Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 16:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/214/165 Female 5'6 in
BF:
Progress: 2%
Default Any other students out there?

Oh bother, I was doing okay until the past week or so. I caved. That's right, the stress of finals got to me. Or a little was finals, a lot was me wanting an excuse to cheat. <sigh> 2 bags of doritos that I ate a whole lot of later and I don't have the bravery to step on the scale. Wacked.

Anyway, another complaint/comment, did great the first 2 weeks on the diet, then drove down to houston and had the brilliant idea of stopping at the Russell Stover's outlet and buying some of their low carb candies. Bad mistake, that was a month ago and I've lost and gain the same 3 pounds a whole lot of times. That could be part of why I caved extra this weekend, I got a bit frustrated. I know I should have simply stopped eating the candies, but they were so there and I can't resist low carb stuff when its there. If they'd been normal chocolates, no problem. Oh well, they are gone now and I am commited to being a better me.

So, any other college students cave for finals and want to commiserate?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 19:15
Registered Member

Stats: 128/116/116 Female 5 feet, 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 100%

I usually cave in because of exhaustion. I figure that a little extra carbs is going to give me a little extra kick and then it just makes me feel the opposite! My best motivation for getting back on track though is that classes start in a week. It's back on induction for me!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 20:29
aznlily68

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I actually do a lot better under stress and the rigidity of classes, finals, and work. Although sometimes I'm just so busy that I don't even have time to eat, it's a lot better than being bored and eating out of boredom. Its going to be hard to continue losing weight over the summer once the rigidity of school and the gym are gone (i go to my school's gym). But hopefully I can keep busy with work and studying and stuff like that. Classes end tomorrow for me and all my finals are scheduled for next week (thank goodness!) so I have the rest of the week and weekend to write papers and crammmmm! haha
GOOD LUCK with everything and much love =D
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-07, 21:47

Plan: Gluten Free, Low Carb
Stats: 205/200.2/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 9%

My finals are over ! YES ! But.. Sometimes I do want to cave. If I do, I put a piece of gum in my mouth (if I'm at work) and if I'm at home, I eat a piece (JUST ONE!!...if I can help it) of low carb cheesecake, or I make a mock danish (recipe is the recipe breakfast section) because its sweet and fills me up. Usually the only time I feel like caving is during dinner when someone else is eating garlic bread or when I'm just borrrred.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 17:50
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I took a semester off, so no stress for me (besides the fact that I need a job badly) but I know where you are coming from.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 19:13
Registered Member

Stats: 215/214/165 Female 5'6 in
BF:
Progress: 2%

Thanks ya'll. I went ahead and bit the bullet this morning and I'm actually down a pound from before I ate the doritos, but I've still back in induction. And no more Russell Stovers!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 03:09
Registered Member

Stats: 205/194/165 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hey all. Interesting topic. This is midterms week for me, so I can relate to what all of you have been posting. Usually I play basketball to release stress, but since I have been stuck in the library, I decided to "snack" on a few treats. I had bag of potato chips, a bag of peanuts, and a soft chocolate chip cookie. They were SO good. Anyways, time to go back to studying...
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-07, 10:51

Plan: Gen LC, Atkins influence
Stats: 264/251/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I tend to eat when I'm stressed, so I'm not looking forward to what's going to happen for finals week in a couple of months. I missed the finals stress out this past semester. Well, no, I didn't miss it, I just wasn't doing Atkins, sooo... *shrugs*

I'll let ya'll know how I do this time around. I hope everyone can find the willpower I can't seem to, though!