Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 15:34
Registered Member

Plan: FatLocity (as of 10 March 02)
Stats: 291/276/175
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Hi fellow Australians !!

How great to find a site that actually has a local support forum. I hope we can help each other out a lot with local low carb foods, etc. I'm not too thrilled with the idea of ordering in from America!
I have already a couple of things to share, so I hope you don't mind seeing some other posts from me today. I'm gonna have to post a photo too I think!.

I did post this on the general site, so you probably have seen it before, but here is my introduction again.

Hi everyone,

My name is Kim. Well, its Kim-Louise really (the nickname that has come is K-Lou). I live in Sydney, Australia, on a beach just north of the city.

I am on day five of induction and am doing great. Have lost 7.5 pounds so far (yahoooo). I'm finding it so great. I love this WOE (way of eating). I have studied up on this so much, and read so many threads on forums that I feel there is no way i can't succed at losing these 100 pounds. These forums are a fantastic support, and I hope going forward I can be of as much help to you all as you no doubt will be to me. I'm so psyched about this I'm even thinking of doing a website of my own to keep track of my progress and maybe help some other local folk with it. Low-carb it not so big in Australia, and there are not too many resources available to us. So if any of you can help with that, then fantastic!

Anyway, enough from me by way of introduction. I hope you guys don't mind if I post a lot. I have a feeling this will help me.

Thank you all
K-Lou
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-23-01, 01:00

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi K-Lou, just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss to date, well done! I wish I was still losing that quickly! With your attitude and the support of this forum, I'm sure you won't go wrong.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-23-01, 09:23

Plan: PP
Stats: 270/220.4/220
BF:
Progress: 99%
Smile Hi

Hi K-Lou, nice to meet you

Congratulations on your weight loss

isn't it great to find something that works!

I'm from South Australia, and I totally agree with you about there not being much info here in Australia.

Let us know if you do start up a webpage.
Good luck low carbing
bye
Kaye