5' 0"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I am losing weight to make myself feel better. I have been in a relationship for 2 years and my bf says he doesn't think I need to, but since we started dating I have gained 25 lbs. I know deep down he will be happy when that weight comes off and I will be too! I will have more self confidence.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-06, 00:51
Registered Member

Stats: 240/136/150 Female 5 ft 5
BF:
Progress: 116%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA
I have to admit I initially started to lose weight partly because of a guy I had a thing for at the time. I quickly forgot about them, and I started doing it for myself.

same here.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-06, 06:22

Plan: Almost Atkins
Stats: 153/139/127 Female 5'4
BF:31.5%/29.8%/20%
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lajavableu
same here.

ditto =] but now it's for vain ole me

of course it doesn't hurt when they tell you you grew hotter/sexier, but after a while it's so you know, like it doesn't matter, because it's all about yourself now.. not so sure if you know what I mean mm
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Feb-07-07, 07:38
Registered Member

Stats: 270/258/140 Female 70 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Me Too! Kinda Sorta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatball35
oh there is no way i would lose too much weight or do anything stupid for a guy bc i dont care that much...i want to lose a few pounds anyway, not just for him, i was just in a bad mood when i wrote that. sorry! and thanks! i

Hey! I mean, I guess its wrong to lose weight jst for a guy, but I sort of am too. There's this guy at my school (I'm a junior) and freshman and sophmore year I didn't really know him. But this year, we have 3 classes together! I'm taking 6 classes and I think he's taking 5, so I'm in more than half of his classes. He's just the nicest guy. BTW, he almost always initiates the conversation. And he always comes to talk to me in the library outside of class. So, I definitely want to lose weight because, frankly, I'm just not comfortable making a move at this weight. But its not just for him. And its a long way off, but there is no one I would rather go to prom with!
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-07, 01:54

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins Diet
Stats: 140/130/110 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

well... i gotta say our generation is definately a vain generation. looking nice helps a lot socially and in other areas, too. and it sucks, because things shouldn't be this way, but they are.

i'm not really losing weight for a guy. he made me happy enough to be able to do it on my own, but I am mainly doing it because I will feel better once it's done, and because it is something I have always wanted to do.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-07, 13:28
Registered Member

Plan: none in particular
Stats: 206/173/119 Female 5ft8
BF:
Progress: 38%

im not losing for a guy - im losing for me BUT losing for me includes liking attention i get from guys when i thinner. so i dunno.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-08, 23:12
Registered Member

Plan: very high fat diet
Stats: 185/185/185 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany
I had gained almost 40lbs since the last time I saw my boyfriend .....

Even though I know he wouldn't care

think again
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-08, 23:20
Registered Member

Plan: very high fat diet
Stats: 185/185/185 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterrose
well... i gotta say our generation is definately a vain generation. looking nice helps a lot socially and in other areas, too. and it sucks, because things shouldn't be this way, but they are.

way off, it has nothing to do with vanity and everything to do with natural selection, we're genetically programmed to like prettier more fit people, thats how nature keeps the species from becoming a midget blubber parade

think about it, if guys liked fat ugly girls as much as pretty skinny girls... i shudder to think what would become of us in 10 generations..AKA things SHOULD be this way
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-08, 23:49

Plan:
Stats: 290/191/170 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

One of the biggest reasons is I want to ask out this girl but I didn't think that I'd have a good chance. My goal is 210 and I think I'll ask then. At the rate I've been going that should be by the beginning of April.
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 10:41

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86
way off, it has nothing to do with vanity and everything to do with natural selection, we're genetically programmed to like prettier more fit people, thats how nature keeps the species from becoming a midget blubber parade

think about it, if guys liked fat ugly girls as much as pretty skinny girls... i shudder to think what would become of us in 10 generations..AKA things SHOULD be this way
I agree. I don't think there's anything wrong with people who are strictly attracted to healthy, fit, attractive people. Even when it comes to choosing my friends...I enjoy being around people who make me want to try harder and look/be my best.

Then again...what *I* consider to be attractive might be shocking to some!LOL!!!
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-08, 02:43

Plan: Keto-ish Low Carb
Stats: 420/407/240 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 7%

Read my journal as well. I am looking for responses.

I am trying to lose weight for myself as well as to get the attention of some girls. However I do agree that it is wrong.

I also thought you girls would enjoy this link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9IPZLPGr4

(It is safe for work)