Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-05, 18:14

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 198/136/127 Female 174cm
BF:42%/19%/10%
Progress: 87%

Caz> the kids eat differently from my husband and I. Wish i could change it but atm it is better they eat something rather than nothing. ppl always say that if they are hungry enough they will eat whatever u put in front of them, not the case with my children. Daugher 1 isnt into vegies at all but eats truckloads of fruit and Daughter 2 loves both her vegies and fruit. I am giving my husband the same as me but just adding carbs to his for him. He says that he loves our menus these days, much healthier and much better variety.

BSheets> Hi, there isnt too much action in the auz side of this site, perhaps we can all change that

Tara
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-05, 18:57
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hi Tigger,

I'd be happy to change that! I'm online in forums a lot but didn't even know this section existed until I did a general search for something else and it popped up. There are probably tons of others that don't know either.

I'm going to have to keep an eye out hehe.

Other than that I'm going to do some 'bulk cooking' today. Making a spinach and olive frittata, picadillo, maybe some tuna salad with my own mayo (can't find sugar-less in the shops), haven't decided on the rest.

Maybe an omelette with tomatoe sauce for breakfast (just got up and it's 11am ... I LOVE Sundays!).

I'd like to get to know whoever else regulars this place.

e
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-05, 23:46
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 202/176/126 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi Tara, You sound like you have things pretty well organized at your place. I think I will spend some time in the recipe section and find LC stuff my other half might like and just add a few more carbs for him. I worry about his diabeties. I went and had blood tests today and will have the results Friday. Blood sugar, cholestorol etc. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Talk soon.
Caz

BSheets , Welcome. I posted to this thread last week not even realising it had been inactive for nearly 4 years, but I'm glad I did because it's been nice to talk to other Aussies and see how they manage their LCing and give each other support. Tell us a bit about yourself. Hear from you soon.
Caz
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 02:58
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

I just emailed one of my fav mags actually. They've just started a new section where they list calories and fat so I simply asked them to include a carb count too. I let them know the fad-dieters have passed but the life-timers are still here.

I think it's the downward sales in lc bars and things that make people think there are no lc'ers left. But personally I don't use the bars or anything else like that. I try to keep it as natural as possible. (I did use museli bar-type things in my first two weeks I must admit but that's because I love, love, love oats and grains. Now I don't miss them much at all).

I'd love to hear about other people around here.

Caz, that's no good to hear about your husband's diabetes. What type is it and how old is he? I assume he's lc'ing or something now?

e
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 07:18
Registered Member

BF:

Hi e, Nice to talk to you. I don't eat much processed LC food either. I try to eat as many natural, fresh foods as I can. I missed grains and oats at first, but now it's not too bad. The one thing I really miss is scones. I only learnt how to make a good scone about 4 months ago and was just getting it down to a fine art, when I decided it was time to look after my health and change my bad eating habits. So, Goodbye scones. I still make them for my rellies though. My hubby is 47 and has type 2 diabeties. And NO, he doesn't LC or anything else. He is pretty stubborn. As I said to Tara, I will try and cook LC for him as well and add a few extra carbs for him and a bit less fat and see if that works. Catch you soon.
Caz
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 23:01

Afternoon all

I am having a bad day today. after almost 2 whole months of LC'ing, and 14 kgs of weight loss, I have had chocolate. then after that I had bread The reason, apart from kindy doing a chocolate fundraiser! was i had nothing prepared to eat in the house and i had left it so i was at the point of shaking i was so hungry. The only reason I had some bread is coz I had already had so many carbs from the chocolate that i said stuff it, I might as well have a few more. Now I am going through the thoughs of giving up lcing all together.

I know that tomorrow is another day I hope this doesnt stuff me up too much as I really want to get back down to my goal weight and i am only 6kgs away.

Must go now and do up a whole heap of salad so that i am ready to get back on track tomorrow.

Tara
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-05, 05:15
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Tara,
Sorry to hear about your bad day, but I don't think you should give up. Sometimes I feel like saying "bugger it" and eating everything in sight, but then i think about summer coming and having to be covered up and hot while everyone else is swimming and having fun. This would have been my fifth summer carrying all this extra weight, but it's going to be a good one this year instead.I know you can do it. Think about the fun you can have with your husband and kids, if you're feeling lighter and good about yourself.Hope today was a better day.
Caz
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-05, 07:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 189/169/139 Female 5ft3ins
BF:41.8%/39%/33%
Progress: 40%

Well thank goodness I found you aussies lurking around here all by yourselves.
I also found this thread by accident andt have been wondering how many of us are at this forum.
Are you all involved with many threads or challenges. By the sound of things food is the main topic of the day..and the temptation that goes with it.
I hope to catchup again..so nice to have some fellow aussies around.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-05, 14:40

Talking

Caz, Yes I had a better day yesterday, right back on track and didnt vaver at all. Although sometimes its asthough the chocolate in the cupboard is screaming my name lol need to hurry up and get rid of it. Today should be good too as I have a big bowl of salad made up and also a bowl of sugar free jelly to snack on. I think yesterday I wouldnt have had anymore than say 8grams of carbs, so hoping that will balance my body again after eating the choccy the other day.

Tardon> Hiya good to see you

Well I have just done my measurements and weight for the end of the month, makes me feel so good when i do that. It is fantastic watching the weight falling away. Do the rest of u use the PLAN part of this site? So for this month I have lost another 4kg. Hopefully this time next month if I really put some effort in and try to get some exercise (its a hard thing with a 4 month old, 2 year old and 3 year old at home and no day care and living in the bush) I might even reach my goal weight of 70kgs. Now that I am getting this close I am contemplating going to 65kgs. What is everyone elses target?

Must go and feed the kids

Have a good day everyone. oh btw, do u think we should start a new thread with a more appropriate title? and we can do a daily post in there?

tara
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Sep-30-05, 06:35
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

Hi Tara,
Sounds like you are feeling better. I'm really glad and congrats on the great results for this month. You must be flat out with three little ones. I don't think I'd have the energy.
I have lost another 2.4lbs this week, so I'm getting there slowly. Although I need to measure myself again as I feel like I' m losing size more than weight. I've had to put my watchband on the next notch and my rings actually come off without soap. HaHa. it sounds like a good idea to start the new thread, I think we need a more appropriate name for it.

Hi to tardon too, it's nice we are getting a few more people chatting. The more the merrier.

I am aiming for between 58 and 60kg. I think thats a pretty sensible weight for my height and age. I used to be 53kg, but I was 10 years younger then.
Today I went to the op shop and bought a pair of jeans and these are going to be my "See how I'm shrinking jeans". At the moment they only get within two inches of doing up, so hopefully soon they will button up and then get too big.

Well, have a great weekend everyone, we have a long weekend in NSW this week. Hooray. Talk soon....

Last edited by CAZ38 : Fri, Sep-30-05 at 06:42.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Sep-30-05, 14:14

Our new post is called "how are we all going today"
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-05, 04:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 189/169/139 Female 5ft3ins
BF:41.8%/39%/33%