Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 20:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/180/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking I need your help

My name is Treasure, and I'm a college junior who is getting a very gross "spare tire"! I have been on the Atkins diet for 3 days ( I hope I'm doing it right) and I really , really want a doughnut. Is there anyone who knows if the Atkins diet works, or knows of another diet where I can actually eat some food, PLEASE e-mail me. I am new at this and welcome to advice. Thanx a bunch, guys!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 19:11
Registered Member

Plan: vegetarian, etc.
Stats: 190/158/129 Female 5'10''
BF:24%/22%/17%
Progress: 52%
Default listen and repeat: DRINK MORE WATER!

What's up? I'm a college student and a carbohydrate addict. My cravings for sweets were out of control, but actually went away after a month of atkins, so I know that it can be done. Take one day at a time. If you think to yourself that you can never have another doughnut, pasta, or bread, for the rest of your life, it just makes you want it that much more. Think instead, you can have one if you want it, but you're chosing not to. You're making a smart choice to improve my your health. -or- even better, just think about the doughnut moving through your system *yuck* you KNOW that can't be good for you!

I'm currently experimenting with different "ways of life" and combining them to personally fit me, so I can't give you any specific ideas, cause everyone is individual. BUT--There is one definite tip that I can give you: DRINK WATER TO FIGHT CRAVINGS. You've probably heard it a hundred times, and you'll hear it a thousand more. Everytime I think "Oh god! I just can't take another minute without a cookie!" I make myself get up and drink a glass of water, and I'm usually normal again in ten minutes. Don't underestimate the power of water, seriously!

Good luck.. if I can do it, anybody can.
Love and Laughter,
BabyGirl

P.S. Any food you find yourself saying you "need" is probably one that you definitely shouldn't have. I find that the foods I used to love the most just cause triggers to craving more of them.

P.P.S If you're more interested in fighting cravings then losing weight, I suggest you look into CAD/CALP.